10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

I love the music in the background.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Well, Emma and Storm did become friends afterwards, I think Emma is the one that told Storm she packs quite a punch.

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Well, Emma and Storm did become friends afterwards, I think Emma is the one that told Storm she packs quite a punch.
    It was forced. And to call them true friends would be pushing it. Storm is professional enough to work with her, fight by her. The writers in the Utopia era really had to skip their history to make it work. Can you imagine working with your rapist? Someone who blew up an ice cream shop?
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    It was forced. And to call them true friends would be pushing it. Storm is professional enough to work with her, fight by her. The writers in the Utopia era really had to skip their history to make it work. Can you imagine working with your rapist? Someone who blew up an ice cream shop?
    This. I don't like it when people try to make light of this. Storm considered Frost stealing her body a violation of the highest order, breaking a trust as old as the Earth itself. Those two should NEVER be friends, and trying to make them so is/would be ridiculous. But it's like you said, Storm's a professional. They can be civil, but trying to do anything more than that just stretches credibility imo. BUt to be honest I don't really think any writer has really pushed hard in that direction anyway. Even during the Fraction era.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    This. I don't like it when people try to make light of this. Storm considered Frost stealing her body a violation of the highest order, breaking a trust as old as the Earth itself. Those two should NEVER be friends, and trying to make them so is/would be ridiculous. But it's like you said, Storm's a professional. They can be civil, but trying to do anything more than that just stretches credibility imo. BUt to be honest I don't really think any writer has really pushed hard in that direction anyway. Even during the Fraction era.
    I think Ellis's Astonishing was the most strained. He even had Storm say she wanted to be insulted by Emma while drinking champagne because she was so bored of being a queen and having everyone never question her.

Fraction wasn't much better. I remember that sequence with Emma and Storm under him where Storm was basically coaching Emma on how to be a queen to her people, and then Emma joined the Dark Avengers at the end of the issue...

Last edited by yogaflame; 10-09-2016 at 03:50 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post

I love the music in the background.

Wow! That's so beautiful!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    Emma and Storm are friends at the final pages of X-men Worlds Apart.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

they are not friends nor should they ever be friends based on wat a lot has already been said

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    they are not friends nor should they ever be friends based on wat a lot has already been said

I hated the art in this story so much.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    I hated the art in this story so much.
    Storm still looks badass.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

Emma at this point had lost her telepathic powers, and of course did not want it to be revealed she couldn't do much telepathically without help from the cuckoos. So she insulted Storm, not because she hated her but because she was hiding a weakness.

With that said, with all the threats mutants in general have faced and all they've had to deal with together, they are definitely not enemies. I'd say they definitely go further than being civil to each other. They aren't best friends, but they are colleagues.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Emma has done a lot for the X-Men and to help others and Storm would consider that out in balance. She eventually became close to Rogue, who had drained the powers and the lifeforce of Ms. Marvel aka Carol Danvers. The X-men have given a lot of former criminals a second chance. Storm and Emma aren't best friends, but they are colleagues and when they work together they have a good working relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Emma has done a lot for the X-Men and to help others and Storm would consider that out in balance. She eventually became close to Rogue, who had drained the powers and the lifeforce of Ms. Marvel aka Carol Danvers. The X-men have given a lot of former criminals a second chance. Storm and Emma aren't best friends, but they are colleagues and when they work together they have a good working relationship.
    As bad as Rogue was, she was ultimately a misguided child. Emma was a grown, mature woman. She personally blew up an ice cream shop with her own men in it. She was instrumental in corrupting the Phoenix and making her go Dark Phoenix. She stole Storm's body, smoked cigarettes in it and let Sebastian Shaw fuck it. She tried to destroy Storm's mind.

It is insanity to expect Storm to let that all go.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    As bad as Rogue was, she was ultimately a misguided child. Emma was a grown, mature woman. She personally blew up an ice cream shop with her own men in it. She was instrumental in corrupting the Phoenix and making her go Dark Phoenix. She stole Storm's body, smoked cigarettes in it and let Sebastian Shaw fuck it. She tried to destroy Storm's mind.

It is insanity to expect Storm to let that all go.
    Storm accepted Magneto's reformation, and he had tried to kill the X-men on numerous occasions. There's no reason for her to old a grudge against Emma, who has laid down her life to help mutants in general since she joined the X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Storm accepted Magneto's reformation, and he had tried to kill the X-men on numerous occasions. There's no reason for her to old a grudge against Emma, who has laid down her life to help mutants in general since she joined the X-men.
    Magneto never raped her.