• Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

I hope Bloodstorm will not die. I want her and 616 Storm to meet

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I hope Bloodstorm will not die. I want her and 616 Storm to meet
    Well, the "real" Bloodstorm did meet another Ororo, and was even cured of vampirism by a blood transfusion from her in Paradise X.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Mainstream as in Ororo from 1980, when Days of Future Past happened. She was still in gentle mode. DOFP Ororo was bitter and jaded from seeing her world crumble to shit, and was more fierce as a result.

As for your second thought, honestly, I am no where near as impressed as you seem to be. Coates' Storm has been piquing my interest since that first discussion of divinity he had T'Challa and her talking about several months ago[in that date issue], but, he will have to do something more than banishing a storm to seal the deal. Furthermore, as I have been saying on this board, even if Coates does some nice things in BP's book with Storm, it won't count for much if the X-Books and other mediums don't acknowledge it. And with BP's movie coming this winter, Storm might loose prominence in the BP books as well, and we could see Nakia/Malice(Lupita's movie character) come back into the fore. Time will tell where this is concerned.
    1. ok thanks for the clarification that makes more sense now.

2. I will be honest, I thought you would be more excited with this news as I know how you appreciated her being worshipped as a goddess back in Kenya and also how you didn't care for pak retconning the villagers truly believing in her when they worshipped her. for me it wasn't just a storm. it was a divine stoem created by a god and stoem should not and was not able to do anything with her mutant power. however after being worshipped and "becoming" the bright lady to undo the storm sealed it for me. I see what you are saying though, I would very much want this pushed beyond just a "storm".

in regards to other books not acknowledging it, I don't think there has been any book that acknowledged some of the things she did in her solo since her solo. in fact many writers including the current xmen gold writer believes she needs weather to use her powers. by that definition she would not be able to manipulate solar winds , or manipulating the earth's magnetic field both of which occurred in her solo but we still still acknowledge these feats. so I don't think it being isolated should be reason that it should not count for much.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I'm so curious to see where Coates is going to go with her abilities. I wonder did he know what a shit storm he was going to cause with this issue lol
    I don't think he knew for sure. I mean he did just have to deal with a dig at the story he was crafting. Deep down, like us, I think there had to be a part of him that acknowledge the possibility of his story being ignored in its entirety. Nevertheless I'm pretty sure this is all the reaction he could have hoped for.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

2. I will be honest, I thought you would be more excited with this news as I know how you appreciated her being worshipped as a goddess back in Kenya and also how you didn't care for pak retconning the villagers truly believing in her when they worshipped her. for me it wasn't just a storm. it was a divine stoem created by a god and stoem should not and was not able to do anything with her mutant power. however after being worshipped and "becoming" the bright lady to undo the storm sealed it for me. I see what you are saying though, I would very much want this pushed beyond just a "storm".

in regards to other books not acknowledging it, I don't think there has been any book that acknowledged some of the things she did in her solo since her solo. in fact many writers including the current xmen gold writer believes she needs weather to use her powers. by that definition she would not be able to manipulate solar winds , or manipulating the earth's magnetic field both of which occurred in her solo but we still still acknowledge these feats. so I don't think it being isolated should be reason that it should not count for much.
    Ororo has always been a goddess to me. Coates is plucking at the right strings, but tossing a few titles around and banishing a rainstorm isn't enough to be some big tectonic shift in my view.

Storm has manipulated magical/unnatural weather before(vs. Shaman, vs. Thor, vs. Margali's Hell, vs. Trion dimension, for example). She has been worshiped before. She has defied other deities before.

As for Guggenheim's misunderstanding of her powers, I couldn't care less. He is a fool. Meteorology is a manifestation of the interplay of celestial and terrestrial forces. Pak did some nice power plays, but they weren't all that new either. A Skrull using Storm's powers parted the earth's magnetosphere back in Byrne's FF run too. Storm manipulated the solar winds her first time in space waaaaaayyy back in Uncanny 99, maybe six issues into her existence as character.

Basically, I've read the canon. I've studied real world physics and meteorology.

It will take a lot to impress me at this point.

Coates is on the right track, but he hasn't sealed the deal yet. For me,at least.

BANNED

What in the Name of HADARI YAO!! is going on in here?!?!? I leave you guys for couple of Hours and 3 new pages??!?!? On BOTH threads?!?!? Geez.

As for Guggenheim's misunderstanding of her powers, I couldn't care less. He is a fool.
    If I met that Man. I'm willing to bet you ALL money. I would tell that to his face AND say he's a terrible Writer.
    Dead serious I would.

BANNED

Come on guys, Mr Guggenheim will give us an awesome Storm focused issue on X-men Gold.

BANNED

I am loving this!

BANNED

Well, the "real" Bloodstorm did meet another Ororo, and was even cured of vampirism by a blood transfusion from her in Paradise X.

so how did Bloodstorm got her vampiric abilities back?

so how did Bloodstorm got her vampiric abilities back?
    The Bloodstorm in X-Men:Blue could be from any dimension.

BANNED

The Bloodstorm in X-Men:Blue could be from any dimension.
    I see. Or maybe the Goblin Queen restored her powers.

I see. Or maybe the Goblin Queen restored her powers.
    I really don't think that's "our" Bloodstorm. She was held under the sway of Goblin Queen once, I don't think she would accept such servitude again. This is probably an alternate dimensional Bloodstorm, not the one from Mutant X. Or if it is, it would have to be at an earlier time in her history, before joining the Six, when she was still in her crazy vamp period.

BANNED

I really don't think that's "our" Bloodstorm. She was held under the sway of Goblin Queen once, I don't think she would accept such servitude again. This is probably an alternate dimensional Bloodstorm, not the one from Mutant X. Or if it is, it would have to be at an earlier time in her history, before joining the Six, when she was still in her crazy vamp period.
    I see . I should tweet Mr. Bunn for clarification.

Hopefully, but for now let's hope for more screentime for Storm as hopefully, Jean Grey's bestfriend and Quicksilver's girlfriend.
    After all the movies especially the last one I can't even gather a Mustered seed of hope or interest . Won't bother unless the feed back is awesome.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Ororo has always been a goddess to me. Coates is plucking at the right strings, but tossing a few titles around and banishing a rainstorm isn't enough to be some big tectonic shift in my view.

Storm has manipulated magical/unnatural weather before(vs. Shaman, vs. Thor, vs. Margali's Hell, vs. Trion dimension, for example). She has been worshiped before. She has defied other deities before.

As for Guggenheim's misunderstanding of her powers, I couldn't care less. He is a fool. Meteorology is a manifestation of the interplay of celestial and terrestrial forces. Pak did some nice power plays, but they weren't all that new either. A Skrull using Storm's powers parted the earth's magnetosphere back in Byrne's FF run too. Storm manipulated the solar winds her first time in space waaaaaayyy back in Uncanny 99, maybe six issues into her existence as character.

Basically, I've read the canon. I've studied real world physics and meteorology.

It will take a lot to impress me at this point.

Coates is on the right track, but he hasn't sealed the deal yet. For me,at least.

fair enough. what would you have to see for the deal to be finally sealed ?