• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Did Storm just get electricuted? LOL ha!! Well looks like Storm isn't immune to electricity or lightning anymore. THANKS to writer who knows nothing about Storm.
    Good Job -_-
    this honey will b ignored. storm as per her solo is immune and that hideous clone is just that, a stormbot clone. nothing to see.

edit:
    this centurius guy is a normal human so not even sure why he was able to do wat he did unless he had some tech or something. all in all it gets a major side eye
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-06-2016 at 08:12 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    this honey will b ignored. storm as per her solo is immune and that hideous clone is just that, a stormbot clone. nothing to see.

edit:
    this centurius guy is a normal human so not even sure why he was able to do wat he did unless he had some tech or something. all in all it gets a major side eye
    I know, but other people won't see it that way.

I know, but other people won't see it that way.
    its nothing. her feats in her solo still supercede showings were she is in a team setting in the sense that characters r typically written down in the latter scenarios. as yoga already stated as well the writer has her lifting him which she didnt need to do. and he is human. it cis written all over this

besides no one on the x-side is paying attention to that so i dont think we as fans should worry about acknowledging it.

Did Storm just get electricuted? LOL ha!! Well looks like Storm isn't immune to electricity or lightning anymore. THANKS to writer who knows nothing about Storm.
    Good Job -_-
    I remember War Machine pullin' that same crap in that security team book back in the Utopia days.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

its nothing. her feats in her solo still supercede showings were she is in a team setting in the sense that characters r typically written down in the latter scenarios. as yoga already stated as well the writer has her lifting him which she didnt need to do. and he is human. it cis written all over this

besides no one on the x-side is paying attention to that so i dont think we as fans should worry about acknowledging it.
    I mean I guess.....who knows. But nothing can be done

Agreed. I was going to buy this when I saw Storm last issue. Thanks to the preview................. this **** is dropped!

Over lazy writers who don't know their characters, let alone telling a boring story with craptastic art to boot.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Good Job -_-
    Please. Storm has been hurt by lightning and electricity so many times. I thought it was common knowledge that if she is not prepared for the incoming surge it can hurt her. She's not immune per say, she's a lightning rod and channels it through her safely when ready. Heck even CC shown her doing both of these things.
    So the writer got it right if you ask me. Tho im not to found of what i seen so far.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I never said that I wanted Storm to be written at a level to beat the cosmic abstracts consistently. Storm holds back most of her power. Her character is to resist the temptation of such as you have claimed. I do want to see Storm pitted against foes so powerful where she has to use her wit to win, but sorry people like Exodus and Magneto are frankly too far beneath her to press her like this...even when she holds her powers back. My debate with Arya just over the last couple of days where Storm's powers have been carefully analyzed shows that she needs a stronger rogue's gallery.

What Storm needs is a personal rogue's gallery in the same power class as Thor's personal villains in his own solo title. She should have a mix of powerful earth bound and extradimensional villains as well as bouts with heralds and herald-level cosmic villains. This is the kind of treatment Thor gets, and Storm has the power levels to get the same. Every now and then, we can see her spike up and take on one of the abstracts themselves in battle. She should not, however, be consistently written at a power level where she can best an abstract. This is what Pak should have done with her solo title instead of that Callisto, Breakworlder, Forge, etc. weak stuff. Now, that said, in a team book, her powers should be scaled down from where they would be in a solo title just like Thor's powers are. However, Storm should consistently be portrayed as the most powerful member of the X-Men and treated as such. This Lightning Lass business is just going too far to water her down.

The problem is the cat is already out of the bag here Storm's powers are concerned. She has already demonstrated the power to take on the cosmic abstract entities when she beat the Trion and stitched that reality back together when it was coming apart at its seams. She has already done other things like de-atomize Heralds of Galactus, channeled the power of millions of stars, throw attacks backed by the full power of a star, etc. Those things are already in canon. The problem with Phoenix Force Jean Grey is she is abstract level at all times because she is possessed by an abstract being. Storm, on the other hand, locks most of her power down and chooses to restrict herself in battles to use only a fraction of what she has because of the potential damage she can do. She acknowledges that she could cause untold damage and revel in it. That's a dark path she does not want to go down, however, every now and then, we see glimpses of what she is actually holding back...and this is not even her at the height of her mutation. When she reaches the climax of her mutation, strong arguments can be made that she would become an omniversal powerhouse able to see the entire omniverse as patterns of energy and forces she can bend to her will and affect the entire omniverse. While I would never want her to be written at those power levels forever and ever, I think it would be cool if there was a Storm limited series where Oshtur gives Storm a tiara to that will temporarily boost Storm to her full potential to deal with an omniversal foe after which Storm fixes the omniverse after beating the villain. Afterwards, the tiara will disappear from her head and she reverts back to normal.
    So who would you have wanted Storm to fight in a team solo?

I agree Pak should have given her more dangerous foes. A list mutant villains, gods, sorcerers, demons, aliens, etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    No, it was not permanent, but it did far more damage than what Beta Ray Bill did. BRB could not blow Stardust's atoms apart like that, lol! From what I have researched, Stardust's body has only been destroyed twice: Storm and the annihilation wave were the only two things that have blown Stardust up. Stardust is indestructable for all intents and purposes and she was able to reconstitute herself after suffering both calamities.

Notice as well how Storm tells Surfer to stand aside or risk being struck by the full force of her powers. In other words, the attack she used against him earlier with the hydrogen atoms was nowhere near her full power. She's telling him she can do him some serious damage. From what we have seen of her high end power levels, this is no empty claim.

This also shows that when Stardust was fighting Storm and her teamates, she was not pulling her punches. Look at what Stardust said before Storm attacked her. Stardust was going for the kill in this fight. So, when Storm tanked Stardust's blast, Stardust was not pulling her punches. It makes sense, though. If Storm can channel the power of millions of stars through her body, then a writer could argue that she can tank blasts even of cosmic magnetitude. Just one more feat for Storm. Thanks, McDuffie!
    rutog98 is right. If Stardust wasn't hurt at all, he could have easily reformed back.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I think that is a very poorly rendered Piotr Rasputin.
    It's definitely Peter Rasputin.

Dax serving some classic Storm regality for Logo's coverage of New York Comic Con!

Fox is just missing out on so much visual awesomeness with Storm in their movies....
    Awesome Storm!

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Please. Storm has been hurt by lightning and electricity so many times. I thought it was common knowledge that if she is not prepared for the incoming surge it can hurt her. She's not immune per say, she's a lightning rod and channels it through her safely when ready. Heck even CC shown her doing both of these things.
    So the writer got it right if you ask me. Tho im not to found of what i seen so far.
    I think its more about writers who ignore the developments established for the characters. We have seen her absorb, channel, and deflect lightning, as well as be hurt by it when she wasn't ready for it, but then the most recent showing has her flat out state lightning can't harm her period.

Not hard for a writer to do their homework or simply use another form of energy or force in that instance.
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 10-06-2016 at 11:06 PM.

I remember War Machine pullin' that same crap in that security team book back in the Utopia days.

ur silly lol

I mean I guess.....who knows. But nothing can be done
    yea seriously sp dont sweat it. pak has established her immunity all else is just not worth mentioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Agreed. I was going to buy this when I saw Storm last issue. Thanks to the preview................. this **** is dropped!

Over lazy writers who don't know their characters, let alone telling a boring story with craptastic art to boot.
    h3ll yes the art is crap i thought it was 80s punk storm.
    who is the writer on this btw?

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    ur right about what u mentioned with claremont however those previous showings were retconned with what Pak demonstrated in her solo

h3ll yes the art is crap i thought it was 80s punk storm.
    who is the writer on this btw?
    David Walker. He is off my list of writers I was interested in for handling Storm.

I think its more about writers who ignore the developments established for the characters. We have seen her absorb, channel, and deflect lightning, as well as be hurt by it when she wasn't ready for it, but then the most recent showing has her flat out state lightning can't harm her period.

Not hard for a writer to do their homework or simply use another form of energy or force in that instance.
    u beat me to the punch but great points!

BANNED

Don't worry guys, I will upload that pic and tweet it to David Walker tomorrow.