10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Storm is being better utilized in this series and its a shame that the X-verse isn't doing as much with her. I wouldn't mind Coates writing an X-men title with Storm leading it.
    I'd love to see him write a Storm-led X-Team, one that actually reflects the diversity of the world. Maybe:

Storm, Xorn, Karma, Daken, Flourish, Dust, and Gambit. Retool Thunderbird into Agni, or introduce a new Indian mutant.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

It's refreshing to see Storm just wearing casual clothes and not an xmen uniform.

Has Storm ever been shown to train/spar with Iceman?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yes and Storm won.

Iceman came to her and asked for help with his powers back in the 90's, but they never showed them training.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Yes and Storm won.
    when and where did this occur?

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Iceman came to her and asked for help with his powers back in the 90's, but they never showed them training.
    thatts a shame. Its too bad they didnt show it with the younger Iceman when he enrolled at the JGS

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PattiLaBelleStormfan View Post
    It's time to petition for Coates and Harvey to write a Storm ongoing! This one will not fail!
    Id sign it if written by a rational Storm fan, I think Storm deserves another chance at a solo since they are doing absolutely nothing with her in Gold. Gold is actually my least fav new title im loving Astonishing really wish she was apart of that team.
    Last edited by StormDisciple; 08-17-2017 at 05:42 PM.

when and where did this occur?

thatts a shame. Its too bad they didnt show it with the younger Iceman when he enrolled at the JGS
    I do remember one instance where Storm and Bobby were fighting someone and Storm said something like "Bobby as we trained. Adjust your powers to mine"....can't remember the issue number though. I feel like it was during Fatal Attraction or some crossover...but not 100% sure
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I can remember some such scene as well. I don't like though. There are plenty of instances of them operating independently. Iceman doesn't need Storm to summon water into the air, he's made plenty of giant ice constructs on his own. Storm doesn't need Iceman to freeze anything, as she can do that on her own.

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I do remember one instance where Storm and Bobby were fighting someone and Storm said something like "Bobby as we trained. Adjust your powers to mine"....can't remember the issue number though. I feel like it was during Fatal Attraction or some crossover...but not 100% sure
    Maybe it was during the Amazing run since they were on the same team, the one where Storm could do nothing because there was no atmosphere or something like that.

It was X-Force 16, during the X-Cutioner's Song crossover. Storm created a heavy blanket of air moisture and Iceman froze it instantly to stop Caliban. I don't really see why one needed the other though. They both could have accomplished the same thing independently. Maybe it was just "faster" when they worked together I guess.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I did, good read. Just makes you mad to see this book canceled.
    indeed my dear. indeed.

I read it an enjoyed it. I'm upset this series is ending. I like all the heroes involved and I find the story/plot to be very interesting. I also like the art. The characterizations are spot on for me. Coates really knows how to capture Storm's voice and presence.

I also like the fact that its a title about Black heroes in Harlem facing real issues like gentrification.

Storm is being better utilized in this series and its a shame that the X-verse isn't doing as much with her. I wouldn't mind Coates writing an X-men title with Storm leading it.
    I went to Harlem s few months back and I was struck by how gentrified the area was. I just thought there would be do many black people just kicking it. but when I saw a cafe filled with white people having a late brunch across from a black church having a service outside (while casual whites recorded their service with their phones I was shocked and honestly just saddened). I do approach that Coates (whether u love it hate him) has addressed such issues in a comic book. so many people always put storm dine because she never seemed black enough meaning not caring about black issues and living in a 616 America I can't imagine she wouldn't be involved in Black lives trying to help their issues. it's writes like pak and more specifically Coates who write her in an aware and present fashion and I appreciate them for that.

I also liked Storm's freezing feat. I like that throughout this series Storm has demonstrated abilities beyond just lightning. I like the whirlwind feat she did in issue #2
    agreed Coates has done me proud as a storm fan

u talking bout this

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I can remember some such scene as well. I don't like though. There are plenty of instances of them operating independently. Iceman doesn't need Storm to summon water into the air, he's made plenty of giant ice constructs on his own. Storm doesn't need Iceman to freeze anything, as she can do that on her own.

agreed
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-17-2017 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    It was X-Force 16, during the X-Cutioner's Song crossover. Storm created a heavy blanket of air moisture and Iceman froze it instantly to stop Caliban. I don't really see why one needed the other though. They both could have accomplished the same thing independently. Maybe it was just "faster" when they worked together I guess.
    Thanks!

hey babies...

how fast u think Storm had to be going to pull this off

she giving me superman/super saiyan tease. lol

kidding before some fanbase other than storms flips their wig goes on a rant lol.. but I think she was going pretty fast

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I just think the writer wanted to show them working together