• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I was humored. My retort was meant to be funny (eventhough I do believe Storm to be more powerful than Phoenix Force Jean Grey).

Jean Grey and the Phoenix Force are two completely seperate entities, but the PF can bond with Jean and they become one in a sense. The Phoenix Force is as old as creation and Jean Grey is just a woman in her 20s. That said, given that Ororo's powers are limited only by the strength of her will and body, and given that there is no real upper limits to her willpower, I'd say that at her full potential, she could easily dwarf the Phoenix Force. Heck, she could probably just devour the Phoenix given that Storm can feed off of life energy itself.

Also, I believe Storm being able to beat the Trion puts her equal to or above Phoenix Force Jean Grey.
    Nope, canon disagrees with you. Once Jean said yes they became one and then it became an extension of her natural abilities. They aren't separate right now. That's why Jean is in the white hot room as white phoenix of the crown. Jean judges universes and if they are determined to be dead ends she wipes them out. The Phoenix is a conscious force but Jean is it's prime master. Storm would have to pull an omniversal feat like meghan to be in Jean's league.

BANNED

For me, Storm is the most powerful comic character.

BANNED

Any new Storm sightings?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Any new Storm sightings?
    No not yet though hopefully we get something soon.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    For me, Storm is the most powerful comic character.
    Statements like this are why Storm fans get a bad reputation.

If Storm is a powerful as the Phoenix, why does Phoenix mopped the floor with her (along with everyone else) when ever they fight? Is Storm powerful, absolutely. Is she at the same level of the Phoenix? Not even close.

To me, that's a good thing. Look at all powerful characters like Phoenix. They are good for a story arc, but not long term. I don't want to see Storm off judging the universe. I'd rather she have limits and have to use her brains and her powers to overcome foes. That's better story telling.

Now as for IvX, I want to see Storm unleashed. I want the Inhumans obliterated.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post

If Storm is a powerful as the Phoenix, why does Phoenix mopped the floor with her (along with everyone else) when ever they fight? Is Storm powerful, absolutely. Is she at the same level of the Phoenix? Not even close.

To me, that's a good thing. Look at all powerful characters like Phoenix. They are good for a story arc, but not long term. I don't want to see Storm off judging the universe. I'd rather she have limits and have to use her brains and her powers to overcome foes. That's better story telling.

Agreed this is what I want to freaking see lol. She has been to considerate when the same has not been afforded to the mutants.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post

This is true I am just grateful that it's really only a few posters that have the reputation the rest of us don't.

It's important to remember these characters are written by fallible writers. I think rutog does go a little overboard sometimes, but the canon does support many of his claims. Storm did best the past-present-future of an entire dimension. She did stop it from being torn asunder and put everything back in its place. That is right up there with White Phoenix of the Crown editing a timeline.

Now, as for why doesn't Storm beat up Phoenix or Magneto or whomever else in these stories... that falls to the writers/editors, who choose to use or no use her wide range of abilities according to the story they want to tell.

Even with just her usual weather feats, Storm is ridiculously powerful. A normal thunderstorm produces anti-matter! Have we ever seen Storm use anti-matter attacks in comics? No. But it is well within her capacity to do. A hurricane has 200x the power of the entire world's electrical generation capacity(including nuclear power plants!), just considering it's rain/cloud formation! Ultimately, I think most writers and readers don't understand enough about meteorology and physics to appreciate what Storm can do with a casual thought, let alone more exotic or concentrated efforts.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    It's important to remember these characters are written by fallible writers. I think rutog does go a little overboard sometimes, but the canon does support many of his claims. Storm did best the past-present-future of an entire dimension. She did stop it from being torn asunder and put everything back in its place. That is right up there with White Phoenix of the Crown editing a timeline.

Now, as for why doesn't Storm beat up Phoenix or Magneto or whomever else in these stories... that falls to the writers/editors, who choose to use or no use her wide range of abilities according to the story they want to tell.

Even with just her usual weather feats, Storm is ridiculously powerful. A normal thunderstorm produces anti-matter! Have we ever seen Storm use anti-matter attacks in comics? No. But it is well within her capacity to do. A hurricane has 200x the power of the entire world's electrical generation capacity(including nuclear power plants!), just considering it's rain/cloud formation! Ultimately, I think most writers and readers don't understand enough about meteorology and physics to appreciate what Storm can do with a casual thought, let alone more exotic or concentrated efforts.
    You make some great points. I think, in terms of Storm's power, people don't look at what she can do at baseline being powerful because of how she has been shown in media (TV/movies) as well as even within the comics. We can argue all day that Storm could wipe the floor with Magneto (and I do believe she can do this) but if every time they fight she ends up losing (in spite of her holding back or admissions by Magneto she could win) people are going to look at Magneto as being the bigger threat. Moreover, she typically is shown to throwing lightning and this in itself seems to showcase her being perceived as weaker than she actually is.

Additional, when we (as readers) read about characters who are able to destroy planets, warp reality, etc. a character who can manipulate the weather just doesn't seem as impressive when stacked against those feats. You would think that with the devastation you hear as it relates to weather (more recently being the hurricane in Haiti) this would not be the case.

So add all these things and it creates the perspective that she is far less stronger than she actually is.

new super-hero themed clothing based on Marvel heroines are poised to debut at the New York Comic Con: Only, there's a prominent character totally absent, IMO:

Storm.

http://www.cbr.com/her-universe-laun...avengers-more/

Boooo. Hsssss...

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    new super-hero themed clothing based on Marvel heroines are poised to debut at the New York Comic Con: Only, there's a prominent character totally absent, IMO:

Storm.

http://www.cbr.com/her-universe-laun...avengers-more/

Boooo. Hsssss...
    not surprised she was not included. mutants have been purposefully left out on a lot of things marvel related .

A nice little video

Wanda has never been a X-Man. And Mystique #2?! By the Goddess, Fox must be stopped!
    Last edited by yogaflame; 10-04-2016 at 02:31 PM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post

A nice little video
    Why is Mystique in the top two? Jean should be second and Storm first.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Wanda has never been a X-Man. And Mystique #2?! By the Goddess, Fox must be stopped!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    Why is Mystique in the top two? Jean should be second and Storm first.
    Yeah. And Hope being above Polaris, Magik, and Moonstar. But at least Storms placement was good.