• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    The problem with rumbles and fights in general, is that Storm is only a beast when used intelligently. There are SO many instances in publication, animation, and film, where she is not used intelligently. Probably more, actually, in terms of numbers or instances, than being used intelligently. So her detractors aren't necessarily 'wrong'. Which is where the disconnect and tension begins(multiplied by racial and gender undertones).
    The first X-Men film especially comes to mind when she's basically beaten up by Toad. Although none of the X-Men, save Wolverine, were really portrayed well in that final battle scene.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    The first X-Men film especially comes to mind when she's basically beaten up by Toad. Although none of the X-Men, save Wolverine, were really portrayed well in that final battle scene.
    I haven't been pleased with Storm's use in any of the films, to be honest. If I am generous, X3 used her the "best", but its not saying much, and in the end, it's still the Wolverine show.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I haven't been pleased with Storm's use in any of the films, to be honest. If I am generous, X3 used her the "best", but its not saying much, and in the end, it's still the Wolverine show.
    Feat wise, I always thought X2 had her doing some amazing stuff but overall I agree.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Yeah, Storm took far too long to beat Callisto in that movie. She always gets nerfed. Apocalypse wasn't much better because as people pointed out, she should be able to wreck as much devastation as Magneto if not more, even accounting for the age and experience differences.

I'm still pissed that Apocalypse is the reason for her white hair and being as powerful as she is. Fox films really know how to push my buttons.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I'm still pissed that Apocalypse is the reason for her white hair and being as powerful as she is. Fox films really know how to push my buttons.
    Not to mention they basically reused that from Rogue in the first X-Men. Her, I still didn't mind it much, but it was inexcusable for Storm. They never bother much with continuity either so they should have at least given her blue eyes this time around.

Ya'll see the solicits for Dec? Looks like Blood Storm is officially a member of X-men blue

that film is also how Xavier lost his hair, where Psylocke got her purple streaks....lol. That movie can go down as an origin story for X-men hair

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Ya'll see the solicits for Dec? Looks like Blood Storm is officially a member of X-men blue

that film is also how Xavier lost his hair, where Psylocke got her purple streaks....lol. That movie can go down as an origin story for X-men hair
    I'm surprised they didn't retcon Jean's hair too. That she's really a natural blonde whose hair turns red from the Phoenix flames the first time she manifests her powers.

BANNED

It's Hollywood. They have to find some way to explain why a Black Woman has Snowy White Hair and not make her look like a Grandma at the same time. LOL

Most people would think she dyed her hair or she is old that is if they didn't read comic books. I Blame Hollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Feat wise, I always thought X2 had her doing some amazing stuff but overall I agree.
    I can't forgive them for having Ororo and Jean helpless to stop their falling plane(only Magneto can save them). All the [mostly ineffective] tornadoes in the world can't fix that. Lil' [barely manifested] 'Ro could fly a derelict plane with no engines.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

All that had to be said...

Apocalypse: Why do you hide what you really are? Apocalypse reach out and touches Ororo's face and the black dye in her hair starts to fade away, as her true ivory white hair appears.

Simple...that's all they had to do...but Singer couldn't even think that far....

I can't forgive them for having Ororo and Jean helpless to stop their falling plane(only Magneto can save them). All the [mostly ineffective] tornadoes in the world can't fix that. Lil' [barely manifested] 'Ro could fly a derelict plane with no engines.

LOL...true

Ugh. Don't remind me.

After looking at that scan again, it looks like she used telekinesis to pull the plane out of it nosedive.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Its like you just pointed out everything that been wrong with Storm for years.

Agreed, if she was a white male....she wouldn't have half the hate she get. Hell, if she was a white female, she probably get more respect.
    i mean you can look to magneto, iron man, Thor, hulk, jean, iceman, Rachel, captain marvel, etc. for proof of this. storm has so many feats thst surprise eben some of the aforementioned but she is never taken as seriously as these mentioned.

yea the xmen films haven't been kind to either of the xmen save wolverine, magneto, professor x, and mystique. in the regard to storm, the many elements of her origins that made her great imo were stripped. no being worshipped as a goddess, no display of great control of her power before coming an xmen, no real exploration of the death of her parents and her time was a thief in Cairo. the fox studios dropped the ball tremendously and I don't think it was a coincidence that the only strong, independent, black woman (who should have mirrored the strength of WW in her movie) on the xmen reduced to side dressing.

i thought in terms of characterization and screen time x3 was the best. in terms of power display i think x2 was the best.

agreed.

Yeah, Storm took far too long to beat Callisto in that movie. She always gets nerfed. Apocalypse wasn't much better because as people pointed out, she should be able to wreck as much devastation as Magneto if not more, even accounting for the age and experience differences.
    apocalypse should have been the correction to the total disregard she has received in the movies. however when I saw that she was worshiping mystique and needed apocalypse to unlock her full potential after which she was barely able to blow a car, lol, I knew this was by far worst than anything shown of her in the xseries before the "reboot" and this would be the precedent of how she would be characterized moving forward.

ditto. it plays in to the idea that the poor women characters need a man to make them worthy and this was the complete opposite of her growth in relation to her powers and character prior to meeting the xmen.

now u know fox told them not to read the comics lol

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

After looking at that scan again, it looks like she used telekinesis to pull the plane out of it nosedive.
    she does use her winds similarly to how a telekinetic would use telekinesis.