• the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Guys simple question...
    Can storm take on Thanos?

Conditions
    -20 km 2 area inhabited... Just an abandoned city in the middle of it
    -Thanos has no infinity gauntlet but he isn't playing around so it'd be a one hit kill if manages to score a hit (glass canon)
    -Thanos isn't expecting storm and he's coming alone with no preparation or power boosts
    -Storm is expecting Thanos and she has 3 days to prepare
    -Storm can call any amount of reinforcement from earth she wants except Thor and hulk ... She can call any X men, panther, black bolt, blue marvel, etc, they can provide storm any resources she wants
    -It's pre SW and any past feat storm had is valid...
    -Storm can win by : Killing Thanos, sending him to another dimension, knock out, battlefield removal to a place were he can't threaten the earth anymore

Does storm got this?

Storm doesn;'t need reinforcement. Storm can beat Thanos alone.

BANNED

Guys simple question...

Conditions
    -Thanos has no infinity gauntlet but he isn't playing around so it'd be a one hit kill if manages to score a hit (glass canon)
    -Thanos isn't expecting storm and he's coming alone with no preparation or power boosts
    -Storm can call any amount of reinforcement from earth she wants except Thor and hulk ... She can call any X men, panther, black bolt, blue marvel, etc, they can provide storm any resources she wants
    -Storm can win by : Killing Thanos, sending him to another dimension, knock out, battlefield removal to a place were he can't threaten the earth anymore

Does storm got this?
    Storm doesn't need any help or prep to take down Thanos (assuming he doesn't have the IG or something like that). She can take control of the electrical impulses in his brain and shut him down. Where is the scan of Panther and friends using such a gadget to scramble to electrical impulses in Thanos's mind to shut him down? Storm can accomplish with her powers the same thing their tech did to Thanos. Just ask Sinister about that when he ticked Storm off not too long ago.
    Last edited by rutog98; 11-22-2016 at 08:30 AM.

BANNED

somacula:
    Does storm got this?
    She can call few teams capable of beating Thanos. She can sleep during fight and still win...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Miss America Chavez isn't a nobody and I'm glad they're giving her a chance to shine. Storm can and should have another solo series whenever, but please don't disparage someone else's favorite to prop Storm up.

At least they're still describing Storm as a "key player" in the Marvel Universe.
    The point I'm making is Miss America Chavez is not a true A-lister. I seriously doubt her title will last long no matter how well it may or may not be written. Its just sad that they would give her a title before making an earnest effort to give Storm a title with good marketing and a great set of friends and foes. It just doen't make any sense to me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    The point I'm making is Miss America Chavez is not a true A-lister. I seriously doubt her title will last long no matter how well it may or may not be written. Its just sad that they would give her a title before making an earnest effort to give Storm a title with good marketing and a great set of friends and foes. It just doen't make any sense to me.
    The complex is always the answer my friend

BANNED

Guys simple question...

Conditions

Does storm got this?
    Storm's ONLY best bet is to Brain Fry him..aparently that move works on Thanos so if Storm did that she automatically wins. Now Thanos trumps Storm in EVERY field there is however, Storm CAN use Kinetic Energy to BFR him, she did it to Rogue. Yes, a punch to Storm would kill her instantly, but the problem is....it's VERY HARD to reach her you know why? It's because of her damn Kinetic Energy is what stopping people. Her winds are VERY strong they have pushed Terminus a Villian the Avengers sturggled to beat, She pushed back the Hulk, guided the Black Bird, lifted a massive Plane, Picked up a building, condensed a small scaled Nuke with winds higher than Jupiter etc. Storm doesn't need back up as long as she does that Internal attack and keep distance from Thanos(I can't believe i'm saying this, but)......Yes she actually can win.
    Now if Storm is messing around and not paying attention and holding back and doesn't have her head in the Game..Thanos WILL KILL STORM in less than a few seconds.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 11-20-2016 at 01:26 AM.

Niffleheim

They powered Thanos down to make the story work for the Ultimates (lol!) to defeat him. Something that worked on Sinister shouldn't really work on a Titan that can manipulate energy. PIS at its finest.

Guys simple question...

Conditions

Does storm got this?
    The stuff in bold give her the win. Hell, any leader with half a brain could win this....if we're talking about non-Stern's Thanos. Storm grabs any high level teleporter and sends his ass to the other side of the universe or dimension (see, Magik, Doctor Strange, Lila Cheney...and others)

Now if Storm wants to make this into a fight, then she needs a good team of power and skill to help her.

Storm
    Sersi
    Monica Rambeau
    Rachel Summer
    Hercules
    Red Hulk
    Blue Marvel
    Doctor Strange
    ......and if allowed give Storm her hammer "Stormcaster"
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Guys simple question...

Conditions

Does storm got this?
    With the conditions you provided anyone could win. To amuse myself I replace Storm with Aunt May, and even her odds are looking good.
    Aunt May for the knock out.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    It makes perfect sense got her to have a title. Storm just had one not too long ago and although the marketing was bad unfortunately, I can't see Marvel giving her one anytime soon. I do wish Marvel cared more for the Storm solo at the time.

BANNED

Thanks guys, I was discussing with certain inhumans fans wether it was necessary to drop a terrigen bomb to stop Thanos instead of calling other heroes from earth for help and you proved my point... That stupid terrigen cloud was unnecessary and black bolt could've called for help instead of putting mutants on death row

So thanks, and believe it or not I can also see storm taking on Thanos but she has to go out all against him and any hit Thanos might get on Storm will always be a one hit kill

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    With the conditions you provided anyone could win. To amuse myself I replace Storm with Aunt May, and even her odds are looking good.
    Aunt May for the knock out.
    Now slow down son....Aunt May might be to much here...lol.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    somacula:

She can call few teams capable of beating Thanos. She can sleep during fight and still win...
    OMG! I love your answer.

I will be using your comment when applicable.

BANNED

Storm has Dr doom on speed dial, right? He'd taken care of Thanos for her and then invite her to dinner in Doom's Castle... Yeah I think storm should be the one protecting the earth after the terrigen nonsense is over

Niffleheim

Doom was only able to defeat Thanos in Secret Wars by Doctor Strange and him killing and taking away The Beyonders' powers.
    Last edited by Tofali; 11-20-2016 at 11:09 AM.