• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by AdvanceBushido View Post
    Very well said. So you write?

Some of us should make our own Storm comic book.
    Many thanks.

I toy with the idea of writing/illustrating some Storm-centric material, but I don't want to get attacked by Dis-Marvel, like that kid who did the awesome X-Men animations last year.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Storm should regularly fly at mach 5 but she can fly faster whenever she wants to.
    She rides the winds. She probably shouldn't fly faster than the wind's carrying her, and the maximum recorded real world wind speed is 195 MPH (for the fastest recorded Cat 5 hurricanes), which is closer to a quarter of Mach 1 (which varies based on altitude and temperature, but averages around 700 MPH) than Mach 5!

I'm fine with her winds being unnaturally fast, more so than any earthly hurricane, but Mach 5 is over the top. Even 250 MPH would still be amazing and unearthly.

She was kickass and cool when she had no super-powers at all. Letting her fly at ludicrous speed isn't going to make her cooler.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    She rides the winds. She probably shouldn't fly faster than the wind's carrying her, and the maximum recorded real world wind speed is 195 MPH (for the fastest recorded Cat 5 hurricanes), which is closer to a quarter of Mach 1 (which varies based on altitude and temperature, but averages around 700 MPH) than Mach 5!

I'm fine with her winds being unnaturally fast, more so than any earthly hurricane, but Mach 5 is over the top. Even 250 MPH would still be amazing and unearthly.

She was kickass and cool when she had no super-powers at all. Letting her fly at ludicrous speed isn't going to make her cooler.

She doesn't ride the wind. If you think it that way, then you might as well say the cape can help her fly better and faster.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AdvanceBushido View Post
    Very well said. So you write?

Some of us should make our own Storm comic book.
    I already have a lot of ideas/stories for a Storm ongoing solo, there will be two writers, me and another writer but I'll be the head writer so I tell the other writer what should be the scripts and stories cos well, you all know I need help when it comes to English.

And my artist will be Deodato Jr.

I've planned everything if ever I'll have the chance of writing a Storm ongoing solo, from variant covers, promoting the comic ( like requesting Loot Crate to get the first issue as part of their Loot Crate kits, etc.)

And the first issue will be the most special because it will show hundreds of Marvel characters (breaking Deadpool comics record of having most characters in one comic), more than 15 variant covers, and the first issue will include a cool Storm lanyard and a mini Storm calendar card.

Anyway, please don't forget to participate who you want to be the members of the New Fantastic Four here: http://community.comicbookresources....Roster-Round-3
    Last edited by RLAAMJR.; 08-20-2017 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

There is too much on page proof that her speeds are closer to Mach 5 than they are to 250 MPH. So it's already established she can break the sound barrier with relative ease because it was shown on panel. And the wind and her speed riding it are two different things. If you haven't I'd recommend skimming over the last few pages as we discuss her speed and give references and issue numbers as to where she's done such feats.

BANNED

So she's faster than Archangel?

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    So she's faster than Archangel?
    Always has been.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by PattiLaBelleStormfan View Post
    There is too much on page proof that her speeds are closer to Mach 5 than they are to 250 MPH. So it's already established she can break the sound barrier with relative ease because it was shown on panel. And the wind and her speed riding it are two different things. If you haven't I'd recommend skimming over the last few pages as we discuss her speed and give references and issue numbers as to where she's done such feats.
    Wolverine has survived being melted down to his skeleton and being caught in a nuclear explosion multiple times on panel. Try defending this idea about HIS power levels and you are branded an idiot. The thought that Storm could react to anything at this speed would call for a lot of rationalization. She does not think with Speed-force-esque rapidity. If she tried to actually travel to a certain destination she would overshoot it by like a continent. She may have a pressurized air bubble or whatever around her and a psionic connection to the weather systems, but last time I checked the X-Men used the Blackbird most of the time for travel. Considering the SR-71 had a TOP SPEED of only Mach 3.3 what was the point of that? They should have been just hanging on to Ororo's ankles all the time. They would have saved a fortune on fuel. Ask a pilot if they can dog fight at Mach 5. Any kind of maneuver other than flying in a straight line should result in her being ripped to pieces.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PlotDevice View Post
    Wolverine has survived being melted down to his skeleton and being caught in a nuclear explosion multiple times on panel. Try defending this idea about HIS power levels and you are branded an idiot. The thought that Storm could react to anything at this speed would call for a lot of rationalization. She does not think with Speed-force-esque rapidity. If she tried to actually travel to a certain destination she would overshoot it by like a continent. She may have a pressurized air bubble or whatever around her and a psionic connection to the weather systems, but last time I checked the X-Men used the Blackbird most of the time for travel. Considering the SR-71 had a TOP SPEED of only Mach 3.3 what was the point of that? They should have been just hanging on to Ororo's ankles all the time. They would have saved a fortune on fuel. Ask a pilot if they can dog fight at Mach 5. Any kind of maneuver other than flying in a straight line should result in her being ripped to pieces.
    it's a comicbook so it doesn't have to make sense.

but in short all storm could do is bend the elements to compensate for friction and resistances due to flying at that speed. the fact remains she has been shown to fly/move fast enough to break sound barrier.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 08-21-2017 at 03:46 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    it's a comcbook or doesn't have to make sense.

but in short all storm could do is bend the elements to compensate for friction and resistances due to flying at that speed. the fact remains she has been shown to fly/move fast enough to break sound barrier.
    She rode the Lightning correct? Because that's what happened.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Always has been.
    So Storm's speed level should be 6?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    She rode the Lightning correct? Because that's what happened.
    i believe it was lightning dye to lightning visuals and thunder sound, but it wasn't really clear.

i believe it was lightning dye to lightning visuals and thunder sound, but it wasn't really clear.
    I also assumed it was lightning, as she wouldn't have significant amounts of air to push her pass the speed of sound while in an underground cave.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I also assumed it was lightning, as she wouldn't have significant amounts of air to push her pass the speed of sound while in an underground cave.
    I think she did ride the Lightning to get out. Because we have to remember she was trapped underground without much air so she wasn't able to just fly out their that fast. Case in point where Storm says "I had to move very fast" Then we saw a huge Lightning bolt and then Storm appeared above her teammates.

I'm going to say yes she did ride the Lightning out of there to escape. The sound barrier was an after shock.

BANNED

She didn't ride a lightning. She became a lightning.