• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    Did Storm ever save him? If not, I think this should be the next arc for X-Men Gold. Or a new Storm series. Or whatever book Storm shows up in next. The Ultimates like going into space after all...
    I have no idea but I think it would make for a good pitch for her to explore the outside MU and maybe explore her abilities and application when in space.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    As someone who loves when Storm goes into space, I second this request. As long as they have a competent writer, write it.

I don't think so.

I would love for Storm and her team of X-men to save Aria...but I feel that it will end with Aria's death.

Attachment 51692
    oh so he wasn't saved. yes I totally want storm to find a way to save him. she kinda owes it to him (even though their relationship when he saved her ws symbiotic). and agreed if not handled by a competent and a writer who is not lazy she wouldn't be able to do a thing because you know there is no weather. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Riri will always have the limitation of being and off-shoot of Iron Man, she will always be under his shadow. It's incredibly rare for a legacy character to be just as or more popular than their predecessor. The best example I can think of was Wally West (who they killed for Barry to come back anyway). Jane as Thor seems like she's on the right track to be as popular as original Thor.

Storm will always have the advantage of being her own character, Marvel just has to give her sufficient push to be successful. The problem is that they likely never will.
    I know it is very unlikely they will push her or promote her and that is the sad thing. she really should be marvels equivalent go wonder woman but that just isn't going to happen as long as fox own the rights to xmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    If Marvel couldn't think of giving Storm something to do instead of dragging her heels so to speak, they could've easily had her go on sabbatical or something and gave her a legacy book with her daughter. It's a better look than being there but not doing anything.
    there are plenty of things marvel could do with her if they cared. I mean look at
    everything captain marvel is involved with. and honestly how long was Cyclops the face of the xmen. Storm should have been afforded a longer opportunity to lead the xmen than she was. as you mentioned she is doing literally nothing in gold so imo she should have left to do much needed soul searching.

but all in all she had nothing to feel bad about. her people were dying so going to war to protect innocents shouldn't have been an issue. what is plaguing her and characters is just poor writing.

BANNED

That GOLD variant is so Fing ugly!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    It's a toss up between her and Moon Girl. But they aren't doing so well the Comic Book Community doesn't seem to gravitate to them.

And neither one of them are as popular as Storm.
    She is selling well however.
    Invincible ironman is selling better then the doom ironman book.
    It's selling better then black panther and miles morales spideman and she is in the current event and tie ins and popping up in other books,champions,new wasp book,moongirl etc..
    Last edited by mace11; 07-18-2017 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    The lenticular variant is gonna make the ugliness stand out much more.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Riri Williams(iron-heart) i think is the leading black female in marvel now.
    LOL, get out of here with that silly ****.

Hopefully, we will finally get some Rachel and Jean/Scott interaction we been missing since O5 have been here.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 07-18-2017 at 12:40 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

LOL, get out of here with that silly ****.
    lmfao yes. take that mess to her low traffic appreciation thread.

and that is if you can find it.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-18-2017 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I have no idea but I think it would make for a good pitch for her to explore the outside MU and maybe explore her abilities and application when in space.

oh so he wasn't saved. yes I totally want storm to find a way to save him. she kinda owes it to him (even though their relationship when he saved her ws symbiotic). and agreed if not handled by a competent and a writer who is not lazy she wouldn't be able to do a thing because you know there is no weather. lol.
    I really wish Marvel would find the new Calremont. Someone who understands the X-men and doesn't see them as a paycheck.

I know it is very unlikely they will push her or promote her and that is the sad thing. she really should be marvels equivalent go wonder woman but that just isn't going to happen as long as fox own the rights to xmen.
    As much as I love Carol I really don't understand why Marvel keeps pushing her book. It's been restarted like 4 o 5 times now and hasn't caught on with readers.

Maybe Marvel should give the title of "Captain Marvel" to Storm, maybe then she would have Marvel's support.

lmfao yes. take that mess to her low traffic appreciation thread.

and that is if you can find it.
    LOL, right.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 07-18-2017 at 01:30 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I really wish Marvel would find the new Calremont. Someone who understands the X-men and doesn't see them as a paycheck.

As much as I love Carol I really don't understand why Marvel keeps pushing her book. It's been restarted like 4 o 5 times now and hasn't caught on with readers.

Maybe Marvel should give the title of "Captain Marvel" to Storm, maybe she would have Marvel's support.

LOL, right.
    1. is it just me or does no writer understand how to write an ensemble cast. it seems that more often than not some characters are regulated to the back while more focus is placed upon the authors pet character (s). Nightcrawler seems to get this treatment the worst. in extraordinary he didn't do much and he isn't doing much in gold either. I so would like a writer than can do all the characters they request to be in their book justice. and I bet as you stated a lot of that is motivated by a paycheck. it's quite sad actually.

2.) Captain Marvel will always be such a blank character to me. I can't relate to her in anyway and her powers seem so generic, flight, strength, energy blasts. She is a boring and safe character and I think this translates into overall interest in her. I do wish they would give her a rest maybe give it back to Monica.

yea.. I slick thought this poster was trolling but talking about Riri and her being a lead whatever has nothing to do with Storm. so unless you talking about how Riri looks up to her and wants to be like her someday than save that mess for her thread.

I'm sorry but this cover just reminds me how white xmen is and I hate that people complain about race when we get books like bp&c. such a double standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    That GOLD variant is so Fing ugly!!!
    indeed it is lol

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Riri will always have the limitation of being and off-shoot of Iron Man, she will always be under his shadow. It's incredibly rare for a legacy character to be just as or more popular than their predecessor. The best example I can think of was Wally West (who they killed for Barry to come back anyway). Jane as Thor seems like she's on the right track to be as popular as original Thor.

Storm will always have the advantage of being her own character, Marvel just has to give her sufficient push to be successful. The problem is that they likely never will.

and I forgot to mention ur so right about storm not being a derivative of another character. that's more reason why marvel should push her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    She is selling well however.
    Invincible ironman is selling better then the doom ironman book.
    It's selling better then black panther and miles morales spideman and she is in the current event and tie ins and popping up in other books,champions,new wasp book,moongirl etc..
    Doesn't necessarily make you popular

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...7/2017-06.html

Karma is real Marvel. These solo title sales are HORRENDOUS. As far as "Iron Heart" or Reefer, or is it Ri Ri? Can anyone help me locate her book on the comic book sales chart for June. I've looked about three times and yet...I still don't see her. I see The X-Men, I see Luke Cage and BP...and yet I don't see her. Maybe I'm overlooking her. Like the public.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PattiLaBelleStormfan View Post
    http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...7/2017-06.html

Karma is real Marvel. These solo title sales are HORRENDOUS. As far as "Iron Heart" or Reefer, or is it Ri Ri? Can anyone help me locate her book on the comic book sales chart for June. I've looked about three times and yet...I still don't see her. I see The X-Men, I see Luke Cage and BP...and yet I don't see her. Maybe I'm overlooking her. Like the public.
    X-Men Gold is top 20. And Old Man Logan is number 17. It seems these are the only X-Books that are doing well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    If Marvel couldn't think of giving Storm something to do instead of dragging her heels so to speak, they could've easily had her go on sabbatical or something and gave her a legacy book with her daughter. It's a better look than being there but not doing anything.
    Storm has a daughter?!? Who is the father?

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Storm has a daughter?!? Who is the father?
    I'd place a solid bet on T'challa for obvious reasons.