7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

BLACK PANTHER AND THE CREW #2

TA-NEHISI COATES & YONA HARVEY (W) • BUTCH GUICE (A)
    Cover by JOHN CASSADAY
    Variant Cover by MIKE DEL MUNDO
    STORM COMES TO HARLEM! Misty Knight continues investigating how and why Ezra Keith, a Harlem community pillar and civil rights activist, died in police custody, now with the help of one of Ezra’s former protégés, STORM of the X-Men. The two women soon discover that the neighborhood is under siege by a threat much bigger than they’d imagined… Luckily, help arrives in the form of a friend from Storm’s past.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    UGH I hate this.......half of me feels this is kinda racist and the other half i'm excited.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Cover by JOHN CASSADAY
    STORM COMES TO HARLEM! Misty Knight continues investigating how and why Ezra Keith, a Harlem community pillar and civil rights activist, died in police custody, now with the help of one of Ezra’s former protégés, STORM of the X-Men. The two women soon discover that the neighborhood is under siege by a threat much bigger than they’d imagined… Luckily, help arrives in the form of a friend from Storm’s past.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    very excited for this series, it already seems like the writer is going to explore history and ties storm has with characters outside the xmen which is great. also her going back to harlem is even better seeing she was raised there as a young child. very excited.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    UGH I hate this.......half of me feels this is kinda racist and the other half i'm excited.
    why do you think it's racist?

BANNED

Storm will also guest-star in the America series. At least an older-school version of her since America time travels.

BANNED

Cover by JOHN CASSADAY
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Yes. I'm here for it, yes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    Storm will also guest-star in the America series. At least an older-school version of her since America time travels.
    What book are you talking about?

Definitely waiting on the America Series. Storm is going to be Alt timeline versions of herself, color me interested.

Cover by JOHN CASSADAY
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    So got to pick up the first issue for setup and issue two for intro of Storm,awesome . Seems like this story is pacing itself.
    Someone from Storm's past and former mentor sounds like cool backstory and a independent personal relationships, outside the XBooks.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    very excited for this series, it already seems like the writer is going to explore history and ties storm has with characters outside the xmen which is great. also her going back to harlem is even better seeing she was raised there as a young child. very excited.

I know right. About time she grace the streets of Harlem again.
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 02-21-2017 at 12:51 PM.

I am skeptical as f$&@. Remember Jerome Dickey's "development" work? I haven't seen anything from Coates that makes me trust him with Storm. And I am over the "blackfication" style writing from Hidlon as well. I always try to give the benefit of the doubt but....
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I am skeptical as f$&@. Remember Jerome Dickey's "development" work? I haven't seen anything from Coates that makes me trust him with Storm. And I am over the "blackfication" style writing from Hidlon as well. I always try to give the benefit of the doubt but....

I guess try not looking at it as Blacfication.
    Just enjoy the story to be told.
    And Hudlin and Coats are so far from each other in style. I think your just suffering from PTSD when come to Storm in a BP book.

BANNED

Cover by JOHN CASSADAY
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Omg. Im so excited who this friend of Storm will show up? any guesses? prolly from ororo: before the storm?

Probably someone new and unheard of.

BANNED

We have an ALL Black Team...going to Harlem. Birthplace of most of Black History AND to top it off this book is to replicate Black Lives Matter. And dealing with Street Life IN Harlem with nothing, but Black People. I don't know about you guys, but that's kinda offensive. Is Marvel trying to say to say ALL Black Heroes have ties to Harlem? EVERY black person is from Harlem???
    That's my opinion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Definitely waiting on the America Series. Storm is going to be Alt timeline versions of herself, color me interested.
    You guys they never said it was a time displaced Storm. WE don't know yet, unless we have the writer actually saying it was a Alternate Storm..........

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I do agree at this point we have no evidence that would suggest Coates would do right by storm, but from the little I have read of his current BP and even her short appearance when the new crew was first introduced in didn't get the sense he was writing her as the "down" sister we got when she was featured in BP books back on day. I also don't forsee Coates rewriting storm history to prop up BP based on what we saw so far, so at this point I am willing to give him a chance. however if he does do anyone of the things you mentioned I would be just as turned off with it.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    We have an ALL Black Team...going to Harlem. Birthplace of most of Black History AND to top it off this book is to replicate Black Lives Matter. And dealing with Street Life IN Harlem with nothing, but Black People. I don't know about you guys, but that's kinda offensive. Is Marvel trying to say to say ALL Black Heroes have ties to Harlem? EVERY black person is from Harlem???
    That's my opinion.
    here's are some things we should remember when going into this:
    1) xmen is predominately if not all white team and you never hear people complain about it being as such.
    2.) the xmen after ivx will be taking up residence in central park; Harlem is not too far from this area relatively speaking
    3.) the idea while the xmen are in central park storm would want to see Harlem shouldn't be surprising as this is where she grew up as a young child. I think as a fan I would find it in poor taste if no one mentioned she had an interest in seeing Harlem.
    4.) Harlem is a melting pot currently of black and brown people so if it shows Harlem as predominately black I don't have a problem with this. we rarely if ever get titles where black characters are even shown frankly so I think to cry racism does a disservice to those who would like to see more diversity in comics that showcase predominately white characters. look at the line up for the new xmen books, I think storm at be the only minority for both blue and good teams yet you don't hear people say xmen blue us racist for having all white characters. I mean Gunnenheim even acknowledge his team wasn't diverse.

BANNED

here's are some things we should remember when going into this:
    1) xmen is predominately if not all white team and you never hear people complain about it being as such.
    2.) the xmen after ivx will be taking up residence in central park; Harlem is not too far from this area relatively speaking
    3.) the idea while the xmen are in central park storm would want to see Harlem shouldn't be surprising as this is where she grew up as a young child. I think as a fan I would find it in poor taste if no one mentioned she had an interest in seeing Harlem.
    4.) Harlem is a melting pot currently of black and brown people so if it shows Harlem as predominately black I don't have a problem with this. we rarely if ever get titles where black characters are even shown frankly so I think to cry racism does a disservice to those who would like to see more diversity in comics that showcase predominately white characters. look at the line up for the new xmen books, I think storm at be the only minority for both blue and good teams yet you don't hear people say xmen blue us racist for having all white characters. I mean Gunnenheim even acknowledge his team wasn't diverse.
    I see what your saying, but it kinda is because this WHOLE book was created for Black Lives Matter when this SHOULD have happened a LONG time ago. Only NOW they wan to create an ALL black team??? LOL NO. I know Storm grew up in Harlem NY yeah your right she would like to go back to her roots, but really there are far OTHER places that needs their attnetion: Oakland, Alabama, New Orleans, Kenya, Nigeria etc. I'm excited yes, but at the same time I don't like the fact they are making it out that ALL black people are from Harlem.