• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I see what your saying, but it kinda is because this WHOLE book was created for Black Lives Matter when this SHOULD have happened a LONG time ago. Only NOW they wan to create an ALL black team??? LOL NO. I know Storm grew up in Harlem NY yeah your right she would like to go back to her roots, but really there are far OTHER places that needs their attnetion: Oakland, Alabama, New Orleans, Kenya, Nigeria etc. I'm excited yes, but at the same time I don't like the fact they are making it out that ALL black people are from Harlem.
    ok wait.. where are you getting this book was made for black lives matters? I get that is a theme with a civil rights activist dying while in custody, but did Coates say this is supposed to be a blm book? also where are you getting the idea Coates is stating all black people are from Harlem? also we don't know if the crew will be going to other places yet outside of Harlem so I think it's too quick to say some of the things you are saying unless Coates stated something that supports your ideas.

BANNED

We have an ALL Black Team...going to Harlem. Birthplace of most of Black History AND to top it off this book is to replicate Black Lives Matter. And dealing with Street Life IN Harlem with nothing, but Black People. I don't know about you guys, but that's kinda offensive. Is Marvel trying to say to say ALL Black Heroes have ties to Harlem? EVERY black person is from Harlem???
    That's my opinion.
    Well, Ororo was born in Harlem, New York so...

I knew the 'This book is too black' comments, were coming. It may be the reason the book gets cancelled.
    People love comics. And peolple dont seem to notice all black cast as long at the story is awsome. But all black cast expressing Black lives tends to be much or on the nose for some.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I knew the 'This book is too black' comments, were coming. It may be the reason the book gets cancelled.
    People love comics. And peolple dont seem to notice all black cast as long at the story is awsome. But all black cast expressing Black lives tends to be much or on the nose for some.
    if the book being too black is why it's cancelled that would be unfortunate.

Yeah. But it's What I've come to expect. Same holds true if this was an all LGBT cast. 'Its just too gay for me', or 'i feel this agenda is being force on me' would have surface.
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 02-21-2017 at 03:19 PM.

Yeah. But it's What I've come to expect. Same holds true if this was an all LGBT cast. 'Its just too gay for me', or 'i feel this agenda is being force on me' would have surface.
    and that's ridiculous.

when I start seeing similar outrage for x-titles then maybe, but it is a very very sad double standard:

Teen Hank sure look goods.
    Teen Hank meet Primal.
    Primal meet Teen Hank.
    Now where's the baby oil.

Teen Hank meet Primal.
    Primal meet Teen Hank.
    oooh ur bad lol

Spectacular Member

Teen Hank meet Primal.
    Primal meet Teen Hank.
    Thank you for letting me know my creepy ass isn't alone in the world

Quote Originally Posted by WHITE MAGE View Post
    Thank you for letting me know my creepy ass isn't alone in the world
    oh hontey u not lol I'm right there with u lol

BANNED

We have an ALL Black Team...going to Harlem. Birthplace of most of Black History AND to top it off this book is to replicate Black Lives Matter. And dealing with Street Life IN Harlem with nothing, but Black People. I don't know about you guys, but that's kinda offensive. Is Marvel trying to say to say ALL Black Heroes have ties to Harlem? EVERY black person is from Harlem???
    That's my opinion.
    I think you're overracting. Everybody knows there are black people in different parts of the world.

BANNED

Id prefer it that way rather than see this all black cast book but the stories are focused on white people. So which would you prefer?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    oh hontey u not lol I'm right there with u lol
    LAWLS

The order continues to grow

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    ok wait.. where are you getting this book was made for black lives matters? I get that is a theme with a civil rights activist dying while in custody, but did Coates say this is supposed to be a blm book? also where are you getting the idea Coates is stating all black people are from Harlem? also we don't know if the crew will be going to other places yet outside of Harlem so I think it's too quick to say some of the things you are saying unless Coates stated something that supports your ideas.
    It was mentioned in the interview I'll find it. The Statement about Black People are from Harlem was a perception of mine that was in my opinion, but I'll wait and see. Still don't like this idea

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I think you're overracting. Everybody knows there are black people in different parts of the world.
    You don't get it. That's not even half of what I'm talking about