7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    No. They are good friends only.
    Were good friends... Where is 'ol Remy now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    I would love a Storm and Gambit pairing. It would be totally hot.
    I KNOW right??? He is sexy Storm is sexy YES!!! DO IT MARVEL

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    It as the best Storm vs. Magneto fight I have ever read.
    I need to track down these novels. I could use a good Storm read.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Me Too. If you get them please send them to me or let me know. I need to read this.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    It's pretty good. I just found my old copy. Basically Magneto(with his Acolytes and others helping him) has taken over Manhattan and taken control over a fleet of Sentinels to keep the humans at bay. Over 1000 mutants have gathered in Time Square, where Magneto has the neutralized(with power dampeners) X-Men (Storm, Beast, and Bishop; Wolvie and Iceman are MIA) on a stage, as he addresses his huddled masses. Bishop, still new to the team, had been underestimated, and was able to feed off his power dampener enough to free himself and STORM!

Storm had been wrapped up in metal in their previous fight, sending her into one of her classic claustrophobia panics, so when Bishop frees her, she is super pissed at Magneto, personally. She unleashes a storm in Time Square, pushing back all 1000 mutants. Only Magneto himself is able to challenge her. She breaks his forcefield with lightning, has him fearing for his life. He redoubles his forcefield and begins his counter-offensive. Storm finally realizes she can neutralize his magnetic radiation with snow, and has him stalemated. The chapter ends with him calling in the Sentinels to save his ass!

This all happens in the later part of Sanctuary, the second book of the Mutant Empire trilogy. This series is probably the best novelization of the X-Men, at least of those I have read. Very classic.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 02-01-2017 at 11:19 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    It's pretty good. I just found my old copy. Basically Magneto(with his Acolytes and others helping him) has taken over Manhattan and taken control over a fleet of Sentinels to keep the humans at bay. Over 1000 mutants have gathered in Time Square, where Magneto has the neutralized(with power dampeners) X-Men (Storm, Beast, and Bishop; Wolvie and Iceman are MIA) on a stage, as he addresses his huddled masses. Bishop, still new to the team, had been underestimated, and was able to feed off his power dampener enough to free himself and STORM!

Storm had been wrapped up in metal in their previous fight, sending her into one of her classic claustrophobia panics, so when Bishop frees her, she is super pissed at Magneto, personally. She unleashes a storm in Time Square, pushing back all 1000 mutants. Only Magneto himself is able to challenge her. She breaks his forcefield with lightning, has him fearing for his life. He redoubles his forcefield and begins his counter-offensive. Storm finally realizes she can neutralize his magnetic radiation with snow, and has him stalemated. The chapter ends with him calling in the Sentinels to save his ass!

This all happens in the later part of Sanctuary, the second book of the Mutant Empire trilogy. This series is probably the best novelization of the X-Men, at least of those I have read. Very classic.

is this considered canon?

No, it was a novel....not part of the 616.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    No, it was a novel....not part of the 616.
    thnks love.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    thnks love.
    Welcome...
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I really hope Coates' The Crew really gives us a well written Ororo. I haven't been to impressed with what the X-verse writers have given us for some time now and I really want better for Storm. I'm glad to see her and T'Challa working together again. While Coates struggles with actions scenes, I do think he did well in capturing her "voice" even if it was only for two issues. I also like the idea of this team taking on social justice issues, especially with all of the more social and moral dilemmas we find ourselves in today. Storm has always been the voice of the "other" and I hope Coates can capture that while writing this series.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I really hope Coates' The Crew really gives us a well written Ororo. I haven't been to impressed with what the X-verse writers have given us for some time now and I really want better for Storm. I'm glad to see her and T'Challa working together again. While Coates struggles with actions scenes, I do think he did well in capturing her "voice" even if it was only for two issues. I also like the idea of this team taking on social justice issues, especially with all of the more social and moral dilemmas we find ourselves in today. Storm has always been the voice of the "other" and I hope Coates can capture that while writing this series.

the xwriters as of late, save oak and willow, have done a real disservice to storm. her tenure as leader of Xmen had her sending mutants to limbo, not addressing the tmist cloud even when mutants were dying, and second guessing herself (as well as her colleagues) incessantly. And I really don't think this will change under the gold book especially since she is being "demoted." That said, I'm not extremely comfortable that Coates will do better. I am hopeful buy I wasn't pleased at all with his crew characterization of her to be encouraged. time will tell with the non xwriters.

love these

BANNED

awesomeness! :-)

Nice. Love what going on in the second image

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Nice. Love what going on in the second image
    Storm looks so powerful and strong in Pryde of the X-men.