• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    sorry but this is not(completly) true. Without more information we can only simplify situation and say that she should be alright.
    but
    http://www.lightningsafety.noaa.gov/odds.shtml
    Average Number of Deaths Reported 30
    Estimated number of Injuries 270
    Only about 10% of people who are struck by lightning are killed, leaving 90% with various degrees of disability.

I hope that I don't need to show data that humans are not fireproof. fire burns at temperatures of 1100 degree Fahrenheit and can kill person. temperature alone can't kill. Mass and time of exposure are extremely important. You can survive even 1 000 000 degrees if mass of this hot object is almost non existent.
    there are a lot of things not mentioned, how hot were the bolts that struck those people and how long were there being struck by the lightning? the temperatures of lightning can reach temperatures that high so if storm is channelling sustained bolts through her body at max temperature of bolt she should not be affected by something of a lesser temperature.

BANNED

I came upon this site and thought to share it... "What if I were struck by lightning?"

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    well she was hit by Legion with fire and was not scared or injured permantly.. To me all high level energy welders are immune to radiation, intense heat, etc.. I mean Polaris, Magneto, Storm, Firestar, Dazzler, Havok, Sunspot all need to have a great immunity to the varying impacts of energy.. It wouldnt make sense if they were not.. hell even Boom BOom, Jubilee, Gambit should have some energy immunity.
    Storm does have some immunity to radiation. She was the only mutant (besides Polaris) able to operate without a rad-suit after Genosha destruction.

Attachment 51621
    Attachment 51622
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 07-15-2017 at 07:32 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Storm dies have some immunity to radiation. She was the only mutant (besides Polaris) able to operate without a rad-suit after Genosha destruction.
    Parts of the island were inundated with highly deadly levels of nuclear radiation, but yah if you can manipulate energy radiation poisoning should be avoidable to varying degrees.
    Last edited by jmc247; 07-15-2017 at 03:02 PM.

BANNED

Storm dies have some immunity to radiation. She was the only mutant (besides Polaris) able to operate without a rad-suit after Genosha destruction.

Attachment 51621
    Attachment 51622

This is awesome to know.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Attachment 51621
    Attachment 51622
    I didnt realize she had some immunity to radiation. awesome.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-15-2017 at 03:44 PM.

BANNED

Bloodstorm deserves to have her own appreciation thread right?

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Bloodstorm deserves to have her own appreciation thread right?
    No she doesn't.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    No she doesn't.
    It is going to happen anyway lmao! we are like RLAAMJR's before the fact priests. He confesses and then goes to commit whatever thing he feels he shouldn't then he does it anyway.

BANNED

Lol.but ok. I wont make one. I hope i can control the urge. I really wanna.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I didnt realize she had some immunity to radiation. awesome.
    It's REALLY hard for someone to try and dispute this feat because, dispite the fact Jean said "Neal your the only one IMMUNE to radiation poisoning" when he himself is actually wearing a containment suit as well. Storm is not. She swhooped in grabed Polaris and flew out. And Jean and Charles are still wearing suits and Storm is basically all exposed now.

Lol hmm for someone with "street level Durability " she sure is fine standing comfortable in Radiation. LOL

But in all honesty I didn't know this.......glad I do. Which makes a counter for WBH stupid Gamma radiation feat.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Parts of the island were inundated with highly deadly levels of nuclear radiation, but yah if you can manipulate energy radiation poisoning should be avoidable to varying degrees.
    Agreed.

Attachment 51621
    Attachment 51622
    I agreed 100%
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 07-15-2017 at 06:56 PM.

BANNED

I tweeted Coates earlier if he could make BP and Bloodstorm meet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I tweeted Coates earlier if he could make BP and Bloodstorm meet.
    You should have tweeted him and asked if he's doing anything special with her powers and character growth. We don't need a bloodstorm silly RLAAMJR lol

BANNED

That's cool that Storm is immune to radiation. I don't understand how Lorna would be though. And shouldn't Jean be immune too since as Phoenix she asborbs energy? I don't get the science behind their powers most of the time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    That's cool that Storm is immune to radiation. I don't understand how Lorna would be though. And shouldn't Jean be immune too since as Phoenix she asborbs energy? I don't get the science behind their powers most of the time.
    As much power Jean has we tend to forget she is STILL human. I mean she is like Storm to a degree(IMO). I think storm has a far better feat of Durability than Jean, but .......I don't know. That's what I'm going with.