• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    It was mentioned in the interview I'll find it. The Statement about Black People are from Harlem was a perception of mine that was in my opinion, but I'll wait and see. Still don't like this idea
    Thanks i would like to see article.

also I say be open just like you suggested we do for Gunnenheim. Give him a chance and if your suspicions are confirmed just drop the title. trust me I will do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    I guess try not looking at it as Blacfication.
    Just enjoy the story to be told.
    And Hudlin and Coats are so far from each other in style. I think your just suffering from PTSD when come to Storm in a BP book.
    I love the all black cast (and its about time) and it really depends on the writer when it comes to Storm and BP being on panel together. McDuffie/Yost/Cornel get a thumbs up... Hudlin/Liss/Mayberry/Aaron get two thumbs down. The jury is still out on Coates but his work with "The Crew" thus far....epic weak sauce.

The blacification I am speaking to was Hudlin's constant focus on race (i.e. Dr. Doom is suddenly racist, black skrulls vs white skrulls, etc.). Or Dickey needing to alter Storm's history by giving her a black "master thief" instructor (one she was leagues better than). I don't much care for that kind of storytelling or get why Storm's history needs even needs that. I already received a taste of Coates Storm and it was terrible. I'll leave final judgment for what he actually delivers but have no faith in his handling of Storm.
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 02-21-2017 at 08:27 PM.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

also I say be open just like you suggested we do for Gunnenheim. Give him a chance and if your suspicions are confirmed just drop the title. trust me I will do the same.
    HOW DARE YOU USE MY WORDS AGAINST ME!!! LOL. Ugh I hate you and love you butterflykyss.

*sigh* ok FINE!!! If and when I see Some bullshit it's dropped ya heard meh?
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 02-21-2017 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I love the all black cast (and its about time) and it really depends on the writer when it comes to Storm and BP being on panel together. McDuffie/Yost/Cornel get a thumbs up... Hudlin/Liss/Mayberry/Aaron get two thumbs down. The jury is still out on Coates but his work with "The Crew" thus far....epic weak sauce.

The blacification I am speaking to was Hudlin's constant focus on race (i.e. Dr. Doom is suddenly racist, black skrulls vs white skrulls, etc.). Or Dickey needing to alter Storm's history by giving her a black "master thief" instructor (one she was leagues better than). I don't much care for that kind of storytelling or get why Storm's history needs even needs that. I already received a taste of Coates Storm and it was terrible. I'll leave final judgment for what he actually delivers but have no faith in his handling of Storm.
    I can't argue with any of this maybe as I was not impressed with his storm either. but you make valid points about the emphasis on race in Hudlin run. I don't mind if race related themes are incorporated in the context of things happening currently in the world, but twisting changing characters to create that conflict I'm totally against.

HOW DARE YOU USE MY WORDS AGAINST ME!!! LOL. Ugh I hate you and love you butterflykyss.

lolol i will drop it right with u

BANNED

I honestly don't think Coates is going to be good at all in his handling of Storm. I was really looking forward to Storm's appearance in his "Black Panther" book, and it was totally craptastic. I have a feeling his knowledge about Storm is very, VERY limited. Guggenheim, on the other hand, I think may deliver. He is familiar with stories like the "Brood Saga" with Ororo and everything. He's read over 200 issues with Storm. Also, seeing Storm take it to Terrax, a herald of Galactus, in his book has lifted my spirits (I just hope he doesn't let me down!). When he wrote that earlier X-Men story with the all-female team, he acknowledged early on that the story was going to be Rachel-centric. IIRC, he pitched a story about several members of the team, including Rachel, and Marvel liked his Rachel story best. Either that, or he had stories to tell for various members of the team with Storm being one of his story-centric ideas. I think that is why he kinda wrote Storm out of the last X-Men story he told (what bothered me most here was he did it in a way that was PIS. I would not have been as upset about it had it done it in a way that did not devalue her so much). If a writer will give us stories where Ororo gets her due and is able to "cut loose" with her powers, I can tolerate her being written down for some arcs here and there. Its going to happen in a team book. What I can't stand, however, is this Lightning Lass business, or when a writer totally ignores her mental defenses against telepathy, or when they make blatant mistakes about her powers which weaken her.

@Windrider: Nice to see you, now take your coat off and stay a spell.
    Last edited by rutog98; 02-21-2017 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I honestly don't think Coates is going to be good at all in his handling of Storm. I was really looking forward to Storm's appearance in his "Black Panther" book, and it was totally craptastic. I have a feeling his knowledge about Storm is very, VERY limited. Guggenheim, on the other hand, I think may deliver. He is familiar with stories like the "Brood Saga" with Ororo and everything. He's read over 200 issues with Storm. Also, seeing Storm take it to Terrax, a herald of Galactus, in his book has lifted my spirits (I just hope he doesn't let me down!). When he wrote that earlier X-Men story with the all-female team, he acknowledged early on that the story was going to be Rachel-centric. IIRC, he pitched a story about several members of the team, including Rachel, and Marvel liked his Rachel story best. Either that, or he had stories to tell for various members of the team with Storm being one of his story-centric ideas. I think that is why he kinda wrote Storm out of the last X-Men story he told (what bothered me most here was he did it in a way that was PIS. I would not have been as upset about it had it done it in a way that did not devalue her so much). If a writer will give us stories where Ororo gets her due and is able to "cut loose" with her powers, I can tolerate her being written down for some arcs here and there. Its going to happen in a team book. What I can't stand, however, is this Lightning Lass business, or when a writer totally ignores her mental defenses against telepathy, or when they make blatant mistakes about her powers which weaken her.

@Windrider: Nice to see you, now take your coat off and stay a spell.
    well the verdict is still out on Gunnenheim as well based on the last time he wrote storm. but I am willing to give him a shot especially if the Terrax face off turns out to be real and she shows out and shows us just how powerful she is.

BANNED

Do we have any scans of Storm pulling off attacks at a fast rate, before someone moves a muscle??? I have some I just want to know if there is anymore that I am missing.

I'm asking becasue i'm in this debate with a Hulk fan who swears up and down Storm can't harm or use her winds against the HULK. My stance is that the Hulk will NOT and never Tag Storm due to her winds. Basically, I mentnioned she can summon winds before the Hulk makes any movement and that's true.

SO! any scans??? I may have them already, but i'm just making sure here thank you.

BANNED

This is for you stormphoenix!

BANNED

Do we have any scans of Storm pulling off attacks at a fast rate, before someone moves a muscle??? I have some I just want to know if there is anymore that I am missing.

I'm asking becasue i'm in this debate with a Hulk fan who swears up and down Storm can't harm or use her winds against the HULK. My stance is that the Hulk will NOT and never Tag Storm due to her winds. Basically, I mentnioned she can summon winds before the Hulk makes any movement and that's true.

SO! any scans??? I may have them already, but i'm just making sure here thank you.
    There's plenty of instances to help you out with this. In Uncanny 175, when the X-Men were locked in the Danger Room with Mastermind, Storm summoned all of the elements at her command before anybody could do anything. There was another story where she appeared in an issue of Wolverine's solo title and a mob guy held a gun up to her head. Before he could pull the trigger, she was faster on the draw and whipped up a tornado in less time than it took him to fire his weapon which was already drawn and held up on her. In "Worlds Apart", Scott fired an optic blast at her, however, eventhough he shot first, she was able to create a protective wall of lightning in front of her before the blast could reach her that blocked his blast. Keep in mind that his blasts move at the speed of light. Also, in X-Treme X-Men, it was shown that Storm had an advantage in any fight she engaged in because her alternate vision allowed her to see the nervous system of her opponent to learn what they were going to do before they could actually begin their attack, and then be fast enough to counter their move. There is another story where the X-Men fought Sauron in the Savage Land. Storm was severely weakened at this point due to Sauron feeding off of her life force, yet, even while he was supercharged (he not only fed off of her, but the entire team) and she was greatly weakened, she was able to strike him with a blizzard attack before he could use his hypnotic beams against her. So, she was faster on the draw even under these circumstances.

Here are scans for some of the feats I mentioned:

Uncanny 175:
    http://imgur.com/WtdxGKH

X-Treme X-Men:
    http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...8198-22625.jpg
    Last edited by rutog98; 02-22-2017 at 04:20 AM.

BANNED

The action scenes was horrible but the conversation between bp and the crew was interesting

Maannnnn use ANY of the scans from her fight with the Hulk in the Onslaught saga (cable #34 and Incredible #445 I believe) lol. She was flinging his ass around like crazy hahaha.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    There's plenty of instances to help you out with this. In Uncanny 175, when the X-Men were locked in the Danger Room with Mastermind, Storm summoned all of the elements at her command before anybody could do anything. There was another story where she appeared in an issue of Wolverine's solo title and a mob guy held a gun up to her head. Before he could pull the trigger, she was faster on the draw and whipped up a tornado in less time than it took him to fire his weapon which was already drawn and held up on her. In "Worlds Apart", Scott fired an optic blast at her, however, eventhough he shot first, she was able to create a protective wall of lightning in front of her before the blast could reach her that blocked his blast. Keep in mind that his blasts move at the speed of light. Also, in X-Treme X-Men, it was shown that Storm had an advantage in any fight she engaged in because her alternate vision allowed her to see the nervous system of her opponent to learn what they were going to do before they could actually begin their attack, and then be fast enough to counter their move. There is another story where the X-Men fought Sauron in the Savage Land. Storm was severely weakened at this point due to Sauron feeding off of her life force, yet, even while he was supercharged (he not only fed off of her, but the entire team) and she was greatly weakened, she was able to strike him with a blizzard attack before he could use his hypnotic beams against her. So, she was faster on the draw even under these circumstances.

Here are scans for some of the feats I mentioned:

Uncanny 175:
    http://imgur.com/WtdxGKH

X-Treme X-Men:
    http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...8198-22625.jpg
    Thanks man.

Thanks man.
    I think u could use the scans where Storm was able to redirect bullets a point blank gun range with her winds as shown in her solo.

For those of you who care there were no big or interesting moments for Storm on EXM #19 or IvX #5. Essentially all we see in both issues is her leading the charge against the Inhumans. There was a moment in the latter issue mentioned where Mosaic possessed her at the end of the issue. I think this will have an impact on how this conflict concludes but that remains to be seen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PattiLaBelleStormfan View Post
    Maannnnn use ANY of the scans from her fight with the Hulk in the Onslaught saga (cable #34 and Incredible #445 I believe) lol. She was flinging his ass around like crazy hahaha.
    DUDE, I already have they don't want to believe it because apparently people think Storm can genrate strong enough winds to push the Hulk becaseu the Hulk has withstood force to shatter a planet.......LOL SURE lets ingore Storm's first encounter with the Hulk, but oh wait it's PIS to them. LOL hahahahah people are just..wow

I think u could use the scans where Storm was able to redirect bullets a point blank gun range with her winds as shown in her solo.
    Oh NO need mr kyss I have it under control I HAVE more than enough scans to prove my points when arguing or debating for Storm. I just want to make usre i'm correct. I'm about to post the Siena Blaze feat to them so they can shut up about Storm not being able to generate strong enough winds to push the Hulk. The Hulk is not tagging Storm if he can''t get to her I don't know why are we ignoring feats and what has been shown on panel.
    LOL Storm literally was flinging the Hulk around 4 times with her winds LOL, but OH the Hulk will clap out her winds......yeah that won't help.