10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

I caught up on BP. The book moves kind of slow, but it is a good book I plan to stay on.

Storm was drawn beautifully in almost all her issues (I hate the EXM look). It was kind of annoying seeing her doubt her power in the last issue, but she got it done. Coates remembering that Storm has a telepathic block while these X-writers have her getting body snatched and mind controlled every other tuesday. When she said "I slipped up but it won't happen again" I was delighted. I hope they continue to build Storm and BP up to an eventual remarriage. They are so understanding of each other, something her and Forge never had.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PattiLaBelleStormfan View Post
    I respectfully disagree because I've seen various other threads with other characters and people DO NOT behave like that. Even in the X-Men world. I've never seen people smack down Magneto the way they do Storm. Nowhere close.
    Then you must be looking or participating in a different Versus thread because it happens ALL the time in ComicVine. Butterflykyss can attest to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I remember reading something like that where they said she couldn't BFR him because he was too strong.

It's based on weight, not strength. Lifting him with winds should be the easiest thing to do and he can't do anything about it.
    Well they tried to compare Storms Winds against Vector one of Hulks bad guys who was said to be able to push deminsions and realities with his powers. Ex:Attachment 54717

And in their second fight Hulk was able to resist it again.
    Attachment 54719
    Vector has the ability to telekinetically block and repel energy and matter, directing it away from himself.
    Hulk fans WHOLE HEARTEDLY believe Storms winds are not strong enough NOR CAN THEY REPEL or Rag doll Hulk.

I say OH REALLY??? Let's look at this:
    Attachment 54720

BANNED

Or this:

Attachment 54721

Or this:

Attachment 54722

And let's NOT forget the Hulk had his Brain turned off via Technology:
    Attachment 54723

So if the Hulk can have his Brain turned off and Storm can scramble and turn your brain off WHY??!?! Do people think Storm is just NOT going to do that? LOL.

So YES. I have MORE THAN ENOUGH reason to say Storm can beat Savage Hulk. MAYBE WWH

Period. This isn't a crazy Storm fan fantasy or thing I'm showing proof evidence and fact.

But hey I'm a CRAZY SILLY Storm fan so what do I KNOW...........
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 09-14-2017 at 11:23 AM.

BANNED

Fellow Storm fans, please vote for Storm: http://community.comicbookresources....on-Game-Thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Earth/USA....
    Lol. Maybe comic readers are the only ones who felt the line was bad. But for ordinary movie watchers, they find it awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Or this:

Attachment 54721

Or this:

Attachment 54722

And let's NOT forget the Hulk had his Brain turned off via Technology:
    Attachment 54723

So if the Hulk can have his Brain turned off and Storm can scramble and turn your brain off WHY??!?! Do people think Storm is just NOT going to do that? LOL.

So YES. I have MORE THAN ENOUGH reason to say Storm can beat Savage Hulk. MAYBE WWH

Period. This isn't a crazy Storm fan fantasy or thing I'm showing proof evidence and fact.

But hey Storms a glass cannon so what do I KNOW...........
    Hulks in the 90% of the Marvel Universe Storm can take. I agree.

Hulk weighs just a little under a ton but a woman that can pick up buildings and catch planes in a nose dive with her winds in unable to lift and move him....rolleyes
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Storm is really untouchable versus the hulk

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Lol. Maybe comic readers are the only ones who felt the line was bad. But for ordinary movie watchers, they find it awesome.
    Please be reminded you do not represent any movie watcher but yourself, Next caller please.
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Hulk weighs just a little under a ton but a woman that can pick up buildings and catch planes in a nose dive with her winds in unable to lift and move him....rolleyes
    Rolls eyes INDEED.LOL Dude I WAS told Hulk was more powerful than Storm. Maybe in Durability, Healing Factor and Strength. Everything else Storm has him.

And I thought to myself *HOW THE FUCK DID YOU GET TO THAT CONCLUSION * (SO SORRY FOR THE FOUL LANGUAGE)

Excuse me but who can manipulate many forms of Energy? Who can absorb magic energy and form into a Lightning bolt to teleport? Who can ACTUALLY freaking Fly? Who can manipulate the Planets weather systems? Who can ACTUALLY attack you across being on the other side of the damn planet.

But OH EXCUSE ME THE Hulk is MORE powerful than Storm tsk SILLY STORMPHOENIX!!!!
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 09-14-2017 at 11:57 AM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Actually I agree. Magic, Light speed and reality are all abilities that could take Ororo down.
    Agreed, as Rut mentioned if she can tag them before they can get her with their powers then she could win.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Telepathy and elementals are not good characters to pit against Ororo given her heavy resistance to such abilities and the scope of her elemental powers. Super strength characters are generally not good either since Storm can keep them at bay with her winds and finish them off at a distance with her elementals barrages especially her internal attacks.

That said, the powersets with the best chance at taking Ororo down are magic, faster-than-light speed speedsters, and reality controllers, and that is if Storm isn't faster on the draw with her powers.
    Agreed!

[B]

The bolded is SO true. I understand her portrayal has been dicey at best over the years. However when you have proof in your face that's when I take issue. And most white people, whether they're aware of it or not, seem to have an issue with a black, female character besting a white one female or otherwise. And it has been proven time and time again with these debates. They see the proof of Ororo's feats, have none to combat it with and STILL won't give her the credit.
    Exactly! And it bleeds into the comics as well. I don't think that it is a coincidence the reason Ororo's ties to Harlem and the black struggle was just established some 40 plus years after her creation, as well as the idea that she is a true goddess in a book written occurred by way of a black person. Why isn't this same interest in her character taken in the Xbooks? Why is she just reduced to a one of the Xmen play things when she needs to remember something? I would like to think this ties in to the writers trolling the Storm fans but I believe a lot has to do with race.

I respectfully disagree because I've seen various other threads with other characters and people DO NOT behave like that. Even in the X-Men world. I've never seen people smack down Magneto the way they do Storm. Nowhere close.
    I agree. Storm is never taken as seriously as some of the over heavy hitters (who happen to be white) and I am not sure why that is.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post
    I caught up on BP. The book moves kind of slow, but it is a good book I plan to stay on.

Storm was drawn beautifully in almost all her issues (I hate the EXM look). It was kind of annoying seeing her doubt her power in the last issue, but she got it done. Coates remembering that Storm has a telepathic block while these X-writers have her getting body snatched and mind controlled every other tuesday. When she said "I slipped up but it won't happen again" I was delighted. I hope they continue to build Storm and BP up to an eventual remarriage. They are so understanding of each other, something her and Forge never had.
    So happy you are enjoying the book. Also Storm was mentioned as being a goddess in the book too. This was one of my favorite things from this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I think people argue that it is not just his weight that is a factor but his strength that he is exerting with his weight that makes it difficult for him to be lifted. Still Storm has overwhelmed Terminus with her winds, the Hulk shouldn't be an issue.

Rolls eyes INDEED.LOL Dude I WAS told Hulk was more powerful than Storm. Maybe in Durability, Healing Factor and Strength. Everything else Storm has him.

And I thought to myself *HOW THE FUCK DID YOU GET TO THAT CONCLUSION * (SO SORRY FOR THE FOUL LANGUAGE)

Excuse me but who can manipulate many forms of Energy? Who can absorb magic energy and form into a Lightning bolt to teleport? Who can ACTUALLY freaking Fly? Who can manipulate the Planets weather systems? Who can ACTUALLY attack you across being on the other side of the damn planet.

But OH EXCUSE ME THE Hulk is MORE powerful than Storm tsk SILLY STORMPHOENIX!!!!
    Oh, you should have seen old Storm Vs Hulk debates. Myself and others would point out how she can easily pick him up with her winds and sling his ass to the middle of the ocean. For some reason me using logic...was being a Storm fanboy. As a matter of fact, one of the reason I left the Rumble board was over a Storm debate...lol

Even with the Vector fight, he didn't try to lift the Hulk, he tried to overpower him with a force blast to the chest. That's a Force Vs. Force fight...which any fool should know...won't work against the Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I think people argue that it is not just his weight that is a factor but his strength that he is exerting with his weight that makes it difficult for him to be lifted. Still Storm has overwhelmed Terminus with her winds, the Hulk shouldn't be an issue.
    The problem I always have with that comment...he is not anchored down, so he can not stop himself from getting lifted up.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 09-14-2017 at 12:22 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Then you must be looking or participating in a different Versus thread because it happens ALL the time in ComicVine. Butterflykyss can attest to this.

Well they tried to compare Storms Winds against Vector one of Hulks bad guys who was said to be able to push deminsions and realities with his powers. Ex:Attachment 54717

And in their second fight Hulk was able to resist it again.
    Attachment 54719
    Vector has the ability to telekinetically block and repel energy and matter, directing it away from himself.
    Hulk fans WHOLE HEARTEDLY believe Storms winds are not strong enough NOR CAN THEY REPEL or Rag doll Hulk.

I say OH REALLY??? Let's look at this:
    Attachment 54720
    In those Vector scans, even if what he says is true and he can push dimensions, he's clearly NOT unleashing that kind of power in those Hulk scans as he's not even pushing back buildings or planets.

BANNED

Agreed. There is a racial element to how Storm is treated in "versus" threads. People even go so far as to make up feats for people like Magneto and Jean Grey while trying to deny Storm feats and power levels even when scans are provided showing her doing exactly as stated. Examples of this include claims of "Magneto deflecting a blast from Galactus." In this instance, Xavier tapped into Magneto's latent telepathy and combined it with his own psychic power to try and make telepathic contact with Galactus. It barely registered as a tingle on the outter edges of Galactus's consciousness. Annoyed, Galactus casually sent their combined psionic energy back at them and Magneto deflected the incoming mental energy with a shield. So, really, all Magneto blocked out was the combined psi energy of himself and Xavier which was manifested as a physical attack. The issue is very clear on this and the Magneto fans provide the scans to try and back their ridiculous claim, but basic reading comprehesion of that same scan debunks their claim. Anyway, they strain and struggle to hold onto Magneto deflecting a blast from Galactus when he clearly didn't partially because when the fact that Storm summoned winds strong enough to redirect the full power of a mutant strong enough to split the planet like a ripe melon, those winds would easily tear through any shield Magneto can muster and literally end him. Magneto lacks the raw, destructive, concussive power to even compete with Storm's winds alone let alone the other aspects of her power thrown into the mix.

With Jean, they are always trying to give Jean feats she has only managed while being possessed by the Phoenix Force when it becomes obvious that she doesn't have the power to challenge Ororo. The debate would be Jean w/out the Phoenix Force vs. Storm to boot. At the same time, they want to ignore all of the scans where Storm is able to best telepathic attacks from psis more powerful than Mrs. Grey-Summers just to make Storm vulnerable to Jean's telepathy.

These are only two examples and people get emotional and irrational when confronted with scans of Storm feats showing her WELL ABOVE they power levels they want her to be at. So, they want to take other characters at their best and even make up/add feats to said characters to drive their power levels even higher than what canon has given them while ignoring Storm's big feats and try to lowball her as much as possible.
    Last edited by rutog98; 09-14-2017 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Agreed. There is a racial element to how Storm is treated in "versus" threads. People even go so far as to make up feats for people like Magneto and Jean Grey while trying to deny Storm feats and power levels even when scans are provided showing her doing exactly as stated. Examples of this include claims of "Magneto deflecting a blast from Galactus." In this instance, Xavier tapped into Magneto's latent telepathy and combined it with his own psychic power to try and make telepathic contact with Galactus. It barely registered as a tingle on the outter edges of Galactus's consciousness. Annoyed, Galactus casually sent their combined psionic energy back at them and Magneto deflected the incoming mental energy with a shield. So, really, all Magneto blocked out was the combined psi energy of himself and Xavier which was manifested as a physical attack. The issue is very clear on this and the Magneto fans provide the scans to try and back their ridiculous claim, but basic reading comprehesion of that same scan debunks their claim. Anyway, they strain and struggle to hold onto Magneto deflecting a blast from Galactus when he clearly didn't partially because when the fact that Storm summoned winds strong enough to redirect the full power of a mutant strong enough to split the planet like a ripe melon, those winds would easily tear through any shield Magneto can muster and literally end him. Magneto lacks the raw, destructive, concussive power to even compete with Storm's winds alone let alone the other aspects of her power thrown into the mix.

With Jean, they are always trying to give Jean feats she has only managed while being possessed by the Phoenix Force when it becomes obvious that she doesn't have the power to challenge Ororo. The debate would be Jean w/out the Phoenix Force vs. Storm to boot. At the same time, they want to ignore all of the scans where Storm is able to best telepathic attacks from psis more powerful than Mrs. Grey-Summers just to make Storm vulnerable to Jean's telepathy.

These are only two examples and people get emotional and irrational when confronted with scans of Storm feats showing her WELL ABOVE they power levels they want her to be at. So, they want to take other characters at their best and even make up/add feats to said characters to drive their power levels even higher than what canon has given them while ignoring Storm's big feats and try to lowball her as much as possible.
    Absolutely. And it is absurd and I for one am over the constant battle of trying to PROVE Storm to people. It's so old.