• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I'm gonna say "No". The Surfer wasn't out to kill anyone during that fight. Case in point, Black Panther was able to hold him in a arm-lock
    Panther putting him in an arm lock has nothing to do with Storms Durability. Either way if he was trying to kill or not we know in every environment she is in her durability changes. In this situation because she is in space I'd say she was able to survive it. It probably wasn't lethal, but she took it.

Man I just have to say again that I LOVED how Storm was written in the New Fantastic Four arc. He just really got her powers and even her potential. And he actually made the pairing of BP and Ororo likable. He wrote him how T'Challa should be written and not some insecure tough guy who can't accept help from anyone and is always right.

Quote Originally Posted by PattiLaBelleStormfan View Post
    Man I just have to say again that I LOVED how Storm was written in the New Fantastic Four arc. He just really got her powers and even her potential. And he actually made the pairing of BP and Ororo likable. He wrote him how T'Challa should be written and not some insecure tough guy who can't accept help from anyone and is always right.
    R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post

I can't remember this correctly, but didn't Claremont talk once about Storm's lineage and how the white hair and blue eyes skipped every two generations or something?
    When and where was this?

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie
    R.I.P for real.

R.I.P. Dwayne McDuffie
    Indeed. He is truly missed.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    HAHAHA. I found this hysterical!
    lolol.. it's true. they slick coming in here to either troll or promote a boring character none of us want to hear about.

Quote Originally Posted by Peanutsinspace View Post
    I can't believe you forgot all the times she shot lightning from her hands!
    how foolish and silly of me!! my apologies i lost myself for a moment!!! lol

I'm gonna say "No". The Surfer wasn't out to kill anyone during that fight. Case in point, Black Panther was able to hold him in a arm-lock
    I agree. Storm, as powerful as she is, has not shown that I know of the ability to absorb energy attacks. I think elemental attacks of any kind, as well as some energy attacks, she should be immune to. But we know how things are with marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by PattiLaBelleStormfan View Post
    Agreed he did such a great job with both characters. He will surely be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    When and where was this?
    No where that I can remember has he ever said that....but I wouldn't be shocked if he did say that.

Storm's mom didn't have white hair and blue eyes. Though there was that time when Storm saw a vision of her mom and she had long white hair.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Question: This pic right here where Storm is hit by Surfer is that a viable example for Storms Durability??????

Attachment 51727
    How dare he hurt the comic character i love the most.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    When and where was this?
    I cant remember but i think it was an interview. I thought it was every four generations so maybe somebody can find the information.

I need clarity of what is meant by elemental attacks and Storm's immunity. If Hydroman slams her with a pillar of water, that should affect her. She she gets buried by a ton of dirt or encased in a block of ice, that should affect her.

To which elemental attacks should she be immune?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    I need clarity of what is meant by elemental attacks and Storm's immunity. If Hydroman slams her with a pillar of water, that should affect her. She she gets buried by a ton of dirt or encased in a block of ice, that should affect her.

To which elemental attacks should she be immune?
    For me I think the she should be immune to the following:

lightning
    thermal blasts (extreme cold or extreme heat)
    radioactive blasts
    extreme temperatures (both cold or hot)
    EM energy

in regards to attacks purely concussive in nature, then I would agree they should affect her. a block of ice being thrown at her head for instance will hurt her. but attacks that purely energy based that are centered around energy she can manipulate and channel through her imo should not impact her.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 07-19-2017 at 10:35 AM.

BANNED

She is also immune immune to air friction and can breathe at any speed

I've noticed that Storm fairs well usually (power wise) under the pen of writers who are either A.) interested in Science or B.) have studied it. For example McDuffie who majored in Science in college I believe. And Claremont who if I recall right got a minor is soft science. It's been a while since I've seen the interview that spoke about his studies but science was in there somewhere.

BANNED

If Einstein was a writer and still alive, he would have made Storm awesome.