• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I was not saying that because I wanted to make anything "worse." I'm just sick and tired of Storm not being given her due while other characters in the X-world are.

Oh, and why is it okay for her to be considered a goddess (potentially), but it wouldn't be okay for her to be considered an omega-level mutant?
    I would argue that Storm is given her due, I mean she's been one of the X-Men A-listers for decades, and has avoided all the traps the others have fallen into and either died, turned evil or become a monstrous douchebag. She's the leader of the X-Men right now, I'm not sure what more there is to get?

Because in Marvel, being considered a god is kinda worthless, it's just a title. There's hundreds of Asgardians thats all considered gods, Ororo herself was considered as such by rural/tribal people in the middle of nowhere before Xavier showed up. My point being that being called a god is very easy for people with superpowers.
    Being an omega-mutant however... that comes with something that has actual meaning since its a ranking of power that saying the designated one can do their thing to a frankly insane degree. And it then comes with a pricetag of the character vanishing to some degree.

Note: this is just my personal opinion, but I don't really get the need for the superpower-race and the need to be greater in that aspect. I mean, certainly we are fans of Storm because of her cool powers that were always vast, but also because of her personality. I just wonder what there is to gain by giving her a label thats usually meant death or limbo?

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    I would argue that Storm is given her due, I mean she's been one of the X-Men A-listers for decades, and has avoided all the traps the others have fallen into and either died, turned evil or become a monstrous douchebag. She's the leader of the X-Men right now, I'm not sure what more there is to get?
    Um, Storm is not the leader anymore, Kitty is. And she is not given her due in the most recent comics; she actually got koed off panel in their recent fight with Omega Red of all people. Her last arc as leader had her running to Limbo from a CLOUD, and basically at the mercy of the Inhumans for months until Emma stepped up and mobilized a [crazy] plan which Storm signed off on, even though Storm could have taken control of the Cloud itself at any time. Storm has not been used well consistently since Claremont's X-Treme/Uncanny in the early 00's.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Um, Storm is not the leader anymore, Kitty is. And she is not given her due in the most recent comics; she actually got koed off panel in their recent fight with Omega Red of all people. Her last arc as leader had her running to Limbo from a CLOUD, and basically at the mercy of the Inhumans for months until Emma stepped up and mobilized a [crazy] plan which Storm signed off on, even though Storm could have taken control of the Cloud itself at any time. Storm has not been used well consistently since Claremont's X-Treme/Uncanny in the early 00's.
    It is because she's powerful enough to beat the villains alone. Writers should be picking villains that only a specific member's power can defeat

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Claremont actually did it first. the following commentary is courtesy of yoga but see below:

There was a Claremont Storm story set in Harlem with her trying to re-connect with her birthplace, despite leaving at just six months old. She is somehow able to actually find the the actual building, the actual apartment she spent her infancy in just by remembering stories from her parents(whom she lost at a very young age, 4 or 5 years old).

After she ran into some junkies squatting in her old place, Luke Cage and Misty Knight meet her there(having heard talk on the streets about a tall white haired lady walking around, so the people of Harlem obviously took note of their long-lost daughter) and Luke lists some of the problems the youth are facing.

thanks again yoga. i love how the old woman with white looking sideways when she could pass for ororo's grandma lol
    Thank you, Yoga and Kyss. It'd nice for news like this to resurface. It only gives more ammunition to dismantle ridiculous claims about Storm never interacting with other blacks. Storm not only knows other black superheroes, her greatest scribe gave her those connections. So now no one can realistically say it's forced to put Storm on an all black team. Claremont did it first, so haters can suck it. But I'm so giddy at the realization that Coates built the team in BP&C around Storm, not T'Challa. That's absolutely hilarious. Coates was secretly writing two stealth Storm titles and only the BP fans noticed. Coates is my homie for life! Bless his heart.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Um, Storm is not the leader anymore, Kitty is.
    And she is not given her due in the most recent comics; she actually got koed off panel in their recent fight with Omega Red of all people. Her last arc as leader had her running to Limbo from a CLOUD, and basically at the mercy of the Inhumans for months until Emma stepped up and mobilized a [crazy] plan which Storm signed off on, even though Storm could have taken control of the Cloud itself at any time. Storm has not been used well consistently since Claremont's X-Treme/Uncanny in the early 00's.
    But it's not like Ororo left the position in disgrace or a bodybag. Did she make mistakes that lead to it? Yes. Did she make them the size of McCoy? No. And did she choose to step down or was she forced? She chose.
    Well, thats kinda the lot of every character who is on a team... sometimes they are knocked out early because the foe in question is after someone else. Granted the cloud wasn't a shining moment for anyone, but it definitely wasn't one for Emma to go bonkers so she could have a war. I am sorry to say that always being used well on a team as large as the X-Men isn't a guarantee, because not all writers will have the same fondness for Storm as her fans do, same is true of every character.

As for RLAAMJR's suggestion... I dont think thats such a good idea on a team book, I mean realistically then you'd only be seeing Storm's foe(s), and let Storm shine, every 6-8 encounters if everyone actually waits their turn.

BANNED

But it's not like Ororo left the position in disgrace or a bodybag. Did she make mistakes that lead to it? Yes. Did she make them the size of McCoy? No. And did she choose to step down or was she forced? She chose.
    Well, thats kinda the lot of every character who is on a team... sometimes they are knocked out early because the foe in question is after someone else. Granted the cloud wasn't a shining moment for anyone, but it definitely wasn't one for Emma to go bonkers so she could have a war. I am sorry to say that always being used well on a team as large as the X-Men isn't a guarantee, because not all writers will have the same fondness for Storm as her fans do, same is true of every character.

As for RLAAMJR's suggestion... I dont think thats such a good idea on a team book, I mean realistically then you'd only be seeing Storm's foe(s), and let Storm shine, every 6-8 encounters if everyone actually waits their turn.
    It's one thing to not be fond of Storm or even be indifferent towards her. Some of the stories that have been forced on her feels a lot like contempt for her character. That's just me though

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    It's one thing to not be fond of Storm or even be indifferent towards her. Some of the stories that have been forced on her feels a lot like contempt for her character. That's just me though
    I am not sure if I would say anyone has done that recently, but to me a writer showing contempt for a character would be something akin to them going out of their way to harm the character (and I mean really harm, not just knock them out and move on) and make no effort to rebuild or mend them afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I've seen similar comments regarding storm being reduced to wallpaper if they give her additional power but I really do think people need to recognize all of this has happened without taking her powers to the next level and it's been happening for years now.
    Don't get me wrong, I want Storm throwing down with the biggest bads.

BANNED

What i mean is that to avoid poor writing on the more powerful members of the team. If they want Omega Red to be able to beat Storm and Rachel in a believable way, the writer should show on panel how Storm was defeated like maybe Storm was trying to talk to Omega Red who agreed but when Storm faces back to her other teammates, Omega Red hits Storm from behind with his tendrils. Or Omega Red was trying to be sneaky and was about to hit Kurt but Storm saw it and didnt have time to use her powers but hold the tendrils with her bare hands which absorbed her energies and resulted to falling on the ground. As for Rachel, it was wrong how she was beaten by omega Red but if the writer added that Omega Red has scientists on his side who is able to create a device hidden somwhere on his head or head gear and that the device can shock uninvited telepaths.

Or why not just have had Omega Red return being more powerful (and should show on how he looks) by being more indestructible, can regenerate just like Nimrod, stronger and faster. That way it will really take teamwork to finish him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I want Storm throwing down with the biggest bads.
    I remember the villain Unit but the writer didnt even give us a good and longer battle between Storm and Magneto vs Unit.

BANNED

BBeeryan, can you help upvoting Storm here: http://community.comicbookresources....hread!/page111

Im not asking you to concentrate on it but at least vote whenever you have time. Looking forward to your favorable response.

BANNED

XMEN GOLD #20 MIGHT be a STORM focused issue...

Quote Originally Posted by Calaigah View Post
    XMEN GOLD #20 MIGHT be a STORM focused issue...
    Do tell......

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PattiLaBelleStormfan View Post
    Do tell......
    spoilers:
    X-MEN GOLD #20
    MARC GUGGENHEIM (W) • LAN MEDINA (A)
    Cover by KEN LASHLEY
    THE NEGATIVE ZONE WAR Part 5
    • The X-Men’s victory against the might of Scythian has come at a cost…which might kill them all!
    • How can the X-Men survive on a barren planet?
    • You DO NOT want to miss the status quo-altering final page!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

It's a Storm cover with her standing strong while her team has fallen. Seems someone makes a sacrifice of sorts...
    end of spoilers