• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Didnt Kitty boot up a Storm Doombot in Gold?

it would very much seem like it. so I need you guys help seriously.

didn't kitty ask ororo to stay with the team because she needed her? 10 issues what exactly has she done to help? I seriously need to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    That would explain so much. The real Storm is hanging with T'Challa, while Stormbot zap stuff with lightning and randomly kiss people

I think you need a gold star.
    She has no personality and little agency in Gold. I actually would prefer if Guggenheim revealed she was a Doombat

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    it would very much seem like it. so I need you guys help seriously.

didn't kitty ask ororo to stay with the team because she needed her? 10 issues what exactly has she done to help? I seriously need to understand.
    Not a damn thing

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She has no personality and little agency in Gold. I actually would prefer if Guggenheim revealed she was a Doombat

Not a damn thing
    lmfao... at the not a damn thing.

and I think a doombot reveal would be the best thing to salvage any credibility that he has as a writer to me. but there are still other characters outside if storm who being written poorly as well. really sad how far the stories have fallen.

I just read BP&tC #6 and BP #17 and I enjoyed them both. Simply put: Coates. Gets. Storm. He really captures her voice and presence. It's so refreshing to read this portrayal of Storm again. I am upset the The Crew is coming to an end. I really enjoyed that story and I liked the line-up. Misty and Storm were great together. Storm in Wakanda again is great. I liked the faith the people had in her abilities. I also like how she was the only one who did not need some sort of technical device to resist the telepathic attacks. Once she was aware she put a stop to that.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I just read BP&tC #6 and BP #17 and I enjoyed them both. Simply put: Coates. Gets. Storm. He really captures her voice and presence. It's so refreshing to read this portrayal of Storm again. I am upset the The Crew is coming to an end. I really enjoyed that story and I liked the line-up. Misty and Storm were great together. Storm in Wakanda again is great. I liked the faith the people had in her abilities. I also like how she was the only one who did not need some sort of technical device to resist the telepathic attacks. Once she was aware she put a stop to that.
    yes he does!

what are your thoughts on her new upgrade in power?

yes he does!

what are your thoughts on her new upgrade in power?
    TBH, I'm not 100% convinced its a new ability just yet. The way I read the scene, I thought the faith the Wakandan people have in Storm really boosted Storm's confidence & will and so that gave her the motivation/determination/will to overcome the unnatural storm over Alkama.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Just picked up my my latest issue and Gold1-10
    And alot of your ideas are awsome.

This new power.

I think the major emphasis on the "Walker of clouds" aka Windrider could be at play. Are we about to explore the lore of her mystical side? Is this where this new abilities come from?
    That's what I'm anticipating. Something about her mother's sacred bloodline is gonna be revealed. What if her Warlord Uncle manipulates his way into Wakanda to obtain some power for himself?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    Storm is in gold? Never seen her there
    Yes. What reason do we have to look there for her? Is she being added to the roster in a later issue? Lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    That would explain so much. The real Storm is hanging with T'Challa, while Stormbot zap stuff with lightning and randomly kiss people

I think you need a gold star.
    lol Let's hope Marvel would do is this kindness.
    Yes! Coates totally gets her voice. This is just quite the treat for us. It really is.

BANNED

TBH, I'm not 100% convinced its a new ability just yet. The way I read the scene, I thought the faith the Wakandan people have in Storm really boosted Storm's confidence & will and so that gave her the motivation/determination/will to overcome the unnatural storm over Alkama.
    Storm's own words seems to go against that and more toward Storm becoming the Bright Lady. She clearly say "the power I glimpsed to today... the power of faith and divinity." So her own words coupled with illustration of her quelling the "unnatural storm" that "wasn't even of their world". Coates and company left very little room for interpretation. They pretty much left us bread crumbs to find our way home.

got it.

so here's the thing. storm to my knowledge has never been shown to manipulate unnatural weather:

this was a sentient storm that she attempted to disperse and it backfired:

here her powers are disrupted by power due to dark magic:

so from canon ororo has difficulty with unnatural energies not of this world. in the case of BP 17 this wasn't just an unnatural storm. this storm was a result of a new manevolent god. this is why ororo originally told the wakandan who sought her help that she couldn't help him. so to take control of a storm created by a god would require an equivalent or greater godly power to do so. this indicates that a new power was employed as shown when she said the following:

"This power I glimpsed today. The power of faith and DIVINITY". This part is the most important because from this, one, it clearly states divinity or divine power was needed (along with faith) to do away with the storm and, two, she mentioned she glimpsed it signaling this is potentially the first time she has wielded such power. I can't recall a time on her own power where she became divine or used divine power in canon. So from this I think it's pretty clear the power she controlled here was new to her and most importantly not only new but divine!!
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-02-2017 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Storm's own words seems to go against that and more toward Storm becoming the Bright Lady. She clearly say "the power I glimpsed to today... the power of faith and divinity." So her own words coupled with illustration of her quelling the "unnatural storm" that "wasn't even of their world". Coates and company left very little room for interpretation. They pretty much left us bread crumbs to find our way home.
    boo we are always on the same page. where our twerk music lol
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-02-2017 at 12:17 AM.

BANNED

boo we are always on the same page. where are twerk music lol
    I tell all my hoes. Rake it up. Break it down. Bag it up! But yes you elaborated on the points that mattered and you provided scans to back it up!

I tell all my hoes. Rake it up. Break it down. Bag it up! But yes you elaborated on the points that mattered and you provided scans to back it up!
    Lil Bad Cloud walker b*tch but she mixed wit Hadari
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    Lil Bad Cloud walker b*tch but she mixed wit Hadari
    y'all got me over here trying twerk for real. love rake it up!!

BANNED

Twerk it like Celine Dion.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Twerk it like Celine Dion.
    How do i delete this post
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡