• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
Page 24 of 3522 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834741245241024 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    Is the book already available to buy on preorder?
    I think so. I called up and pre-ordered with my LCS last week.

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

That sucks im still new here so i have to find a copy shop so I can pre order the book. But i need this book. I love your avatar by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    You have to right click it, get the image URL (usually ends in something like .jpg or .png), then put it within the IMG tags provided by the "Insert Image" option "from URL" in the reply menu, like so (once you learn how to do the image tags yourself, you won't have to bother with the menu, just quote my post to see the actual code):

This pic is both fierce and elegant at the same time. I love my X-Ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by The High Priestess View Post
    Attachment 716

so happy! ^_^
    So cool seeing all this passion and enthusiasm from Pak. It's really encouraging.

That sucks im still new here so i have to find a copy shop so I can pre order the book. But i need this book. I love your avatar by the way.
    Thanks. In the interim to finding a shop near you can you still pre-order online to get a digital copy? I'm thinking of doing this also.

I tried doing that by going to Marvel.com and it dosent work, unless im just doing it wrong.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Attachment 716

so happy! ^_^
    That was nice of him to remember your name, especially from years ago! As if we needed more evidence that he's a huge Storm fan... heh. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Ibanez is killing it with the body language on those sketches, but it looks like he is still struggling to find her face. I hope he can resolve that for his final pencils.
    Yeah, I agree. But it's still very nice and definitely befitting of the Goddess.

EDIT:

I tried doing that by going to Marvel.com and it dosent work, unless im just doing it wrong.
    Have you tried Comic Shop Locator? Worked for me.

http://www.comicshoplocator.com/Home/1/1/57/575
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

BANNED

@jm2c it's weird for me not having an avatar. I miss my old one

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    @jm2c it's weird for me not having an avatar. I miss my old one
    You can pick it up from the old forums if you want; they'll be available for about two weeks before they're gone:

http://oldforums.comicbookresources....39318-BBeeryan
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omegastorm View Post
    This guy---->

Because he does this:

o
    I deliberately left Coipel off my list because we have seen his work featuring Storm quite recently.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

BANNED

I think we should bestow Greg Pak with an honorary membership in the Clapping Thunder Thighs. We should brainstorm a fitting title for him

Hello, fellow storm fans. Firstly, I would like to clarify that like everyone else in this threat I am a huge Storm fan. Secondly, that it is good to see that Storm is part of so many books considering how she was misused and almost completely ignored for seven years. I think that she needs that kind of exposure in order to reclaim her rightful place inside the x-men team.

With that been said, I think that we let our judgment to be clouded by the resent announcement and the excitement that followed that announcement. We must take into account, that the last three attempts for a Storm solo series were not so successful (each one for different reasons). We must also consider the fact, that the only X-men member that was able to sustain a solo book was Wolverine, and not even Gambit succeed in that.

Of course, all of us want and hope that this time will be different, but I keep my own hopes down. Every writer had their ups and downs (including our x-men favorite Chris Claremont), so I will keep my judgment until the release of the book. We all remember many writers in the past, who stated that they loved to write about Storm and how important she was for them and the stories they created, only to prove false ( R. Hudlin is the first that comes to mind). Greg Pak's last work for Marvel was X-Treme X-men which got mixed reviews
    http://comicbookroundup.com/comic-bo...me-x-men-vol-2

I do not doubt that his intentions, but it is a long way from good intentions to good writing.

Maybe, I am one of the few X-men fans that I think that the x-men characters shine and show their true qualities in their team book and not in their solos (that includes Wolverine, whose I am also huge fan as my avatar suggests ). I believe their interaction with other X-men members, is what makes the X-men so great and sets them apart from other teams. Because even if they are not blood relatives (with very few exceptions), I feel that they have very strong bonds with each other.

That was nice of him to remember your name, especially from years ago! As if we needed more evidence that he's a huge Storm fan... heh. ^_^

Yeah, I agree. But it's still very nice and definitely befitting of the Goddess.

EDIT:

Have you tried Comic Shop Locator? Worked for me.

http://www.comicshoplocator.com/Home/1/1/57/575
    Thank that does work for me.

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

A Bloodstorm
    Attachment 737
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

I think we should bestow Greg Pak with an honorary membership in the Clapping Thunder Thighs. We should brainstorm a fitting title for him
    Keeper of the Word

^.^ ... is that taken already? ;P

Also, welcome to WolfClow! As for Greg Pak, I guess we'll just have to see! Reviews aren't always on the money and are highly subjective... Legion's "X-Men Legacy" book was continually poorly reviewed by critics and praised by just about everyone else (on the X-Books forums). I seem to recall CBR fan reaction was mostly positive to X-Treme X-Men.

Thank that does work for me.
    Great! You're welcome.
    Prεtty Pεnny

BANNED

Keeper of the Word

^.^ ... is that taken already? ;P

Also, welcome to WolfClow! As for Greg Pak, I guess we'll just have to see! Reviews aren't always on the money and are highly subjective... Legion's "X-Men Legacy" book was continually poorly reviewed by critics and praised by just about everyone else (on the X-Books forums). I seem to recall CBR fan reaction was mostly positive to X-Treme X-Men.

Great! You're welcome.
    I do like Keeper of the Word...

All my reviews of X-Treme were positive, Pak did a marvelous job in that book not only elevating Dazzler but by creating an engaging cast with new stories and at the same time bringing back fan favorites. People that didn't like it were just bitter bettys.