10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    He never seemed to want to right her powers correctly. He had no problems with anyone else, Bobby got to Voltron, Rachel scnanned the whole planet and Firestar and others were able to use their powers in hell but Storm nope.
    It was so horrible. Even the BP books had Storm whooping on DEATH in the AFTERWORLD!

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Like, college major? I'd say Ororo would major in political science, meteorology, or botany.
    Yes. So no cannon issue stating what she is taking?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    If I could go back in time. I would change so much about Storm and Black Panther's marriage. I would have brought more X-Men into the book (giving Storm a mutant team in Wakanda), had Black Panther show off his intelligent and have Storm really use her powers and skills as a leader. I would have T'Challa handling world problems...hell this would have been the current Ultimate book.
    If it was still BP and Storm, BP will still rule Wakanda while Storm becomes president of the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    In which book (title and issue please) did Ororo perform this feat?
    http://notblogx.blogspot.com/2009/06...june-1999.html

Uncanny X-Men #369

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Yes. So no cannon issue stating what she is taking?
    No, not really specified in canon. Most of the X-Men's academic achievements at Xavier's are not specified in the comics, but sometimes they release "yearbooks" or handbooks which give them various degrees. Whether you consider that canon or not it up to you, I guess.

BANNED

No, not really specified in canon. Most of the X-Men's academic achievements at Xavier's are not specified in the comics, but sometimes they release "yearbooks" or handbooks which give them various degrees. Whether you consider that canon or not it up to you, I guess.
    I see. I think it would be interesting if they will actually tell us what Storm majored in. Rogue was mentioned studying law.

It would be awesome to see her professor teach how nature works and Storm is asking if it's possible to do this and that ( cos Storm can ) but the professor will say it is not possible and then there's another student who will try to check if what Storm is saying is possible.
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 10-01-2016 at 03:55 PM.

BANNED

Good stuff... However, it should be noted that the X-Men "were" in a dimension where where the laws of nature fully lent themselves to Ororo mutant abilities.

BANNED

Good stuff... However, it should be noted that the X-Men "were" in a dimension where where the laws of nature fully lent themselves to Ororo mutant abilities.
    That is Storm's powers in general, however. She's able to perceive the universe around her as patterns of energy and forces (be it star, planet, empty space, etc) and bend those forces to her will. The most impressive thing about her feats in the Trion story arc is it shows just how much power Storm can actually wield if she's willing to let go of some of her restraints (She fought the Trion with a "wild abandon she had all but forgotten"). The quantity of energy she wielded in that story is staggering and it shows just how much power Storm can wield in any reality quantity-wise if she wanted to since her powerset it, again, to percieve the universe as patterns of energy and forces she can bend to her will. From the start, Storm has been able to wield "near-infinite" power, but she holds all of that power back most of the time. Every now and then, she lets go a little and we get a glimpse of what she can do if she really wanted to.

I have seen Storm from an alternate reality (non-616) actually time travel. There was a story where foes from the 1950s came to the modern era via a time portal. Storm was able to study the time portal with her alternate vision and later create a time portal of her own by replicating the energy pattern she studied from their time portal earlier and followed the bad guys back through time. Remember that Storm (616 version included) can percieve the way the natural world operates with her alternate vision, study it, and then replicate what she sees. While 616 Storm has never created a time portal, it has already been established that she can sense the time/space continuum and feel shifts in it while traveling through it. This happened in a Black Panther story where Storm, T'challa, Thing, and Torch were traveling through the time stream and Storm was able to sense that they were arriving to their destination as she felt the shift in the time/space continuum. Given that the alternate version of Storm was able to apply this power to be able to time travel, that means its completely possible that 616 Storm, who has the same power set, can do the same, but simply has not used it because a writer hasn't had her do it yet. We have even seen Storm control matter at the sub-atomic level to where she literally created clothing out of thin air.

So, what I am saying is its not so much the fact that Ororo was in that dimension (all that happened in the Trion dimension is her powers adapted to control the natural forces of that reality just as she can control the natural forces of her home reality), the lady is just that dang powerful and her powers can do things people may not suspect.
    Last edited by rutog98; 10-01-2016 at 05:48 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    That is Storm's powers in general, however. She's able to perceive the universe around her as patterns of energy and forces (be it star, planet, empty space, etc) and bend those forces to her will.
    What's your point exactly? I never said she didn't... Moreover, there is no such thing as "empty space" as your trying to imply...

"Outer space, deep space, or just space, is the void that exists between celestial bodies, including the Earth. It is not completely empty, but consists of a hard vacuum containing a low density of particles, predominantly a plasma of hydrogen and helium as well as electromagnetic radiation, magnetic fields, neutrinos, dust and cosmic rays."

My first pic in Swaptober is of course Storm as a man.

Attachment 40448
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

What's your point exactly? I never said she didn't... And, there is no such thing as "empty space" as you imply...

"Outer space, deep space, or just space, is the void that exists between celestial bodies, including the Earth. It is not completely empty, but consists of a hard vacuum containing a low density of particles, predominantly a plasma of hydrogen and helium as well as electromagnetic radiation, magnetic fields, neutrinos, dust and cosmic rays."
    Uncanny X-Men issue 166 says that Storm can control the forces that compose empty space. I believe its this ability that she used to mend back together the reality of the Trion as it began to fall apart at its seams. While Storm definitely controls those low density particles you mentioned, this talking about something else other than that.
    Last edited by rutog98; 10-01-2016 at 05:59 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    My first pic in Swaptober is of course Storm as a man.

Attachment 40448
    Better with colors.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

why does it matter what type of dimension this is and where did it state on panel that the dimension lent itself to her abilities (if u could provide the scan that would be great). what i recall is that her powers were behaving unexpectedly:

so in spite of what you said, she was still able to heal an unravelling dimension and thats a huge feat akin to what phoenix has done.

it appears you seem to think that storm fans have this delusion that we believe she can do things well beyond her powerset; however, everything we say can be backed up by canon 616. you ask for page numbers and issue numbers whenever said fans make a claim but i never see u do this with other posters who are fans of different characters.. why is that? i hope u keep this in mind that whatever we claim can be backed by 616 canon when you are mocking her fans and trying to disprove everything we say .
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-01-2016 at 06:27 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Uncanny X-Men issue 166 says that Storm can control the forces that compose empty space. I believe its this ability that she used to mend back together the reality of the Trion as it began to fall apart at its seams. While Storm definitely controls those low density particles you mentioned, this talking about something else other than that.
    I've read all 52 pages of UX-Men #166 twice and didn't find that bit of dialog... Perhaps, you can provide us with a scan of the page(s) your referring to.