10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    The love of her life who spent more than decade not interacting with despite all the abilities and technology at their disposal... ok.
    Blame the writers. Not to mention for a long time, Black Panther didn't show up ANYWHERE because he was in limbo, aside from the occasional guest appearance when Klaw would surface in another superhero's book and they called Black Panther in for help or something. It's not like Black Panther had hundreds of issues of his own solo comic book in the 80's and early 1990s and never visited Storm or vice-versa.

Since Black Panther hasn't been in limbo since 1998, he and Storm interact more now.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 01-27-2017 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Now i agree with you here.. I didn't like how BP ended things. that was f*cked up but he's human. so if he works hard to get her forgiveness and she accepts I don't see a problem with that. but all in all, they do have a deep love for each other that goes back to their childhood and when it mattered most when the world was ending he chose to spend his last few moments with her (and she him, not Logan not forge)
    I think Storm and Black Panther were written out of character in AvX, especially since there were no real overwhelming problems in their marriage prior to that event, and then once that event hit, WHAM, Marvel writers introduced drama between the two out of NOWHERE, just to have an excuse to break them up. They went from being on solid ground in the Black Panther book to suddenly needing to see a marriage counselor in the AvX books. It made no sense.

Ultimate Member

this poster said their entire history had to be re-written to make it work which is not true. also, their day to day activities didn't allow for them to interact on a regular basis. it doesn't negate they had history. also, BP and Storm had more interaction under Priest run, I only posted that to demonstrate the do have history that goes back on their childhood.

therefore, the implication that there were decades without interaction is still a false narrative as this was shortly followed up by her interactions that led up to the wedding
    Before being rewritten their past left them as agreeing to just be friends and then Storm hadn't really thought about him in like a decade, then he suddenly shows up and a few months later they're married with much of their past together having been rewritten so that Hudlin could get BP together with the highest profile black lady that Marvel has, never said that they hadn't had a history, only that the it had been rewritten and some parts had been changed in the newer version. Still say that Forge is her true love, he's the one that she keeps coming back to, for the most part BP might as well be in another comic company altogether...

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Now i agree with you here.. I didn't like how BP ended things. that was f*cked up but he's human. so if he works hard to get her forgiveness and she accepts I don't see a problem with that. but all in all, they do have a deep love for each other that goes back to their childhood and when it mattered most when the world was ending he chose to spend his last few moments with her (and she him, not Logan not forge)
    Yeah, the less said about how things ended the better. Most of that marriage was a trainwreck thanks to the writers, though I'm sure there were well-written issues in there, too. Mostly she just had a very muted voice as a supporting character in his solo, though, nothing like the Ororo we know and love.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Before being rewritten their past left them as agreeing to just be friends and then Storm hadn't really thought about him in like a decade, then he suddenly shows up and a few months later they're married with much of their past together having been rewritten so that Hudlin could get BP together with the highest profile black lady that Marvel has, never said that they hadn't had a history, only that the it had been rewritten and some parts had been changed in the newer version. Still say that Forge is her true love, he's the one that she keeps coming back to, for the most part BP might as well be in another comic company altogether...
    Well heck, man, if we're just throwing out random true loves / loves of her life (Logan, BP, Forge), then I want to add a few eligible souls to the fray...

All more interesting potential pairings to me for Storm than Logan, BP, and Forge.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I think Storm and Black Panther were written out of character in AvX, especially since there were no real overwhelming problems in their marriage prior to that event, and then once that event hit, WHAM, Marvel writers introduced drama between the two out of NOWHERE, just to have an excuse to break them up. They went from being on solid ground in the Black Panther book to suddenly needing to see a marriage counselor in the AvX books. It made no sense.
    AxX was poorly written i completely agree.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I have met people who have married someone in far less time and with far less history than Tchalla and Ororo. It's not unbelievable especially when from canon prior to the marriage it had been acknowledged that they had a strong affection for each other. so again, what exactly was rewritten about how they met or the affection they had for each? you mention they said they would only be friends, people aren't allowed to change their minds? Storm said she would never kill anyone and look at the list of people she has killed since stating that.

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Yeah, the less said about how things ended the better. Most of that marriage was a trainwreck thanks to the writers, though I'm sure there were well-written issues in there, too. Mostly she just had a very muted voice as a supporting character in his solo, though, nothing like the Ororo we know and love.
    Hudlin did not do a good job as far as characterization of storm character but to his credit he did explore her family (maternal side I believe) still in Africa. She wasn't aware they were still alive. And poor writing of her character still does not discredit the truth that they both have always had a deep love for each other and still do. the last day before the Marvel 616 universe was expected to be destroyed they both decided to spend their last few moment with each other:

Well heck, man, if we're just throwing out random true loves / loves of her life (Logan, BP, Forge), then I want to add a few eligible souls to the fray...

All more interesting potential pairings to me for Storm than Logan, BP, and Forge.
    Gambit's doesn't count, his heart belongs to Rogue.
    Yukio doesn't count because a DL relationship ain't a real one.
    Dracula doesn't count she was hypnotized during that whole ordeal and was influenced to love him unwillingly :P
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 01-27-2017 at 11:00 PM.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Dracula doesn't count she was hypnotized during that whole ordeal and was influenced to love him unwillingly :P
    I don't know what DL means (downlow?), but other than that, I'll quote back to you something you just said:

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss
    you mention they said they would only be friends, people aren't allowed to change their minds?
    Just 'cos they haven't had real romantic relationships in the past, doesn't mean a well-written story featuring any of those pairings couldn't happen in the future. Maybe she just hasn't fully explored life with her true soulmate yet. Maybe she hasn't even MET the "love of her life" yet. Who says we have to keep falling back on the same tired old flames she's had in the past?
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Dracula
    doesn't count she was hypnotized during that whole ordeal and was influenced to love him unwillingly :P
    Omg Son, ain't that truth.

Love Dracula and Ororo pairing. Even though like someone said it mostly under the influence of his hypnosis.

I'm a fan of the Yukio relationship also, even though i believe Ororo to be heterosexual. I just like opposing it cause of how deep in the koolaid some folks our about it

Gambit and Logan are off limits we don't need another Emma frost situation.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Omg Son, ain't that truth.
    lol yup

I don't know what DL means (downlow?), but other than that, I'll quote back to you something you just said:

Just 'cos they haven't had real romantic relationships in the past, doesn't mean a well-written story featuring any of those pairings couldn't happen in the future. Maybe she just hasn't fully explored life with her true soulmate yet. Maybe she hasn't even MET the "love of her life" yet. Who says we have to keep falling back on the same tired old flames she's had in the past?
    yes dl means down low.

and I'm not arguing ur point there are many hypothetical flames that could have been. but canon demonstrates that they are each other true loves. again look to the scan I posted from new avengers issue 19 I believe. their last day together before the universe exploded they chose to be with each other. I'm not those things couldn't happen but per canon it hasn't; my claim on the contrary has

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Blame the writers. Not to mention for a long time, Black Panther didn't show up ANYWHERE because he was in limbo, aside from the occasional guest appearance when Klaw would surface in another superhero's book and they called Black Panther in for help or something. It's not like Black Panther had hundreds of issues of his own solo comic book in the 80's and early 1990s and never visited Storm or vice-versa.

Since Black Panther hasn't been in limbo since 1998, he and Storm interact more now.
    I do blame the writers for Black Panther being absent throughout most of the 90s just like I blame them for trying to make it like he was Storm's true love. The X-Men and Avengers have crossed paths more than a few times during the 90s and T'Challa was nowhere to be found. Even during the Extreme X-Men days when Storm was on the verge of dying, the Avengers and Fantastic Four arrived to help out on the scene... again though, no T'Challa. If Claremont, the man who wrote that backstory with Storm and Black Panther, felt no reason to include him in a story where she's on her death bed then why should I believe he's her one true love? No Forge either. If we're going by human/mutants, I'd say Jean and Logan are Storm's closest companions. Her true love however is and will always be her garden of plants... IMO.

BANNED

Lol I see your point. Claremont never saw fit to have Storm track down her Paternal side of the family. We should disregard them.

Ultimate Member

There's nothing random about Forge and Storm, after Jamie "died" over in X-Factor Storm and Xavier went to see them, we're not sure how far Storm and Forge went, a several panel long kiss that faded to black so who knows...as for that Avengers issue, remember that was more that writers opinion and wasn't even an X-book so it was more maybe BP's true love but not by default Storm's...love him or hate him Forge still stands as the one guy for her, not saying that she couldn't or wouldn't be happy with anybody else but for most of the 90's BP wasn't anywhere near Storm, then suddenly he shows up out of the blue and she decides that she's madly in love with him again, again out of the blue, and then the marriage is a rushed and forced thing that never did right by Storm, she was his woman from the start. It's obvious the writers didn't like the marriage, otherwise they would have written a better way to end it, as such they rushed it to get it over with and out of the way...

BANNED

What do you guys think would happen if Storm and Dr. Doom fell in love? They did show some interest in each other during the "Roguestorm" story arc. Obviously, I would not want this pairing to last forever, but I think it has some great story potential. Doom would appeal to Storm's darker nature while at the same time Storm would be torn between her feelings for him and her desire to be to herself as a heroine. Doom, being the master strategist that he is, would likely be trying to woo Storm over to completely embracing her inner darkness. He's too smart to start out completely evil, so he'd likely hatch plans that would be right on the border of what she would and would not tolerate playing up on her feelings for him. As he gets her to accept some of his plays, he could gradually go darker and darker in his schemes in an attempt to slowly sway her over to his side completely. He would be trying to use subtlety to convice her over time that his way is what would be in the best interest of the world/universe.

Just how far into the dark would he be able to get Storm to go before she finally comes back to her senses and turns on him? Heck, he could even get her to help him in his endeavors overtime before she comes to her senses. Something like this could have been the larger, overarching arc for year 2 of her solo book had Marvel given her more electrifying stories the first year of her title and marketed the book better. When she turns on Doom, you know he'd be ready for that eventuality in case he failed in his attempt to "convert" her and he'd would have a plan at the ready to deal with her. Of course, she would be studying him too and it would end in a massive battle royal!
    Last edited by rutog98; 01-28-2017 at 01:02 PM.

Ultimate Member

Bah...Doom needs no one...jk...