10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

I think you'll love it. Certain Storm fans can safely and logically make some pretty big assumptions based on the images we were shown in today's issue of #BlackPanther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    I think you'll love it. Certain Storm fans can safely and logically make some pretty big assumptions based on the images we were shown in today's issue of #BlackPanther.
    Yup!!! I got my assumptions. And they are looking PRETTY FACTUAL. When I add connections to other Storm Cannon.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Haha no worries. You can post them. I don't mind spoliers but always safe to use the spoiler tags.
    *sigh* Never mind I'll wait till you get it. Just let me know when you finished it.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 08-30-2017 at 06:50 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Yup!!! I got my assumptions. Which the more I read it and the more I add connections to other Storm mythos it's becoming fact LOL.

*sigh* Never mind I'll wait till you get it. Just let me know when you finished it.
    Me, too. Jwatson really opened my eyes to the potential holes Coates plugged with this story. Every Storm fan should give Coates an honest read. He really does her justice. And you should be pleasantly surprised with just how many notes he touches in her backstory. This isn't an X-book, but he's done his X-homework. If you give his work an honest read you'll get why he's getting the response he's getting. Current X-writers who are getting paid to write her status quo can't be bothered. That's the problem. Coates is doing things he's doesn't have to.

BANNED

Me, too. Jwatson really opened my eyes to the potential holes Coates plugged with this story. Every Storm fan should give Coates an honest read. He really does her justice. And you should be pleasantly surprised with just how many notes he touches in her backstory. This isn't an X-book, but he's done his X-homework. If you give his work an honest read you'll get why he's getting the response he's getting. Current X-writers who are getting paid to write her status quo can't be bothered. That's the problem. Coates is doing things he's doesn't have to.
    Most definitely. However, my FREAKING PROBLEM is that dumb Guggenheim will negate all of what Coates just did today. -_- I'm not jynxing it, but BP #17 goes against everything he's doing in XGold. Sure Give Rachel a power up and Ms. Kitty I can do everything. But make Moppy Storm as just flying around.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 08-30-2017 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I'm not trying to be rude but how can you comment on what's been missing from a title when you admittedly have not been following it? storm has been shown as soft and compassionate (check bp issue 15 as well issues from her shlwings I'm bp&c) as well as fiery and passionate (bp&c issue 1 and 2 and bp issues 15-17). Storm, under Coates/Harvey have explored her ties to Harlem outside the xmen, her drive to fight for innocent and people in need whether they live in New York or Harlem, explored her trying to deal with her feelings for tchalla and how it affects her, as well as her ties to godship. you say the xmen have her doing a lot if stuff but please tell me what stuff you are referring to that doesn't have a running a school from behind a desk? maybe I've been reading the wrong xmen books I could be invorrect.
    Yes. I saw the Harlem stuff. The portrayal was... imaginative. The ineptitude of the x-office aside I find that Coates' take is too political pointed. A good x-author makes a political point with subtlety, not a constant jackhammering to the skull. Perhaps it has improved since the early books of BP&TC where I lost interest. I'll give the more recent books a read.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Most definitely. However, my FREAKING PROBLEM is that dumb Guggenheim will negate all of what Coates just did today. -_- I'm not jynxing it, but BP #17 goes against everything he's doing in XGold. Sure Give Rachel a power up and Ms. Kitty I can do everything. But make Moppy Storm as just flying around.
    Guggenheim is writing fanfiction at this point. The more we ignore it the better off we'll be. He should be ashamed that Coates can actually be bothered to make her relevant to the stories he writes her into. Add in the fact that Coates can actually play along with writers that he's currently sharing her with. Guggenheim should really get a clue and hold on with both hands. He should never let go.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

It was under Warren Ellis' pen. The issue where she returned in her white bikini cap and stripper boots lol. The issue where she told Emma that she got tired of constant love-making and guilt free shopping and that no one in Wakanda would argue with her. In that same conversation Storm broke down all of her new titles now that she was a married Wakandan bride.
    lolol ok I remember the issue don't have the scan though

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Hey Kyss <3. I don't have the issue just yet. Its on its way to me as we speak. Your posts have me excited to read it. It must have been awesome! I haven't seen any other posts on Secret Empire (which I shouldn't even be surprised) and nothing yet on BP&C
    i hope you enjoy it. I really did and can't wait for your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Yes. I saw the Harlem stuff. The portrayal was... imaginative. The ineptitude of the x-office aside I find that Coates' take is too political pointed. A good x-author makes a political point with subtlety, not a constant jackhammering to the skull. Perhaps it has improved since the early books of BP&TC where I lost interest. I'll give the more recent books a read.
    i don't mind this because many critics of storm have argued she hasn't tackled issues that you would expect her to tackle as it relates to black people. I do agree a more subtle approach is always nicer than the constant "message" approach but I don't feel Coates was too heavy handed. I think it's refreshing to see someone take interest in her ties outside the xmen and it makes her "human" and relatable.

now I am still curious as to the lots of things she has done in xmen.. lol

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Everyone is mentioning Coates, but I wanted to give a shout out to Yona Harvey. I thought the even numbered issues best captured Storm's voice and Harvey deserves credit for that.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    now I am still curious as to the lots of things she has done in xmen.. lol
    Although I disliked much of EXM under Lemire's pen I did appreciate his take on Storm in EXM 17 & 20 specifically. I wish he wouldn't have depicted her as so lost most of the time but I did seem some good moments, especially in those two books. Storm is best storm when she is the avatar of hope. I think the end of Life\Death II is where this really solidified her voice for me. EXM 20 felt like a return to that. In the modern era there hasn't been a lot of those moments but that's been true for Cyke, Jean (when not dirt napping), Beast, Logan, Betsy, etc. You have to hunt and peck for any good moments. I think Pak had some great moment with her as well but the book just couldn't get any traction. Now they've buried her in Gold to prop up Kitty but that's another story.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Everyone is mentioning Coates, but I wanted to give a shout out to Yona Harvey. I thought the even numbered issues best captured Storm's voice and Harvey deserves credit for that.
    yes agreed!!! she deserves her due as well. I believe she wrote issue #2 of bp&c which was very well done!

Although I disliked much of EXM under Lemire's pen I did appreciate his take on Storm in EXM 17 & 20 specifically. I wish he wouldn't have depicted her as so lost most of the time but I did seem some good moments, especially in those two books. Storm is best storm when she is the avatar of hope. I think the end of Life\Death II is where this really solidified her voice for me. EXM 20 felt like a return to that. In the modern era there hasn't been a lot of those moments but that's been true for Cyke, Jean (when not dirt napping), Beast, Logan, Betsy, etc. You have to hunt and peck for any good moments. I think Pak had some great moment with her as well but the book just couldn't get any traction. Now they've buried her in Gold to prop up Kitty but that's another story.
    I'm gonna read those issues and be opened minded. I didn't like exm for the reason u mentioned but I will go and check.these out to see more of what u mean.

and gold I'm not even going near that trash title lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Absolutely. Our girl Yona Harvey definitely deserves her due praise. Miss lovely has been bringing her serious A-game. I'll throw her name in the ring for a Storm solo as well.

EXM 17 is quite possibly the best Storm issue of the last decade. I hated the run and wasnt a fan ofher in it but man that issue did wonders for her

so I just read both issues and those stories though emotional didbt do anything we already don't know about storm. 17 had some greatest hits references with her seeing the death of a child giving her the push to go to war. however throughout the whole issue she questions herself and her team does as well.

20 she was barely even there. so if these are the examples of storm doing plenty of stuff I don't see how this compares to what Coates has done in the issues he has focused on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    EXM 17 is quite possibly the best Storm issue of the last decade. I hated the run and wasnt a fan ofher in it but man that issue did wonders for her
    literally all she did was decide to go to war after witnessing a young child die. other than giving her the backbone to do what she should had already done what did this issue do in terms of her character or power. storm has always been strong and the emotions shown of that issue isn't anything new.