14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    How do i delete this post
    Buwahahahahahaha.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    got it.

so here's the thing. storm to my knowledge has never been shown to manipulate unnatural weather:

this was a sentient storm that she attempted to disperse and it backfired:

here her powers are disrupted by power due to dark magic:

so from canon ororo has difficulty with unnatural energies not of this world. in the case of BP 17 this wasn't just an unnatural storm. this storm was a result of a new manevolent god. this is why ororo originally told the wakandan who sought her help that she couldn't help him. so to take control of a storm created by a god would require an equivalent or greater godly power to do so. this indicates that a new power was employed as shown when she said the following:

"This power I glimpsed today. The power of faith and DIVINITY". This part is the most important because from this, one, it clearly states divinity or divine power was needed (along with faith) to do away with the storm and, two, she mentioned she glimpsed it signaling this is potentially the first time she has wielded such power. I can't recall a time on her own power where she became divine or used divine power in canon. So from this I think it's pretty clear the power she controlled here was new to her and most importantly not only new but divine!!
    Those scans you posted where Ororo could not control "unnatural" weather were PIS, though. Storm has always been able to control the elements in artificial environments even from the start. For an exact instance of this, read the X-Treme issue where Khan took her back to his interdimensional fortress to mend her broken body. Even while unconscious, she was able to control the artificial environment in his base to the amazement of everyone present. On top of this, there was an annual where Margali created a mystical representation of Dante's Hell. Everything about that place was mystical and Storm was able to control the elements there. Also, when Shaman used a weather spell against the X-Men, Ororo doubled the power of his elemental creation and turned it back upon him. There was nothing he could do to stop her either.

That said, I agree with you completely about her tapping into a new power in this story. She tapped into her inner "goddess" through the belief of those who put their faith in her.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Those scans you posted where Ororo could not control "unnatural" weather were PIS, though. Storm has always been able to control the elements in artificial environments even from the start. For an exact instance of this, read the X-Treme issue where Khan took her back to his interdimensional fortress to mend her broken body. Even while unconscious, she was able to control the artificial environment in his base to the amazement of everyone present. On top of this, there was an annual where Margali created a mystical representation of Dante's Hell. Everything about that place was mystical and Storm was able to control the elements there. Also, when Shaman used a weather spell against the X-Men, Ororo doubled the power of his elemental creation and turned it back upon him. There was nothing he could do to stop her either.

That said, I agree with you completely about her tapping into a new power in this story. She tapped into her inner "goddess" through the belief of those who put their faith in her.
    i was talking to a a dear friend of these parts from a while ago and he mentioned some similar things. maybe the term that needs to be emphasized is that the storms were derived from a divine power, hence making unnatural. being able to stop this power would then take an equally or stronger godly power

BANNED

i was talking to a a dear friend of these parts from a while ago and he mentioned some similar things. maybe the term that needs to be emphasized is that the storms were derived from a divine power, hence making unnatural. being able to stop this power would then take an equally or stronger godly power
    I agree with that. Also, on top of this, she was able to reach across dimensions to shut these storms down.

BANNED

I agree with rutog98. And Storm should already know that if she does this or that , that it will backfire. Im actually wondering why Storm would be hurt when the weather that she was trying to manipulate is outside her body.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I agree with rutog98. And Storm should already know that if she does this or that , that it will backfire. Im actually wondering why Storm would be hurt when the weather that she was trying to manipulate is outside her body.
    I think the only other time i can remember Storm doing something similar is in Uncanny X-men 386. The storm was completely natural though but they were in the ocean and the winds were battering the boat and she couldn't stop it then she shouted out and instantly the entire storm went dead silent and the tides stopped. I'll try to post scans.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    Lil Bad Cloud walker b*tch but she mixed wit Hadari
    Lmao you a damn trip!
    y'all got me over here trying twerk for real. love rake it up!!
    Rake It up is that work!

Rutog I love you popped into my mind specifically while reading BP #17. I feel all your theorizing hasn't been in vain. Coates is low-key on your same wavelength. Would it be safe to say you two view her in the same light? I know after this issue I'm totally down for whatever direction her has Storm running in.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    What's the issue number? The girl mentions Storm being hurt. What happened? Why's she so exhausted?

BANNED

In not-so-different news, I think it's cute that the usual suspects that poke fun at us for prescibing ungodly feats to Storm, they're silent. *crickets* They haven't touched this thread since, and if they have, its only been to lurk. Boom, Bitch! The only question that remains is, can Storm make it rain on the sun? My answer: "Let's go ask, Coates. And after we ask him, you and your merry band of trolls can go drink a tall glass of shut the fuck up!" *all the while I'm directing them to Black Panther #17*

BANNED

Let's just hope Guggenheim doesn't mess this up(which he will some way)

BANNED

Question... Has Ororo ever had to fight Zeus for any reason?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Question... Has Ororo ever had to fight Zeus for any reason?
    The ONLY Gods or Beings that Storm has opposed (TO MY KNOWLEDGE)are: Bast The Panther God, Death( Wakanda's Version of Death), Eternity, Loki, Hela, Thor, Phoenix Force. (Oh! Her and the Extinction Team X-Men together met a Celestial)

That's all I can think of....anyone else know????
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 09-02-2017 at 12:16 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Lmao you a damn trip!

Rake It up is that work!

Rutog I love you popped into my mind specifically while reading BP #17. I feel all your theorizing hasn't been in vain. Coates is low-key on your same wavelength. Would it be safe to say you two view her in the same light? I know after this issue I'm totally down for whatever direction her has Storm running in.

What's the issue number? The girl mentions Storm being hurt. What happened? Why's she so exhausted?
    I think it is safe to say that Coates and I do share some similar views on Ororo's power. She has been able to control unnatural/magically created weather since Claremont's first run. The most blatant example of this, again, is when Margali used her magic to create a version of Hell. When the weather there turned against Ororo, Storm was able to steal control of it.

The theory I have maintained is that I believe Ororo can POTENTIALLY tap into every dimension across the omniverse at her full potential. The reason I say this is because her power is to perceive the universe as patterns of energy and forces she can bend to her will and that power is limited only by the strength of her will and body. We have seen her use this power to connect with an entire reality and wield the forces of that reality to such a degree that she defeated the sum of all matter, life, and energy of that dimension's past/present/future in the Trion arc. On top of all of this, she has the strength of will to hold the essence of Eternity, who is the sum of all matter and energy in the omniverse. In other words, the only thing limiting her power is her body as her willpower has no upper limits as she was able to house the sum of the omniverse here due to her willpower. If she works earnestly towards her full potential, she will transcend her humanity as shown in the Roguestorm story arc, the 12 saga, and as stated once again in X-Treme X-Men meaning there will be nothing to restrict her powers. So, putting all of this together with the Eternity thing and the fact that she can already unify with an entire reality at this stage in her evolution (again, the Trion arc) is why I believe that Storm can potentially be an omniversal powerhouse.

Basically, I think Coates took a step towards my theory with this story. She was literally able to reach across dimensions to control the forces of a reality she was not present in. This has not happened before. She has always needed to be present in a dimension to be able to control its forces. In this case, the forces were both unnatural AND of another dimension and she was able to shut it down from her own home dimension. I believe she can potential reach across every dimenion/reality at once and control the forces present because she will potentially have no limits and her willpower is already strong enough to hold the sum of the omniverse...plus her powerset is to perceive everything as patterns of energy she can bend to her will.

Ah, okay, I don't have much time to type now and this is kind of wordy. If its not clear what I am trying to say, let me know and I will try and clarify a little later.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    The ONLY Gods or Beings that Storm has opposed (TO MY KNOWLEDGE)are: Bast The Panther God, Death( Wakanda's Version of Death), Eternity, Loki, Hela, Thor, Phoenix Force.

That's all I can think of....anyone else know????
    You forgot the Trion.

BANNED

You forgot the Trion.
    Ah!!! Yes and the Trion. And OH! She has met a Celestial as well. Is that it ?????? Anymore????