10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by Son_Of_A_Goddess View Post
    Marvel probably doesn't know themselves.... bet 10 bucks they would work it out some way that all this time the "goddess" has been Jean/Phoenix...
    Storm is Kenyan right? Or Kenyan-Egyptian?

What are the local gods in Kenya?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WHITE MAGE View Post
    The Marvel Tarot has also mentioned that Storm used her latent mystic abilities to invoke the Bright Lady. She's definitely a separate entity. Though I do wonder if Storm refers to different Goddesses at different times. I mentioned earlier that ashake called Ma'at her patroness, but she still had the favor of the Gods, plural. It would make sense for Storm to generally call upon a Goddess of justice, balance, wisdom, and order. But, Storm is also on paper acknowledging the power of Gaia. So some of her chants might be more geared towards Gaia, but her wisdom/help me solve this problem pleas would still be able to fall to Oshtur........If someone doesn't make an effin book on this woman's religion and heritage in my lifetime, I'm gonna come back as a ghost, and scratch mofos arms up
    I'll have to dig that issue up later but, did Marvel Tarot #1 ("Storm - The High Priestess") actually say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Son_Of_A_Goddess View Post
    Marvel probably doesn't know themselves.... bet 10 bucks they would work it out some way that all this time the "goddess" has been Jean/Phoenix...
    I agree ,Marvel probably doesn't know,which is why they won't touch on it.
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 11-03-2016 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Whoops

I still rather her goddess not be attached to anything know. I like the fact that it's solely connected to her blood line. And also love the fact that Ororo resembles the goddess she worships. Base of the apparition that came to her.

Storm is always calling out to the Bright Lady so I've long accepted that her goddess is Oshtur.

Y'all are gonna hate me for bringing this up, but Storm might also still have her connection to the Panther God of Wakanda as well. Yes, T'Challa annulled their marriage, but there has been no on panel 100% confirmation that the Panther God/Bast has deserted her. She passed Bast's test and won her favor when she traveled with T'Challa to the Spirit World and while they had a rocky relationship World's Apart showed that Bast respected Storm. Its something that a future writer could bring up down the line.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post

Her mother is Kenyan and father is African American.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Y'all are gonna hate me for bringing this up, but Storm might also still have her connection to the Panther God of Wakanda as well. Yes, T'Challa annulled their marriage, but there has been no on panel 100% confirmation that the Panther God/Bast has deserted her. She passed Bast's test and won her favor when she traveled with T'Challa to the Spirit World and while they had a rocky relationship World's Apart showed that Bast respected Storm. Its something that a future writer could bring up down the line.
    That's why I believe they're still married and just separated. Bast gave no one permission to divorce.
    "Foolish Mortals"

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I would have to disagree on this because Storm fully knows she is NO Goddess she had that reality check long time ago. However, it's pretty unclear who she is calling for help when she calls "Goddess" now we can assume it's Oshtur aka Ma'at aka The Bright Lady to be the one she is calling for. But!! On the same token Oshtur and no other deity has actually made contact with Storm so we have to wonder who and why she keeps calling Goddess. Storm can't be talking about herself.
    How do we treat others?

There are no others.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

I would have to disagree on this because Storm fully knows she is NO Goddess she had that reality check long time ago. However, it's pretty unclear who she is calling for help when she calls "Goddess" now we can assume it's Oshtur aka Ma'at aka The Bright Lady to be the one she is calling for. But!! On the same token Oshtur and no other deity has actually made contact with Storm so we have to wonder who and why she keeps calling Goddess. Storm can't be talking about herself. Now the weird thing is Storm IS in fact worshiping a God or Goddess because there is in fact a Diety watching over Storm. Why I think this because when Storm calls for Help there IS a God or Goddess jumping to her aid the problem is..........we don't know what Diety it is.

Our best guesses are: Oshtur or Gaea
    I think it's just an expression.

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post

Filipina-American. Hahaha. Just joking.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    How do we treat others?

There are no others.
    No idea what your talking about

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I'm not the only RoLo fan here and you know that.
    That's got absolutely nothing to do with you stating that Storm worships a white man.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    That's got absolutely nothing to do with you stating that Storm worships a white man.
    Wolverine is Canadian, not an American.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Wolverine is Canadian, not an American.
    He said white.Not American.

No idea what your talking about
    That's a Ramana Maharshi quote.

I'm talking about the veils of illusion which keep us divided.

Instead of thinking of gods and deities as forces removed from us, try to think of them as forces within us. All of us.

Ororo Munroe is but an expression of you. You are but an expression of Ororo. Ororo is but an expression of the Goddess. The Goddess is but an expression of Ororo.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!