• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    http://www.cbr.com/the-16-most-underrated-x-leaders/

Agreed on this list. Marvel has really undermined Storm's development as a leader in favor of Cyclops and Wolverine, which has been a core point of contention for X-fans. Glad to see we (Storm and unfairly biased X-fans) aren't the only ones who see it
    I'm disappointed she isn't remaining leader for Gold, at least she's still on the team. Wish they'd tried to give her a solo again as part of Resurrxion.

Quote Originally Posted by Elden View Post
    I'm disappointed she isn't remaining leader for Gold, at least she's still on the team. Wish they'd tried to give her a solo again as part of Resurrxion.
    Agreed on this. I wouldn't mind Pak writing it again but the stories need to blow us away.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Agreed on this list. Marvel has really undermined Storm's development as a leader in favor of Cyclops and Wolverine, which has been a core point of contention for X-fans. Glad to see we (Storm and unfairly biased X-fans) aren't the only ones who see it
    thanks for the post Rider. As I mentioned in the BP thread, the X-office rally dropped the ball with her imo after her marriage was dissolved and she returned to X-haven. In spite of what people thought of the marriage, we saw her devolve from Queen to a broken woman who was so dependent on her relationship to Wolverine she could barely function after his death. She would further devolve to where we are now where, as a leader, she is shown as indecisive and walking the thin line of being incompetent. I was rooting for Storm during this T-mist storyline, but how she has been written a lot is indefensible. I couldn't imagine a Claremontian Storm allowing this cloud to circumvent the world while innocent mutants were dying for 8 months just to maintain peace. Add insult to injury, she is shown two weeks before critical point still unwilling to do what is necessary until she sees a little girl die (as if other mutant children had not been exposed to this type of torture prior to this moment). I say all of that to say as sad as I am she is not leading I think it might do her character some good as she will be utilize by the Marvel-office in Coates book the Crew. I am hopeful it will give her a wider presence in the MUSLIM as well as return her to her former glory. time will tell.

I have said this before and will keep saying it: MARVEL LIMITED PAK AND KETCHUM. They totally made them restrict what they could and couldn't do. I know Pak had much bigger plans in mind but I truly believe they wanted the book to fail to try and prove a point that the X-men were fading out.

Quote Originally Posted by PattiLaBelleStormfan View Post
    I have said this before and will keep saying it: MARVEL LIMITED PAK AND KETCHUM. They totally made them restrict what they could and couldn't do. I know Pak had much bigger plans in mind but I truly believe they wanted the book to fail to try and prove a point that the X-men were fading out.
    I can believe that. I find it amazing how Storm wasn't picked back up and tried again when Captain Marvel continues to do poorly but is rebooted time and time again.

Because they want to replace Storm as HBIC at Marvel. What they fail to realize is no one relates Captain Marvel like they do Storm. The more things change the more they stay the same. People chose the X-Men above all others at Marvel for a reason. Same with Storm. The people picked her as Top woman at Marvel.

IDA. When people think X-men leader, Storm's name is always in the conversation. Even if Marvel has pushed those two men in recent years, Storm's place in X-history is solidified adn even among non-fans she is well known as X-men leader. She shouldnt be #1 or even on this list

I think it's less racism and more reader audience. The average comic reader just isn't interested in reading about a female lead if she doesn't have breast the size of flotation devices and the IQ just above that of a rock. Now I haven't looked up the numbers but have any female led comic books run by marvel even come close to their male counterparts? At the end of the day Marvel is a business and businesses have to make money and we Storm fans just aren't a big enough audience for Marvel to keep on putting out Storm books. And again touching on the reader base/racism I think generally most male readers would rather pick up a blue eyed blond haired Cpt. Marvel than a black Storm. It sucks but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

But looking at it from a broader PoV I do imagine Storm being black helps seal the deal on a lot of promo stuff 2 minority birds with one stone. Not to mention Storm is extremely striking to look at whether she's tossing lightning around or not.

Just my 2cents .

I rather have a new writer take on Storm Solo. Pak had his chance it fuzz and fell flat.
    It IS truly annoying to see MsCaptinMarvel get solo after solo that includes shehulk.
    If not another solo i want an Elecktra&Storm Book. If marvel is serious about providing us Diveristy in Minority Female leads

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I rather have a new writer take on Storm Solo. Pak had his chance it fuzz and fell flat.
    It IS truly annoying to see MsCaptinMarvel get solo after solo that includes shehulk.
    If not another solo i want an Elecktra&Storm Book. If marvel is serious about providing us Diveristy in Minority Female leads
    Ironically enough Marvel loves pushing diversity except when it comes to the XMEN, their most naturally diverse team.

IDA. When people think X-men leader, Storm's name is always in the conversation. Even if Marvel has pushed those two men in recent years, Storm's place in X-history is solidified adn even among non-fans she is well known as X-men leader. She shouldnt be #1 or even on this list
    Agreed, I thought she'd be left off with Xavier and Scott. Was her stint on EXM so bad it got her downgraded? :/

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Ironically enough Marvel loves pushing diversity except when it comes to the XMEN, their most naturally diverse team.

Agreed, I thought she'd be left off with Xavier and Scott. Was her stint on EXM so bad it got her downgraded? :/
    Ive only read EXM up through Apocalypse Wars and now the IvX stuff but I didnt think she is bad there. If anything, Id say she's one of the most unfairly hated on bc I dont think she's as bad as some make her out to be. The comments Ive read about Storm in the last year have shocked me and its undeserved

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post

I agree with your initial post about marvel push for diversity. to your last point storm has been written like she's a novice when it comes to leadership well before EXM. we saw it as early during schism when she was pushed back to promote Cyclops and wolverine as the forefront leaders of the xmen and got worse after wolverines death .

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Ive only read EXM up through Apocalypse Wars and now the IvX stuff but I didnt think she is bad there. If anything, Id say she's one of the most unfairly hated on bc I dont think she's as bad as some make her out to be. The comments Ive read about Storm in the last year have shocked me and its undeserved

you do realize you are making the point of why she is highly under-rated. storm gets a lot of flack just for being her and this plays into the idea she is under-rated

BANNED

^^ Good points!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    you do realize you are making the point of why she is highly under-rated. storm gets a lot of flack just for being her and this plays into the idea she is under-rated
    No Im not bc I dont think she is underrated as a leader. My comments were based on observations people have made about her as a character following the 8 month gap, material that article didnt even touch up on. They framed it as she is underrated as a leader period in the grand scope of the X-universe since it was created in the 60s. I dont think there is anyone that would deny her presence in teh top 3, at least anyone that isnt being biased or without an agenda

BANNED

The Inhumans: A Marvel Graphic Novel (1988)

Now, why didn't Ororo just do that to the Terrigen Mist?