7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Damn Story made me miss T"challa and Storm's marriage again
    Wait... Did you not read it? Or do you merely miss rereading it?

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Wait... Did you not read it? Or do you merely miss rereading it?
    I like the story but I miss the marriage.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I like the story but I miss the marriage.
    Ah, the marriage... Honestly, every time I think about it I come to the conclusion that it was tanked because the editorial department didn't want promote the idea of a positive African American family in the pages.

BANNED

Okay, you guys, I was just thinking about Storm's feat where she beat the Trion. The Trion were the sum of everything an entire reality was, is, and will be. That means they were the sum of all matter/energy/life in that reality stretching back as far as the birth of that reality all the way till the ultimate end of that reality. They were all of that power concentrated in those three beings. The Phoenix Force is the sum of the psionic energy of the future generations of the 616 reality meaning the Trion is actually more powerful than the PF.

I have long suspected that Storm either rivals or surpasses the PF at the current stage she's at in her evolution and that she would actually dwarf the PF when she reaches the climax of her mutant evolution. Going back to the genesis of the character's career as an X-Man, she was designed to be equal to Phoenix from the start under CC's pen. While this is not all observed in most stories she appears in and while most writers seem to be oblivious to this fact, every now and then, we see glimpses of this power.

When pitting Storm against cosmics, the main problem to get over is not that Storm lacks the raw power output to go up against the cosmics, the problem has always been a lack of speed on her part. Thing is, people who fly at lightspeed and faster fly do so through means of energy. By that, I mean they have an energy based means of flight locomotion. Given that Storm is a more powerful energy manipulator than these guys and she can also manipulate energy to fly, I would posit that she could concievably also transcend the speed of light if she really wanted to. There are tons of stories out there that details what the Phoenix Force can do, yet we only have a small handful of issues that show the high end power Storm has. While these stories demonstrate that she has a MASSIVE energy output even by cosmic standards, there aren't anywhere near enough stories to really detail all of the ways Storm can apply these vast amounts of energies she commands...and this is her at her current state, not her future evolved elemental state where she would be so much more powerful as the physical limitations of her human body would not longer apply.

I believe Storm, at the height of her evolution, could become the most powerful created being in the omniverse, eclipsing every last one of the abstracts and everything...

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    That is beautiful. I love it. For all the black folks and people that love good entertainment, watch Luke Cage.

Beautiful piece.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Ultimate Member

Ah, the marriage... Honestly, every time I think about it I come to the conclusion that it was tanked because the editorial department didn't want promote the idea of a positive African American family in the pages.
    To be fair though it took their past being totally rewritten, pulling her away from everything and everyone that she knew to even try to make it work, and technically they weren't a family, just a couple...never liked the pairing and glad when it ended...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    To be fair though it took their past being totally rewritten, pulling her away from everything and everyone that she knew to even try to make it work, and technically they weren't a family, just a couple...never liked the pairing and glad when it ended...
    T'Challa and Ororo do have potential. It was Claremont himself who first brought them together. The marriage was rushed, their history has distorted, and Hudlin did write her down tremendously in most of his run with her, but the pairing does have potential. I loved them in Earth X. With the right writer, they could be gold.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Can you show more scans of that fight. And the context of it. I have been looking all over for thoses scans and can't find it.

Was not a fan of Hudlin but this was a cool story. This was the immediate conclusion to the attack in the other scans previously posted. She KO'd death and all of his minions for a brief time with that attack.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Okay, you guys, I was just thinking about Storm's feat where she beat the Trion. The Trion were the sum of everything an entire reality was, is, and will be. That means they were the sum of all matter/energy/life in that reality stretching back as far as the birth of that reality all the way till the ultimate end of that reality. They were all of that power concentrated in those three beings. The Phoenix Force is the sum of the psionic energy of the future generations of the 616 reality meaning the Trion is actually more powerful than the PF.

I have long suspected that Storm either rivals or surpasses the PF at the current stage she's at in her evolution and that she would actually dwarf the PF when she reaches the climax of her mutant evolution. Going back to the genesis of the character's career as an X-Man, she was designed to be equal to Phoenix from the start under CC's pen. While this is not all observed in most stories she appears in and while most writers seem to be oblivious to this fact, every now and then, we see glimpses of this power.

When pitting Storm against cosmics, the main problem to get over is not that Storm lacks the raw power output to go up against the cosmics, the problem has always been a lack of speed on her part. Thing is, people who fly at lightspeed and faster fly do so through means of energy. By that, I mean they have an energy based means of flight locomotion. Given that Storm is a more powerful energy manipulator than these guys and she can also manipulate energy to fly, I would posit that she could concievably also transcend the speed of light if she really wanted to. There are tons of stories out there that details what the Phoenix Force can do, yet we only have a small handful of issues that show the high end power Storm has. While these stories demonstrate that she has a MASSIVE energy output even by cosmic standards, there aren't anywhere near enough stories to really detail all of the ways Storm can apply these vast amounts of energies she commands...and this is her at her current state, not her future evolved elemental state where she would be so much more powerful as the physical limitations of her human body would not longer apply.

I believe Storm, at the height of her evolution, could become the most powerful created being in the omniverse, eclipsing every last one of the abstracts and everything...
    Your assumption seems to contradict Storm's assessment of the Trion --

-- nowhere was it stated and or implied that the Trion were the sum of all matter, energy, and life in that dimension.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 10-02-2016 at 05:40 PM.

BANNED

Your assumption seems to contradict Storm's assessment of the Trion --

-- nowhere was it stated and or implied that the Trion were the sum of all matter, energy, and life in that dimension.
    They are the sum of everything that reality was, is, and ever will be. So, yeah, they are the sum of all the matter, energy, etc of that dimension past, present, and future all in the three of them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    They are the sum of everything that reality was, is, and ever will be. So, yeah, they are the sum of all the matter, energy, etc of that dimension past, present, and future all in the three of them.
    pps I miss spoke... Who ever said that wasn't in the panel --

-- Still, I maintain that wasn't Ororo's conclusion.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 10-02-2016 at 05:45 PM.

BANNED

pps I miss spoke... Who ever said that wasn't in the panel --

-- Still, I maintain that wasn't Ororo's conclusion.
    Try the first scan you posted: "The Trion, sum total of all this dimension is, was, or ever will be."

So, yeah, it is stated on panel. Its in the panel right before they tried to imprison her in that cage.

Edit: Here is the scan you posted that you need to read again where what I said is stated:

Its the panel when they first reveal their true faces once their masks are removed.

If they are the sum of everything that reality was, is, and ever will be, then they are the sum of all the matter, energy, life, etc. past/present/future all at once in that dimension. Heck, look at the blast they are throwing at her. That is not a blast of water, earth, or air neither is the cage made up of that energy. They are elementals who form the foundation of that dimension who wield the sum total power of everything that dimension was, is, and every will be...and Storm beat them. She is definitely one of the top 50 most powerful characters in Marvel if you take her at her best feats. She normally does not operate at these levels, though, so she would not be in the top 50 at the levels of power she restricts herself to use on a daily basis.
    Last edited by rutog98; 10-02-2016 at 06:17 PM.

BANNED

Loving it. Would have been perfect if the eye brows were white.