10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Stormphoenix, I love you and all, but I won't stand for you low balling Storm in this Mera debate. As Kyss and Yoga have pointed out, Storm should be capable of doing the same things with water that she does with air. So I'm saying she should absolutely be able to replicate all of the feats of Mera you posted. Real shit!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Stormphoenix, I love you and all, but I won't stand for you low balling Storm in this Mera debate. As Kyss and Yoga have pointed out, Storm should be capable of doing the same things with water that she does with air. So I'm saying she should absolutely be able to replicate all of the feats of Mera you posted. Real shit!
    So I'm low balling? Hahaha how? Nevermind. Anyway, Kyss and Yoga only pointed out how very skilled Storm is with Water NOT how better she is. And truth be told there is only one thing Mera can't do that Storm can.

I love Storm as much as you guys do, but seriously you guys must know and come to grips that some heroes with Elemental powers can manipulate and control them BETTER than Storm. Mera is ONLY ONE Elemental I know that is better at controlling Water than Storm.

Lol I'll say this....until Storm demonstrates FINE control over water like Mera? Mera is Top Dog when it comes to Water Control.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 08-04-2017 at 10:13 AM.

From the scans I've seen, I agree with stormphoenix. Nothing Storm has done matches Mera's control over the water. I've not seen one panel of Storm doing nearly the things with water that Mera has. Mera's control over the water is just like Storm's control over the wind.

This whole debate though... it went from interesting to read to...something else. It's clear to me why Storm fans have a bad rep on the board. Some of us seem unable to acknowledge that Storm is beatable in any facet. I enjoy reading the debates, when posters have different points of view and post panels to support their opinion, but when it disintegrates into unrealistic arguments, what's the point?

BANNED

Some things I'd like to point out about Ororo's control over water:

1) She can see water as patterns of energy she can control. So, since controlling water is the same as controlling energy to her, how much water she can manipulate depends on how much energy she can control. Somebody mentioned Mera splitting the Atlantic Ocean and keeping it that way for days. I would argue Ororo could do this as well and then some given Ororo's much more impressive energy manipulation feats, but this aspect of her powers is simply ignored.

2) Somebody mentioned that Mera can creates shapes out of water. Well, clouds are huge collections of moisture and Storm can shape them into forms. I recall in the story where she meets Shetani, her evil uncle, where she whips a guy up in the air with her winds and scares him by shaping the clouds into angry-looking monsters. Not only this, but her control over surface tension would also indicate that she could water bend this way as well.

Anyway, I am not going to say for sure that Storm can or cannot beat Mera's control over water, but I wanted to throw these facts out there. Her control over moisture is rarely explored, however, given how this power has been defined and some of her feats in this area, I would not be surprised if she can beat out Mera's control over water if she really wanted to.
    Last edited by rutog98; 08-04-2017 at 10:41 AM.

Next topic....PLEASE!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PattiLaBelleStormfan View Post
    Next topic....PLEASE!
    I'm fine with this. I just had to get my two cents in.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PattiLaBelleStormfan View Post
    Next topic....PLEASE!
    Yes.

And you people wonder why no one takes you seriously at CBR. Instead of arguing with writers about their lack of ideas for Storm as a character there are these completely random "Storm is better than *insert character* and here's a few panels supporting my opinion!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Anyway, I am not going to say for sure that Storm can or cannot beat Mera's control over water, but I wanted to throw these facts out there. Her control over moisture is rarely explored, however, given how this power has been defined and some of her feats in this area, I would not be surprised if she can beat out Mera's control over water if she really wanted to.
    That would be VERY hard for Storm when you consider the fact Mera will strip her from that. Because in truth Storm would be Hydrokinetic. Mera has bested people with Hydrokenisis. I wouldn't be surprised that Storm wouldn't e able to do anything underwater against someone who spent years of mastering. But you make an interesting point.

2) Somebody mentioned that Mera can creates shapes out of water. Well, clouds are huge collections of moisture and Storm can shape them into forms. I recall in the story where she meets Shetani, her evil uncle, where she whips a guy up in the air with her winds and scares him by shaping the clouds into angry-looking monsters. Not only this, but her control over surface tension would also indicate that she could water bend this way as well.
    To the Bold. That is not the same. For Storm to replicate this feat she would have to A. Manipulate the Water directly and form it into a person or a Ball. B. She would have to use the Wind and replicate the feat. OR C. Storm would have to transmute those clouds that are made of water and moist into bodies of Water.

Some things I'd like to point out about Ororo's control over water:

1) She can see water as patterns of energy she can control. So, since controlling water is the same as controlling energy to her, how much water she can manipulate depends on how much energy she can control. Somebody mentioned Mera splitting the Atlantic Ocean and keeping it that way for days. I would argue Ororo could do this as well and then some given Ororo's much more impressive energy manipulation feats, but this aspect of her powers is ignored.
    I don't think Storm would be able to maintain the entire Atlantic Ocean in the air for days. She'd probably pass out. But this is exactly WHY I say their control over Water is different. Mera would be actually picking up the Water and holding it. Storm would be controlling the Energy of that mass Water. That's different.

Well this thread went form 0-500 in no time quick.

BANNED

I'm Done. I SWEAR I'm done. No Mera talk. But I

Just wanted to impart some clarity and wisdoms here.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 08-04-2017 at 10:58 AM.

Why is @WhiteQueenEmmaFrost trying to start drama lmao? We're certifiable? So why are you even bothering to show up in a thread full of loony people? Last time I checked Emma herself would fit right in with us considering she's about as steady as a giraffe in skates.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Son_Of_A_Goddess View Post
    Why is @WhiteQueenEmmaFrost trying to start drama lmao? We're certifiable? So why are you even bothering to show up in a thread full of loony people? Last time I checked Emma herself would fit right in with us considering she's about as steady as a giraffe in skates.
    My guess? That poster has nothing to do. But try and start stuff that has NOTHING to do with him/her.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Yes.

And you people wonder why no one takes you seriously at CBR. Instead of arguing with writers about their lack of ideas for Storm as a character there are these completely random "Storm is better than *insert character* and here's a few panels supporting my opinion!"
    For someone who is an Emma Frost Fan I wouldn't be going into a Storm thread posting about how nobody takes us "Storm Fans" seriously and how "WE" people think writers are treating our character unfair. Especially when Emma Frost is marked as a Crazy Nut Job and EVERY X-Men wants her dead....Magneto included. LOL

Keep your comments to yourself. "We" Storm fans have a right to our opinion. Just like how some Emma Frost Fans swear up and down she is better than Jean or Rachel or Psylocke or MoonDragon or Pro.X etc TP user.

Don't Start No Stuff won't be no Stuff.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 08-04-2017 at 11:21 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    My guess? That poster has nothing to do.

For someone who is an Emma Frost Fan I wouldn't be going into a Storm thread posting about how "WE" people think writers are treating our character unfair. Especially when Emma Frost is marked as a Crazy Nut Job and EVERY X-Men wants her dead....Magneto included. LOL
    That's just the thing.

I'm a Storm fan. I have been for much longer than I ever knew Emma Frost existed.

I'm not saying Storm is crazy. I'm saying YOU People are mad as a hatter. Going on for pages and pages about how Storm can take on a character from DC comics, really!? There's NOTHING else to talk about? There's never anything else to talk about!?

Not like comparing storylines, favourite moments, which outfit was better, who's a better love interest....or goddess even fan fiction.

It's like opening a door and wanting to simply back out of it again.

You're arguing with EACH OTHER! Fellow Storm fans over the stupidest things that have no relevance.

I don't think that I'M the one who's bored.

That's just the thing.

I'm a Storm fan. I have been for much longer than I ever knew Emma Frost existed.

I'm not saying Storm is crazy. I'm saying YOU People are mad as a hatter. Going on for pages and pages about how Storm can take on a character from DC comics, really!? There's NOTHING else to talk about? There's never anything else to talk about!?

Not like comparing storylines, favourite moments, which outfit was better, who's a better love interest....or goddess even fan fiction.

You're arguing with EACH OTHER! Fellow Storm fans over the stupidest things that have no relevance.

Thing is all that's been done though lmao. Pitting her against other characters is the only thing that's of any entertainment. I for one enjoy the debates and different views each fan of Storm has and what they can bring to the table about other characters. Take even this for example I had no clue Mera was that powerful and I never would of known since I really don't check for DC. But now I can look more into her and what she's doing in the comics.

BANNED

It's called a DISCUSSION for a reason. Nobody is arguing with each other in here. We are merely talking and discussing about Storms control over water. And how she matches up to other Elemental Manipulators.

Ok? Nobody is forcing you to stay I mean if you have something to contribute please say something. If not then ignore the thread.

LOL What did you think this was?? It's called a Storm Appreciation for a reason. We can talk about whatever we want in here. And by your comment THAT bothers you? Lol oh stop it.

That's just the thing.

Oh really?? Hm interesting.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 08-04-2017 at 11:42 AM.