10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

I want an xmen gold issue where Storm wanted to have a 1 day leave, go to Las Vegas, watcha Celine Dion show and talk each other and have Storm sing "its all coming back to me now" on her show.

RLAAMJR, my favorite Storm part from the manga was this fight....
    Attachment 48740

It's the way I think most Storm fights should go if she wasn't a hero.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    RLAAMJR, my favorite Storm part from the manga was this fight....
    Attachment 48740

It's the way I think most Storm fights should go if she wasn't a hero.
    That was awesome.

But does anybody know what was Storm's role in Xmen Ronin?

BANNED

Storm fans, please vote for Storm here: https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2017/...turn-infinite/

I believe people are not voting for her , it could be due to not being popular in umvc3 and she's the most likely to be in mvci so voters vote for those who have less chances of making it to the game.

You need an account there to vote though.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Cockrum and Wein didn't want Storm to be American. She was from Kenya, all the way, and yes, she was intended to look like a 16 year old, but actually be thousands of years old and much more a real goddess. They didn't like how subsequent writers made her less and less African.
    Hello, can you tell me your source for this? I'm assuming it was an interview with him and I'd love to read it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Being underwater is not a different environment for her, though. She acclimates to the entire planet, not just its surface. Regarding everything else you said, I think you have a point. In the galactic core, Storm contained in her body the energy of millions of stars and had no problems with that power. She nearly died behind it, though, because summoning that full power destroyed her space ship leaving her to float adrift in space without any life support. I have also seen her tank a blast from a Herald of Galactus who was trying to kill her team. On Earth, she is immune to lightning, air friction, cold, climate conditions and temperature variations, etc. Lets not forget that scan from Uncanny 168 that states she draws both physical and psychic strength from the life force of heavenly bodies. Uncanny 165 reflects this as well as that sudden influx of life energies from the galactic core enabled her to reverse the brood transformation and temporarily resist it.
    Which Herald are you talking about? Silver Surfer? Because Johnny Storm freaked out when she got blasted hard by the Surfer and she said I'm fine right after she was hit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Which Herald are you talking about? Silver Surfer? Because Johnny Storm freaked out when she got blasted hard by the Surfer and she said I'm fine right after she was hit.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Yeah I figured he was talking about that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    They are trying to play up Jean and the Phoenix Force, so naturally, they are totally going to ignore the goddess aspect of Ororo's character. It leaves a very sour taste in my mouth. Do you think there could be a racist component to explain the way Ororo is being so badly mishandled in the movies? I'm not saying that the script writers and director are necessarily cognizant of it, but assuming they are not blatantly aware of a racial bias that may (or may not) exist on their part, do you think maybe, on some subconscious level at least, that racism is playing a role here?
    Fox is owned essentially by Rupert Murdoch. I think Storm has only been portrayed by short, biracial actresses, and given an underdeveloped role in these movies, exactly because of racism. I think the whole franchise has been neutered because of Rupert Murdoch and his ideology. You get Holocaust references, and you get a touch of gay references(from Singer), but the civil rights metaphor and social justice metaphors have been almost completely lost/wasted.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Hello, can you tell me your source for this? I'm assuming it was an interview with him and I'd love to read it.
    I looked a bit for it, but I couldn't find it. I can't remember if it was an interview with Len Wein or Dave Cockrum, but its out there somewhere.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post

Yeah, you're right. Here is that scan:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/LAbA7X9h96t...cIOAI9xwCR5=s0

Okay, you guys, I just looked at this issue again and noticed something else after Surfer blasted Ororo: Panther used technology to steal Silver Surfer's power cosmic. He then gave that tech, imbued with Surfer's powers to Torch. Torch's powers were then amplified by Silver Surfer's full power and still he could not do the damage to Stardust Ororo did.

Here, we see Storm blow Stardusts's atoms apart (McDuffie, the writer, described Storm's attack on Stardust as her pulling electrons from her, Stardust's, body and sending those same electrons flying back with enough force to disintegrate her.) http://2.bp.blogspot.com/Sz1uHALLWV4...-Qlb-KDRpOh=s0

Later in the story, we see T'challa use technology to drain and absorb all of Surfer's power cosmic and then give that power to Torch: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/A9erHiY-ONI...Rw5db6v_q0c=s0

Here, we see that Surfer is completely leeched of all of his power and tries to fist fight Panther after Panther gives the device containing all of Surfer's power to Torch. I make this point because Torch then uses his powers combined with the full power of Silver Surfer to attack Stardust here: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-OxW5lqEWMl...GIzSaj9kU_I=s0

Notice the damage Torch does with his power combined with Surfer's is weaker than the damage Ororo did against Stardust when she attacked him earlier in the issue. I'll post that Storm blowing up Stardust scan again right here: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/Sz1uHALLWV4...-Qlb-KDRpOh=s0

I have always maintained that Storm has more raw power than a Herald. I'd say this is evidence to that conclusion.

Edit: Well, of course she had power above that of a herald. She was established to have power levels equal to that of Phoenix Force Jean Grey nearly from the start. Claremont acknowledged this in an interview and gave her the feats in canon to prove it. Heck, Storm has topped every feat accomplished by Phoenix Force Jean Grey to date in terms of wielding raw power.
    Last edited by rutog98; 04-30-2017 at 01:18 PM.

BANNED

I looked a bit for it, but I couldn't find it. I can't remember if it was an interview with Len Wein or Dave Cockrum, but its out there somewhere.
    I believe it was an interview.

I want a Storm and Sue Storm team-up mini. They could call it The Invisible Storms or something.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I want a Storm and Sue Storm team-up mini. They could call it The Invisible Storms or something.
    I prefer "hyperspace and weather"

Though not exactly what you guys are looking for or are talking about, but I did see this little commentary by Len Wein and Dave Cockrum about a little bit about Storm's creation.