• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Black Panther #7!

Storm is giving me a strong magic feel here....

Add Monica Rambuea and Blue Marvel and i think we have a damn good team.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Storm is giving me a strong magic feel here....

Add Monica Rambuea and Blue Marvel and i think we have a damn good team.
    One or the other would be sufficient -- I don't think this team needs both of them... What about Riri Williams?

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    One or the other would be sufficient -- I don't think this team needs both of them... What about Riri Williams?
    Nothing wrong with having extra power. I haven't read anything about Riri...so I'll hold my judgement till I do.

BANNED

Adding Riri would be more awesome.

BANNED

I agree. I think having either Storm, Monica, or Blue Marvel is enough. I think having more than one of these three would be a total overkill and would result in people's powers being written down because they would far outpower the threat.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I agree. I think having either Storm, Monica, or Blue Marvel is enough. I think having more than one of these three would be a total overkill and would result in people's powers being written down because they would far outpower the threat.
    That hasn't happened in the ultimates, no one was being written down.

BANNED

Right, sometimes you gotta stop and wonder what the hell some "Storm fans" are thinking. They actually do more harm then good sometimes. I've been in many debates or conversation that where counter-productive because of Storm's fanatic and their crazy.
    I have too......what I do is that I educate people on Storm's powers and make sure they are not so quickly to write her off as some weakling who can only use Lightning. However it's HARD to do so when you have another fan of her saying she can Beat Galactus and The Living Tribunal. It's a battle, but I don't debate with feelings either (as Butterflykyss said) I use facts and actually scans. NOW people do the best they can to tear it up and figure out loop holes to the context of the scans, but I always counter them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    I think some posters can come off as overzealous tbh. I know people are passionate but I kind of understand why some people don't like Storm.
    I think that's just to see if your ALL bark and NO bite. You see there are fans of Storm who LOVE this character, but know NOTHING about her OR her feats and so they say outlandish things. Now on the other hand we have people who have NO IDEA how Storm's powers work let alone her feats. And so when they see fans of spewing out wrong information people start to feel resentment towards the character. PERSONALLY to me there is NO SUCH THIN AS HATING A CHARACTER BASED ON THEIR FANBASE..........That it is NOT a legitimate excuse.

People hate Storm for the wrong reasons: Her fanbase and they KNOW she can actually beat their favorite hero and won't admit it.

You just need threats that challenge them...see JLA

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I have too......what I do is that I educate people on Storm's powers and make sure they are not so quickly to write her off as some weakling who can only use Lightning. However it's HARD to do so when you have another fan of her saying she can Beat Galactus and The Living Tribunal. It's a battle, but I don't debate with feelings either (as Butterflykyss said) I use facts and actually scans. NOW people do the best they can to tear it up and figure out loop holes to the context of the scans, but I always counter them.
    I've seen some fans says some stuff so far out there I wanted to reach throw the screen and punch them. In my head, I'm saying dude..."Your the reason some sites ban Storm conversation".

Storm is one of my favorite characters in all of comics but I fully understand her limitation. There are tons of characters Storm will not gonna win against by herself (Superman, Silver Surfer, Dark Phoenix) but on the other hand there are tons of other characters she would obliterated (Cyclops, Spider-Man, Sunfire and maybe Aquaman).
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 10-04-2016 at 09:02 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    It's important to remember these characters are written by fallible writers. I think rutog does go a little overboard sometimes, but the canon does support many of his claims. Storm did best the past-present-future of an entire dimension. She did stop it from being torn asunder and put everything back in its place. That is right up there with White Phoenix of the Crown editing a timeline.

Now, as for why doesn't Storm beat up Phoenix or Magneto or whomever else in these stories... that falls to the writers/editors, who choose to use or no use her wide range of abilities according to the story they want to tell.

Even with just her usual weather feats, Storm is ridiculously powerful. A normal thunderstorm produces anti-matter! Have we ever seen Storm use anti-matter attacks in comics? No. But it is well within her capacity to do. A hurricane has 200x the power of the entire world's electrical generation capacity(including nuclear power plants!), just considering it's rain/cloud formation! Ultimately, I think most writers and readers don't understand enough about meteorology and physics to appreciate what Storm can do with a casual thought, let alone more exotic or concentrated efforts.
    I agree with all of this. It amazes me that people think controlling the weather is NOT powerful..........look at the weather we see today people tell you the cold in certain places can rip the flesh of your bones. Wind actually tearing metal to shreds as well as lightning burning holes in the ground. Thunderstorms, Blizzards, ETC are very powerful forces of Nature you CAN'T tell me almost every hero in the Marvel Universe can counter those types of weather? -_- really? I can name 5 high tier heroes that would most definitely fall to the effects of the weather. I DON'T think Storm can beat anyone, but I DO believe she can hold her own.

BANNED

You just need threats that challenge them...see JLA
    In agree. I'd love to see Garokk wanting to take Wakanda. :0

BANNED

Actually, I was thinking about the male to female ratio (aspect) of the team -- and, if given a choice I'd go with Monica Rambuea and allow Cage to be the only primary muscle -- it's long past due writers spotlight the fact that Luke is at least class 50-75 post his second "Power Man" treatment

Besides, I'm partial to symmetry...

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    In agree. I'd love to see Garokk wanting to take Wakanda. :0
    Lord, I haven't thought about him a long time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arya View Post
    That hasn't happened in the ultimates, no one was being written down.
    I can't argue with you here because I don't read that title. I can only speak on this because of what I have seen in the X-Men books as of late.

That said, with the right writer on the job, I would love to see Storm join a team like "The Defenders" where the team fights much more powerful threats. I'd like to see a team of Storm, Hulk, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Mr. Fantastic, and Iron Fist.

BANNED

Actually, I was thinking about the male to female ratio (aspect) of the team -- and, if given a choice I'd go with Monica Rambuea and allow Cage to be the only primary muscle -- it's long past due writers spotlight the fact that Luke is at least class 50-75 post his second "Power Man" treatment

Besides, I'm partial to symmetry...
    Wait a sec, you'd take Storm out to swap in Monica especially with how badly Ororo is being handled in the X-books right now? That would result in a potential missed opportunity to get in some good Storm writing. Have a care, mister, you tread on dangerous grounds, here.