• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    If that happens, then other writers will build off from that to establish Storm as crazy and out of control and then next thing you know, she'll be killed off. Happened to Jean and Wanda. Would rather Storm stay away from that fate.
    She almost got that treatment. Remember RogueStorm???? Shit Storm was 1 step away from being the NEW Phoenix or crazy Girl.
    Phew! Dodged that Bullet. :-)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    She almost got that treatment. Remember RogueStorm???? Shit Storm was 1 step away from being the NEW Phoenix or crazy Girl.
    Phew! Dodged that Bullet. :-)
    I know right. We've had the "Crazy Storm" story and I would like to leave it at that.

Even so they are nothing without the PF. That is a very sad fact.

We've had at least 3? Or 5 mentions of the Phoenix in the New Marvel.

You can only do so much with that Concept mark my words. The Phoenix Force will get played out soonner or later. It was good in the DPF Saga after that TOO MUCH of it was thrown in our face.

Heck I've seen to much Phoenix stuff I no longer believe it's even important anymore.
    I disagree, but I still consider the Phoenix to belong wholly to Jean and her offspring so I consider it to be part of their power the same way the Iron Man suit belongs mainly to Iron Man (even if others have worn it at times) or Thor's hammer to belong to Thor (or Jane now since I like her). Otherwise, you could argue similarly about Rogue that really she hasn't been able to do anything by herself without Ms. Marvel's powers, because her most famous incarnations have been after absorbing Carol.

BANNED

Even so they are nothing without the PF. That is a very sad fact.

We've had at least 3? Or 5 mentions of the Phoenix in the New Marvel.

You can only do so much with that Concept mark my words. The Phoenix Force will get played out soonner or later. It was good in the DPF Saga after that TOO MUCH of it was thrown in our face.

Heck I've seen to much Phoenix stuff I no longer believe it's even important anymore.
    Actually it's growing bigger than ever, by appearing in books outside the X-Men such as Thor and Thanos. Jean and the Phoenix are interacting with Marvel as a whole. Jeen meets Namor and Thor already, and will have upcoming meetings with Dr. Strange and the Scarlet Witch.

Sadly Storm doesn't have her own connections outside of the X-Men, as they were severed when the Black Panther divorced her. Storm these days is literally a supporting character and not even the top Black female in Marvel anymore (Lunella, Photon, and others are going way above her).

So Storm fans feeling defensive as Storm is marginalized and now playing backseat to Kitty. Oh, Jeen is leading a team of X-Men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Actually it's growing bigger than ever, by appearing in books outside the X-Men such as Thor and Thanos. Jean and the Phoenix are interacting with Marvel as a whole. Jeen meets Namor and Thor already, and will have upcoming meetings with Dr. Strange and the Scarlet Witch.

Sadly Storm doesn't have her own connections outside of the X-Men, as they were severed when the Black Panther divorced her. Storm these days is literally a supporting character and not even the top Black female in Marvel anymore (Lunella, Photon, and others are going way above her).

So Storm fans feeling defensive as Storm is marginalized and now playing backseat to Kitty. Oh, Jeen is leading a team of X-Men.
    To be fair, Storm is not the first established leader to take a backseat to a new one. Cap in the Avengers did this with Wasp and I think Monica as well, so Storm is hardly the first case. Also, I don't think either Moon Girl or Monica is replacing Storm anytime soon as the leading black female. Storm is still one of the most iconic superheroines of all time, even with a little bad treatment (ok a lot of bad treatment for the past decade). But even while Sue and Janet are being erased from Marvel's Top Ten Heroines list, Storm (and Jean for that matter) are still on there, which is a testament to their iconic status and popularity. Storm is only taking a backseat right now, because the writer of X-Men Gold really likes Kitty and Rachel, but I'm sure that will change with the next relaunch which must be right around the corner. Hopefully Storm will not only be leading then like she has in the past, but will also get some proper characterization and development. If anyone deserves to be the face of mutantkind it should be her.

I would like to see Storm's connections outside of the X-Men in the greater MU. I'd love to see her have a closer relationship to Sue or Carol (well Sue may not really help Storm's case right now). I'd also love to see her interact more with Cap and even Thor (either Jane or Odinson). Maybe put her on an Avengers team where she is leading a team of past team leaders like Cap and Monica to show Storm's capabilities.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I would like to see an uninhibited battle between these two. with storm being able to shut down people's brain thus may not go in magneto favor.
    Me too. Storm vs Magneto in an all out battle.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I would like to see an uninhibited battle between these two. with storm being able to shut down people's brain thus may not go in magneto favor.

I was thinking along the lines of an elemental death match where one would have to go the grave canonically.

If that happens, then other writers will build off from that to establish Storm as crazy and out of control and then next thing you know, she'll be killed off. Happened to Jean and Wanda. Would rather Storm stay away from that fate.
    Didn't Wanda get a solo from almost wiping out a speices? Isn't Jean being shoved down our throats? Maybe insnity is the only way Marvel knows how to give a character their due lmao.

BANNED

I know right. We've had the "Crazy Storm" story and I would like to leave it at that.

I disagree, but I still consider the Phoenix to belong wholly to Jean and her offspring so I consider it to be part of their power the same way the Iron Man suit belongs mainly to Iron Man (even if others have worn it at times) or Thor's hammer to belong to Thor (or Jane now since I like her). Otherwise, you could argue similarly about Rogue that really she hasn't been able to do anything by herself without Ms. Marvel's powers, because her most famous incarnations have been after absorbing Carol.
    I agree the PF should only be on Jean, but NOT her children. The PF is that's ONLY attracted to Jean and Jean alone. Yes her children had some run ins with it that's only because they were related to her. HELL Cable is related to her and he never been touched by the PF. What i'm saying is the Jean Grey family is ONLY important when the PF is around. Without it they can't stand. I don't agree that the PF was always Jeans powers because it never was.

I would like to see Storm's connections outside of the X-Men in the greater MU. I'd love to see her have a closer relationship to Sue or Carol (well Sue may not really help Storm's case right now). I'd also love to see her interact more with Cap and even Thor (either Jane or Odinson). Maybe put her on an Avengers team where she is leading a team of past team leaders like Cap and Monica to show Storm's capabilities.
    Would be nice if she could get into the Ultimate's since her and BP are back on track. Plus this would be a rare time where Storm isn't the most powerful one in the room or at least not the most powerful as a whole.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post

Your right in same areas. But yeah it sucks. But Storm is getting reconnected with Black Panther so HOPEFULLY Storm can talk to other heroes besides the X-men. As for leading Female Black Hero Storm still holds the spot. Monica as cool as she is can not hold a candle to Storm. She simply isn't as popular as she is. They even tried to make her interesting in the Ultimates and STILL nobody cared LOL.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Son_Of_A_Goddess View Post
    Didn't Wanda get a solo from almost wiping out a speices? Isn't Jean being shoved down our throats? Maybe insnity is the only way Marvel knows how to give a character their due lmao.
    Wanda was absent for about a decade, and that solo came more because of her stint in the movies, something which X-Characters cannot benefit from. And unfortunately, the X-Men connection has also kept Wanda absent from much of the movie's merchandise and marketing and even in unrelated mobile games. In fact, in Marvel Future Fight, both Jean and Storm are both in now along with several other X-Men, while neither Wanda and Pietro are.

Jean was also absent for over a decade and she's had a long absence before too. Imagine if Storm had been killed off after Rogue Storm. That's so many years of development that would have been lost, development that has shaped the crux of the character and become part of her iconic and rich history. Jean is only just now getting a solo for the first time ever, and it's not even Jean but Teen Jean. At least Storm's solo was the real character even if it did get cancelled (which also happened to Wanda's).

BANNED

To be fair, Storm is not the first established leader to take a backseat to a new one. Cap in the Avengers did this with Wasp and I think Monica as well, so Storm is hardly the first case. Also, I don't think either Moon Girl or Monica is replacing Storm anytime soon as the leading black female. Storm is still one of the most iconic superheroines of all time, even with a little bad treatment (ok a lot of bad treatment for the past decade). But even while Sue and Janet are being erased from Marvel's Top Ten Heroines list, Storm (and Jean for that matter) are still on there, which is a testament to their iconic status and popularity. Storm is only taking a backseat right now, because the writer of X-Men Gold really likes Kitty and Rachel, but I'm sure that will change with the next relaunch which must be right around the corner. Hopefully Storm will not only be leading then like she has in the past, but will also get some proper characterization and development. If anyone deserves to be the face of mutantkind it should be her.

I agree 100% with this.

BANNED

Like Storm leading the Uncanny Avengers.

BANNED

Your right in same areas. But yeah it sucks. But Storm is getting reconnected with Black Panther so HOPEFULLY Storm can talk to other heroes besides the X-men. As for leading Female Black Hero Storm still holds the spot. Monica as cool as she is can not hold a candle to Storm. She simply isn't as popular as she is. They even tried to make her interesting in the Ultimates and STILL nobody cared LOL.
    Monica has never really caught on with readers which is a shame because I loved her way back when. And frankly, she's been completely absent for decades now, which is why the little attention she is getting now seems like a lot. It's long overdue imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Son_Of_A_Goddess View Post
    Would be nice if she could get into the Ultimate's since her and BP are back on track. Plus this would be a rare time where Storm isn't the most powerful one in the room or at least not the most powerful as a whole.
    I'd love that actually! The Ultimates has a great team and all are heavy-hitters much like Ororo in the power department. She could feel free to use her powers without limits and it would be fine considering just how powerful everyone else is. Unfortunately the book doesn't sell very well so maybe it wouldn't be the best place to fit her.

I agree the PF should only be on Jean, but NOT her children. The PF is that's ONLY attracted to Jean and Jean alone. Yes her children had some run ins with it that's only because they were related to her. HELL Cable is related to her and he never been touched by the PF. What i'm saying is the Jean Grey family is ONLY important when the PF is around. Without it they can't stand. I don't agree that the PF was always Jeans powers because it never was.
    Well originally the PF was just Jean's and even after the retcon, it was retconned in such a way that it was still Jean's powers genetically because only she had a connection to the PF. Which wasn't even the PF but just a Force. I think of it like the Force from Star Wars except in this case the Jedi are just Jean and her offspring since she was one of the few if not only people who could tap into the Force. Jean was the one who created the Phoenix mantle after tapping into the Force and flashbacks show that the firebird imagery was always in her mind and even part of the manifestation of her psi powers. It was only even Claremont left, that they completely disrupted the mythos to make it that the Force was always the Phoenix Force, and had a long history way before Jean. That's when the concept got muddled. But before, even if other people could tap into the Force, the Phoenix identity was one created by Jean and her children could inherit it since they had genetic ties to her powers.
    Last edited by JeanGreyForever; 07-17-2017 at 08:32 PM.

BANNED

I agree 100% with this.
    I'm glad people approve!

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Like Storm leading the Uncanny Avengers.
    I'm surprised she hasn't been a member in any of the rosters so far. I think writers get intimidated by her honestly and don't know how to use her. As others have pointed out on this thread, few writers besides Claremont have really been able to do her justice.