10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Does anyone here believe that Ororo can split an atom with her current powerset?
    Last edited by ZNOP; 08-04-2017 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Anyone here believes that Ororo can split an atom with her current powerset?
    Of course! After all she is more powerful than the one above ALL right my friend? (and for those in question I am being sarcastic.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PattiLaBelleStormfan View Post
    Of course! After all she is more powerful than the one above ALL right my friend? (and for those in question I am being sarcastic.)
    I wonder which title and issue Ororo is gonna destroy the shield surrounding the Earth is gonna be in
    Last edited by ZNOP; 08-04-2017 at 12:05 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    It's called a DISCUSSION for a reason. Nobody is arguing with each other in here. We are merely talking and discussing about Storms control over water. And how she matches up to other Elemental Manipulators.

Ok? Nobody is forcing you to stay I mean if you have something to contribute please say something. If not then ignore the thread.

LOL What did you think this was?? It's called a Storm Appreciation for a reason. We can talk about whatever we want in here. And by your comment THAT bothers you? Lol oh stop it.

Oh really?? Hm interesting.
    Even by your own admission you were "done" with the topic and wanted to move on from it...you weren't discussing you were all arguing.

I'm simply telling you it's off putting for other people who want to come in and talk about Storm and want to see her portrayed correctly, but walking into this thread puts people off when the "discussion" is so trivial

Does anyone here believe that Ororo can split an atom with her current powerset?
    https://www.seeker.com/thunderstorms...765059293.html

Thunderstorms are natural particle accelerators. They even create anti-matter! And that is just under normal, unguided conditions. She is after all, mistress of the elements!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    That's just the thing.

I'm a Storm fan. I have been for much longer than I ever knew Emma Frost existed.

I'm not saying Storm is crazy. I'm saying YOU People are mad as a hatter. Going on for pages and pages about how Storm can take on a character from DC comics, really!? There's NOTHING else to talk about? There's never anything else to talk about!?

Not like comparing storylines, favourite moments, which outfit was better, who's a better love interest....or goddess even fan fiction.

It's like opening a door and wanting to simply back out of it again.

You're arguing with EACH OTHER! Fellow Storm fans over the stupidest things that have no relevance.

I don't think that I'M the one who's bored.
    There's always room for healthy debate. What you guys witnessed were some strong disagreements. Besides establishING who Storm could potentially trounce is a riot. And I'm a Storm fans that loves feats. I make no apologies about that. Haters can kick rocks.
    I believe it's well within her powerset.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Stormphoenix, I love you and all, but I won't stand for you low balling Storm in this Mera debate. As Kyss and Yoga have pointed out, Storm should be capable of doing the same things with water that she does with air. So I'm saying she should absolutely be able to replicate all of the feats of Mera you posted. Real shit!
    Exactly!

Yes, I know. I've seen all of Storms feats with Water she is very skilled. Thank you. :--)
    But sadly it doesn't put her above Mera.

Ok, I think you misunderstood by that comparison. When i said "Mera controls water like how Storm controls winds" I mean that many feats Storm has done with the wind like; manipulating air in a person lungs, creating giant tornadoes, gale force torrents etc. Mera can do the same thing BUT with just Water. They're control over it is different. I've already acknowledged what Storm can do I already said Storm is decent in this realm of control.

Yes that's true, but again Storms control over Water is different than Mera. Ok good you understand that Mera's control over water is greater. That's what I'm trying to get people to see. Also, Yes Kyss I know those feats all the feats Storm has done with Water. Thus, why I make this statement. What Storm did to save her team yes that's brilliant. But it's different when someone can strip you and turn that Atmospheric Medium(in this case Water) against you.
    1.I never said that Storm would be Mera. My initial post was a question asking based upon the premise if Storm can control water akin to how she controls air, can we conclude that Mera's control over water is better? Like Yoga pointed out, Storm has done things on atomic level Mera has not done. One could argue that since Storm has done things on an atomic level then she could have "better" control. Not saying I agree, but my initial point was posing a question not declaring that Storm was better.

2. Storm has created gale force torrents and giant tornadoes with water. That is what she essentially did in the scans I provided to lift the shifts. She hasn't dehydrated anyone of their water or made constructs out of water (which this isn't true - she did do this when fighting the Trion) but even though it hasn't been shown often if ever, her powers should still allow her to do this. She also shaped the water droplets in the clouds during the Xmen fight with deluge to (what I believe) to allow cyclops energy needed for his power.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Some things I'd like to point out about Ororo's control over water:

1) She can see water as patterns of energy she can control. So, since controlling water is the same as controlling energy to her, how much water she can manipulate depends on how much energy she can control. Somebody mentioned Mera splitting the Atlantic Ocean and keeping it that way for days. I would argue Ororo could do this as well and then some given Ororo's much more impressive energy manipulation feats, but this aspect of her powers is simply ignored.

2) Somebody mentioned that Mera can creates shapes out of water. Well, clouds are huge collections of moisture and Storm can shape them into forms. I recall in the story where she meets Shetani, her evil uncle, where she whips a guy up in the air with her winds and scares him by shaping the clouds into angry-looking monsters. Not only this, but her control over surface tension would also indicate that she could water bend this way as well.

Anyway, I am not going to say for sure that Storm can or cannot beat Mera's control over water, but I wanted to throw these facts out there. Her control over moisture is rarely explored, however, given how this power has been defined and some of her feats in this area, I would not be surprised if she can beat out Mera's control over water if she really wanted to.
    Your first point is the point I was intending to make; that her manipulation of air and water is the same because it all is directly related to her manipulating the energy she perceives around her.

Yes.

And you people wonder why no one takes you seriously at CBR. Instead of arguing with writers about their lack of ideas for Storm as a character there are these completely random "Storm is better than *insert character* and here's a few panels supporting my opinion!"
    HOLD UP! First off I would highly recommend you not address posters who are fans of Storm in her forum like that. It is highly rude to come into a civil discussion and derail the topic in the manner you are doing. Didn't a Jean fan get banned for doing a similar thing in Emma's thread?

Furthermore, you must don't frequent these parts because we discuss a wide variety of things including the stuff you mentioned. However, there is nothing against CBR rules that state posters can't do this. We are appreciating her and if you don't like our form of appreciation there is no need to talk disparagingly about the posters here - just don't post. You commented about me fat shaming a fictional character the other day yet you come in here and shame real people without any remorse. It's actually quite hypocritical of you and it will not be tolerated. SO, stop with the insults and personal attacks. If you don't like what we are discussing you are free to go back to the fat cow's thread to discuss her continuing downward spiral into cuckoo land.

and by fat cow I mean Emma Frost:

I'm Done. I SWEAR I'm done. No Mera talk. But I

Just wanted to impart some clarity and wisdoms here.
    You don't have to be done. You are not doing anything wrong but expressing your opinion. Don't let one troll come in and ruin a lovely and civil discussion we are having.

That's just the thing.

I'm a Storm fan. I have been for much longer than I ever knew Emma Frost existed.

I'm not saying Storm is crazy. I'm saying YOU People are mad as a hatter. Going on for pages and pages about how Storm can take on a character from DC comics, really!? There's NOTHING else to talk about? There's never anything else to talk about!?

Not like comparing storylines, favourite moments, which outfit was better, who's a better love interest....or goddess even fan fiction.

It's like opening a door and wanting to simply back out of it again.

You're arguing with EACH OTHER! Fellow Storm fans over the stupidest things that have no relevance.

I don't think that I'M the one who's bored.
    Again, you have no right to come into an appreciation thread and dictate what type of discussions should be going on as long as what is occurring is appreciation. Please take your negativity back to the Emma thread before you get yourself banned. You are absolutely out of line and the disrespect you have brought in here is completely uncalled for.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-04-2017 at 12:31 PM.

BANNED

Even by your own admission you were "done" with the topic and wanted to move on from it...you weren't discussing you were all arguing.

I'm simply telling you it's off putting for other people who want to come in and talk about Storm and want to see her portrayed correctly, but walking into this thread puts people off when the "discussion" is so trivial
    You do realize that there are multiple topics broached on any given day. Just because you didn't like the topic at hand doesn't mean you were forced to keep it going. Why not interject with any of the valid topics to brought up after you accused of arguing? I'm sure one of us would've engaged you.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

what an underrated look. I loved that costume especially with the headpiece and as drawn by Kubert. Id love to see what a modern take on that would look like

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    what an underrated look. I loved that costume especially with the headpiece and as drawn by Kubert. Id love to see what a modern take on that would look like
    yea that actually is a very cute look!!! Love the color as well!

BANNED

one of my fav panels:
    Attachment 52575

I wonder which title and issue Ororo is gonna destroy the shield surrounding the Earth is gonna be in
    Oh wait now she has parted the earths magnetic field so she can def destroy the ozone layer lol. Okay i'm done throwing shade now.

one of my fav panels:
    Attachment 52575
    I LOVED this issue. And actually I really liked this little era. It was cool seeing the X-men broke and really going through real life issues.

Oh look; clouds intricately animated in various shapes. What are clouds made of again? Oh, yeah, that's right, WATER!

Attachment 52577

Attachment 52578

Oh look, in her freaking second story ever.

"It gathers the soldiers in like a LIVING THING..."
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

I miss the cat eyes