10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Lol Storm has been given those "Yin" moments under #TeamBlackPanther. This is the absolute first time under this particular creative team that we've been given an Uber-powerful-canon-supported-unbridled show of The All-Goddess, Ororo Komo Wakandas, The Walker of Clouds, La Reine Storm, The Goddess who Preserves the Balance of all Natural Things, Ororo Iqadi T'Challa, The Queen of Prophecy, Hadari Yao, The Bright Lady, The Rightful Queen of Wakanda. This is who Claremont, Yost, Pak, Hudlin and now Coates all wrote her to be. So it is written, so shall it be.
    Huh, I collects trades, so I am a bit behind the lot of you, if so I look forward to these arcs.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    Its not really about the spirit realm as about the expression of power and of "Full Potential".

A lot of fans seem to believe

is the way to go, MOAR feats, GOLD LEVEL, SUPER-POWER-NINJA-TURBO-NEO-ULTRA-HYPER-MEGA-MULTI-ALPHA-META-EXTRA C-C-C-COMBO! is the best way to go.

rather than, more "Yin" route.
    I know what you mean, but I'm Storms case we have been given hints to her God Hood and , Limitless power and when we finally get it. I wanna see what how much power she has. Storm already has exceeded and gone above and beyond just in her human form. So in a way yes Full potential to me is using your powers to the full extent. "Unlimited Power!!!" Is included.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I know what you mean, but I'm Storms case we have been given hints to her God Hood and , Limitless power and when we finally get it. I wanna see what how much power she has. Storm already has exceeded and gone above and beyond just in her human form. So in a way yes Full potential to me is using your powers to the full extent. "Unlimited Power!!!" Is included.
    and you know what else? I'm so over the talk of potential unlimited power or potential omega blah blah. let's see this actually explored with actual showings from canon. save her solo, when have we seen this touched upon? Coates opened this from potential to reality and I think all storm fans should be super excited by this.

Just watch out for the everything becomes nothing conundrum, The Crisis event with Super boy Prime. I remember being apathetic when superman fought him in the end. Ohhh you rammed him through Sol, and into several asteroid clusters. So you went from earth to the sun(1 AU)....then from the sun to the asteroid belt? (4.2 au)

for a total of 5.2 au's in one fight over...5 maybe 6 panels?

one AU is now defined as exactly 149597870700 meters (about 150 million kilometers, or 93 million miles).

Eh, so this fight is boring and stupid.

Escalation is a double edged sword.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yaaaaaaaasssssssss!!!! I so love reading your posts!!! they give me so much life
    Likewise, likewise. Baby, I knew it was on when I saw your post telling everyone to go check the issue. I closed my browser with the quickness and logged into Comixology. Once the issue downloaded and I read the words "what else should we take from the return of the Queen?" I was done. And it only got better from there. I haven't stopped rejoicing since. I think I may be the biggest T'roro shipper here. I refuse to let anyone blow my candles out so theirs can shine brighter. I'm am in complete awe of Coates right now. I mean, seriously? The All-Goddess, Ororo Komo Wakandas, The Walker of Clouds, La Reine Storm, The Goddess who Preserves the Balance of all Natural Things, Ororo Iqadi T'Challa, The Queen of Prophecy, Hadari Yao, The Bright Lady, The Rightful Queen of Wakanda has returned to the throne! All-Goddes be praised! My prayers have seriously been answered. This isn't a game for me.

Just watch out for the everything becomes nothing conundrum, The Crisis event with Super boy Prime. I remember being apathetic when superman fought him in the end. Ohhh you rammed him through Sol, and into several asteroid clusters. So you went from earth to the sun(1 AU)....then from the sun to the asteroid belt? (4.2 au)

for a total of 5.2 au's in one fight over...5 maybe 6 panels?

one AU is now defined as exactly 149597870700 meters (about 150 million kilometers, or 93 million miles).

Eh, so this fight is boring and stupid.

Escalation is a double edged sword.
    not sure i get what you are saying. do u mean we should be careful in wanting to see storm get upgrades power boosts?

not sure i get what you are saying. do u mean we should be careful in wanting to see storm get upgrades power boosts?
    essentially, anime fans call it Shonen Battle Manga Problem, if a ceiling is not established. You go from tactical imaginative fights, to who can summon Godzilla and or drop a moon on you.

Somehow i feel .. Storm was/is one of these gods who got curious and left..I'm too tired to go full on theorist.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

essentially, anime fans call it Shonen Battle Manga Problem, if a ceiling is not established. You go from tactical imaginative fights, to who can summon Godzilla and or drop a moon on you.
    and that's why i posed my original question. What do you think she should be able to do with this "divine power?" For me, I wouldn't want to see it all the time and only called upon when faced against unnatural insurmountable circumstances. And maybe even then it doesn't help to stop whatever the threat is.

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    Somehow i feel .. Storm was/is one of these gods who got curious and left..I'm too tired to go full on theorist.
    boo you need to rest up. but when you have finally done so i need to get an explanation as to what you thought of the issue and what you meant by your curious and left statement.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    Maybe Ayesha was one of the gods that left before Wakanda came to be known as "Wakanda"? That would give Storm and her bloodline ties to Wakandan culture. And it would further intertwine she and T'Challa.

BANNED

It would be better if she had been an actual Storm that the Gods gave life to in a human form as a reward or something.

BANNED

and that's why i posed my original question. What do you think she should be able to do with this "divine power?" For me, I wouldn't want to see it all the time and only called upon when faced against unnatural insurmountable circumstances. And maybe even then it doesn't help to stop whatever the threat is.
    Maybe "Bright Lady Mode" is an extension of her energy sight? Think about it. When she uses her energy sight, she shifts her perspective so that her reality is made up of a myriad of energies. All of which are her to command. What if "Bright Lady Mode" just allows her to become one with all of reality and harness that energy thru her body. Which then is reflected outward as the ray of light?

Maybe Ayesha was one of the gods that left before Wakanda came to be known as "Wakanda"? That would give Storm and her bloodline ties to Wakandan culture. And it would further intertwine she and T'Challa.
    oh i see what Mal meant with his response. Ok.

This could also explain her bloodline being linked back to the white-haired women as the start of time as well.

Likewise, likewise. Baby, I knew it was on when I saw your post telling everyone to go check the issue. I closed my browser with the quickness and logged into Comixology. Once the issue downloaded and I read the words "what else should we take from the return of the Queen?" I was done. And it only got better from there. I haven't stopped rejoicing since. I think I may be the biggest T'roro shipper here. I refuse to let anyone blow my candles out so theirs can shine brighter. I'm am in complete awe of Coates right now. I mean, seriously? The All-Goddess, Ororo Komo Wakandas, The Walker of Clouds, La Reine Storm, The Goddess who Preserves the Balance of all Natural Things, Ororo Iqadi T'Challa, The Queen of Prophecy, Hadari Yao, The Bright Lady, The Rightful Queen of Wakanda has returned to the throne! All-Goddes be praised! My prayers have seriously been answered. This isn't a game for me.

LOLOL you got me rolling over here. I am glad I am not the only one who is T'choro fan! It's crazy because I feel like I get attacked from Storm fans as well as BP fans for wanting these two together. But all praise be to the Hadari Yao because I could give two F&*KS!!! lol

Maybe "Bright Lady Mode" is an extension of her energy sight? Think about it. When she uses her energy sight, she shifts her perspective so that her reality is made up of a myriad of energies. All of which are her to command. What if "Bright Lady Mode" just allows her to become one with all of reality and harness that energy thru her body. Which then is reflected outward as the ray of light?
    you may be on to something there. everything is composed of energy so her being able to harness this all and do whatever would be insane.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    It would be better if she had been an actual Storm that the Gods gave life to in a human form as a reward or something.
    you mean like her origin story?

and that's why i posed my original question. What do you think she should be able to do with this "divine power?" For me, I wouldn't want to see it all the time and only called upon when faced against unnatural insurmountable circumstances. And maybe even then it doesn't help to stop whatever the threat is. .
    Truthfully I can't say, 11th hour superpowers can so often get abused by disinterested/lazy writers or fans who become writers who use it as a crutch, Jean Grey and the Phoenix force. But "Divine Power" can be a great literary tool to open up and abundance of stories. Imagine if she can become the "Avatar The Last Airbender" of Marvels Africa, bringing it's peoples legends, stories, theme's in a modern setting. Mwindo, Sundita, Ise Bere and his opponent the dragon...The Black Snake Bida, hell Anansi, Osebo, and expand out a cast of characters akin to Loki, and the Enchantress.

Or she can end up like Goku.