10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Question: Can Storm survive temperatures of Absolute Zero? If so does anyone have scans?

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Question: Can Storm survive temperatures of Absolute Zero? If so does anyone have scans?
    Check Uncanny 242, Inferno. I feel like Storm holds Iceman while he freezes the Empire State building and takes it down to absolute zero, and says something to the effect of "my elemental powers will protect me". I can't find a scan, but I feel like its in there somewhere.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

It's a heavily debated topic. I think the biggest argument against is what absolute zero means and a couple of instances that show Storm has an upper limit to her resistance that is below absolute zero.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

BANNED

Right I have that scan, but people keep saying that's not Absolute Zero. And i'm thinking to myself, uh yeah it kinda is. Becasue the next page Cyclops says Iceman has frozen the mountain top to virtually Absolute Zero. So if Iceman is exerting that much cold and Storm says she fine, that means she's immune to it.

BANNED

I get what your saying, but Storm survived the Vaccum of Space for more over than 30 seconds before she was supposed to die. Only to later to tell her team she "feels" Frozen......To me that's a good enough proof she is immune to low Temperatures. I mean Iceman froze Juggernaut's helmet in Absolute Zero and it turned into a block of ice. I on the other hand think she can survive it, becasue she tells us herself. And really Storm has never REALLY been frozen due to her powers protecting her.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    It's a heavily debated topic. I think the biggest argument against is what absolute zero means and a couple of instances that show Storm has an upper limit to her resistance that is below absolute zero.
    Those 'limits' are more a thing in handbooks and trading cards, as opposed to the actual canon. Storm can and does raise temperatures to and above solar intensities on earth, for example, every time she makes lightning(10x hotter than the surface of the sun). I feel like someone just wrote those at the Marvel office just to try to belittle Storm compared to Thor. She also made a Jovian pressure dome on earth, which should only occur on Jupiter, so again, she can and does do things beyond the normal parameters of the native planet(because she can control the forces of nature consciously, like an artist, whereas nature just goes about its usual business on auto-pilot).

Right I have that scan, but people keep saying that's not Absolute Zero. And i'm thinking to myself, uh yeah it kinda is. Becasue the next page Cyclops says Iceman has frozen the mountain top to virtually Absolute Zero. So if Iceman is exerting that much cold and Storm says she fine, that means she's immune to it.
    It's not perfectly clean in that he doesn't say he reached absolute zero until the next page and she has already put him down, but it can be inferred she had no fear of his cold.

BANNED

There is one PIS issue written by Lobdell (who said in an interview that he did not "get" Storm and named her as his least favorite of all the mutants) that tried to give Storm a limit to her resistance to cold. His explanation didn't make sense and every issue prior and since that story he wrote puts her immune to cold (unless her bond with the life force and nature to whatever environment she's in is not yet fully formed). To state with clarity, when Storm's bond with whatever world/dimension/space she's in/on is fully established, she is immune to cold.
    Last edited by rutog98; 09-08-2016 at 01:29 PM.

Hi all, I wanted to share some Storm fan art I did. I wanted to redesign her costume and hair as well.

Attachment 39784

http://jgiampietro.deviantart.com/ar...ents-632739417
    Last edited by spark627; 09-08-2016 at 07:23 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    There is one PIS issues written by Lobdell (who said in an interview that he did not "get" Storm and named her as his least favorite of all the mutants) that tried to give Storm a limit to her resistance to cold. His explanation didnt make sense and every issue prior and since that story he wrote puts her immune to cold (unless her bond with the life force and nature to the area is not yet fully formed). To state with clarity, when Storm's bond with her environment is fully established, she is immune to cold.
    All of this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by spark627 View Post
    Hi all, I wanted to share some Storm fan art I did. I wanted to redesign her costume and hair as well.

Attachment 39784

http://jgiampietro.deviantart.com/ar...ents-632739417
    Great job I love the hair and coloring.

BANNED

Did you guys read the "X-Men and Inhumans Go to War" article here on CBR? If not, here is the link: http://www.cbr.com/live-x-men-and-in...in-death-of-x/.

I didn't see really anything in this article/interview about Storm. If this is supposed to be a huge battle, Storm should be front and center because of her enormous power levels, the nature of her powers (meaning what her powers can do in a large scale war), and her leadership role among one of the major X-Men teams. Why do I get the feeling she'll just be flying around and shooting lightning? In the next CBR interview with Soule and Lemire where the fans can pose their questions, we need to ask en masse if we will finally get to see Storm cut up with her powers in Inhumans vs. X-Men given the scope of the situation (its a war, afterall), the fact that the X-Men are hugely outnumbered (her powers can really do something in a battlefield to even out those odds in terms of numbers), and what her powers can do.

I think this story can potentially be something I can enjoy, but I'm not gonna buy it unless Storm starts really doing some exciting things with her powers. I stopped buying comics many months ago because I could not take paying that $3.99 plus tax per issue anymore just to see her throwing lighning bolts here and there and being so uncreative with her powers.

The book isn't even out yet and you're complaining about Storm's use in it?

Storm is my favorite character. I try to read every book she is in. That said: every story can't feature Storm front and center.

Death of X is about ushering Cyclops and Emma off canvas and explaining what happened in that 8 month gap. It's setting the stage for IvX, in which Storm, as leader of one of the mutant fractions, should be front and center.

Would I love for it to heavily feature Storm - sure. Will I be disappointed if it doesn't - not really.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    The book isn't even out yet and you're complaining about Storm's use in it?

Storm is my favorite character. I try to read every book she is in. That said: every story can't feature Storm front and center.

Death of X is about ushering Cyclops and Emma off canvas and explaining what happened in that 8 month gap. It's setting the stage for IvX, in which Storm, as leader of one of the mutant fractions, should be front and center.

Would I love for it to heavily feature Storm - sure. Will I be disappointed if it doesn't - not really.
    With the way this story is, I rather it not feature Storm. I don't think this will end well for the X-men.