• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    The Adversary stated of Ororo's powers that her winds can move planets and the lightning she hurled at him, he stated were strong enough to shatter planets to dust.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/kHpw8dE-Tpd...eVkT2FL7=s1600

1) The Mother Storm is a living tempest, therefore, it is composed of forces that fall within the purview of Ororo's powers. So, what she did to Hydroman would apply if it can be proven that Ororo is strong enough to overpower the Mother Storm (which I believe has been proven in canon). More, Stardust is a being composed of cosmic energy and look at how Storm was able to pull electrons from her and hurl them back with enough force to shatter her. In other words, even if the Mother Storm were composed of cosmic energy, Storm would still be able to wield power over it.

2) The Trion feat does prove she can access enough power to overwhelm the Mother Storm. Those feats you mentioned about the Mother Storm, "blowing comets off course, winds that can snuff out stars and yank planets out of their orbits, etc" pales in comparison to the Trion as does Odin. None of the feats you mentioned with Odin puts him at a level where he is the sum of all matter, life, and energy for an entire reality's past, present, and future. Again, the Trion were the sum of all matter/life/energy for an entire reality's past/present/future. That within itself puts them on a whole other level from either Odin or the Mother Storm. In fact, the Trion dwarfs them. The Mother Storm is only powerful on a galactic scale at best.

3) While Ororo was in a different environment when she fought the Trion, that has no bearing on the point I am making. The fact is, the Trion were controlling the same energies Storm commanded and she was able to wield those forces at a level greater than theirs. Her natural power levels were not enhanced in that dimension as the only thing that changed were the forces she commanded. If she can wield the forces of the Trion dimension at a greater level than the Trion, then she can wield the natural forces of her dimension on a scale MUCH greater than the Mother Storm, thus she can overpower it and do to it like she did to Hydroman and Stardust.

4) While you have proof of Ororo struggling to control a storm that was alive, it was hardly her best showing. The issue stated she had problems with the storms because they were sentient. She has controlled sentient beings made up of forces she commands without any problem in other stories. Again, I am taking her at her very best showings in this discussion. When taken at those levels, she trumps the Mother Storm (she's actually quite a bit more powerful than Odin as well, but until we see her apply her high end powers in ways to counter Odin's attacks, she loses to him. That said, her powerset could easily be written to counter and overwhelm Odin given its the ability to perceive the universe as patterns of energy that she can bend to her will...)

5) We may have to agree to disagree on this, but I just want to put my thoughts out there for everyone to read.
    I’ll make quick responses here:
    1. Your trying to compare what she did to Stardust she can do to the Mother Storm which isn’t going to work. Storm hasn’t manipulate Cosmic Storms in A LONG LONG TIME. Stardust isn’t on the level of the MS to completely destroy Galaxies.

2. The problem with that is those are statements backed with no proof. You have no proof to show why? Or how? The Trion is not more powerful than Odin. I can grab those feats that I mentioned for Odin.

3. Simply put she can’t. The Trion feat is different period. Storm has not ever manipulate a Cosmic Storm to where Galaxies were destroyed.

4. Has nothing to do with best showing it’s something she struggles with nothing bad about it. Her best showings are exactly not enough is what I’m telling you. Again she has a BETTER chance absorbing the Mother Storm.
    Storm is not more powerful than Odin.

5. Yes we can, agree to disagree.

BANNED

The Adversary stated of Ororo's powers that her winds can move planets and the lightning she hurled at him, he stated were strong enough to shatter planets to dust.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/kHpw8dE-Tpd...eVkT2FL7=s1600

Edit:

6) The Eternity feat is not about overpowering it, but rather, its a testament to Ororo's strength of will that she was able to contain the sum of all matter and energy in the omniverse without any ill-effects. Once more, anything that demonstrates enormous willpower for Ororo boosts her powers since her powers are limited by the strength of her will and body.
    6. With this statement this only proves that Storm has a better chance at absorbing the storm.

To the scan you posted that’s pretty good, but he’s just exaggerating. But that is a cool scan
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 10-18-2017 at 03:39 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    6. With this statement this only proves that Storm has a better chance at absorbing the storm.

To the scan you posted that’s pretty good, but he’s just exaggerating. But that is a cool scan
    Maybe he is exaggerating, maybe not. That said, she was on Earth when she attacked him. Also, the winds and lightning she was hurling concentrated on him, thus I'm not surprised the Earth was not shaking. She has absolute control over her powers and can fine-tune her attacks so that only the object of her fury is affected by her assaults.

BANNED

Maybe he is exaggerating, maybe not. That said, she was on Earth when she attacked him. Also, the winds and lightning she was hurling concentrated on him, thus I'm not surprised the Earth was not shaking. She has absolute control over her powers and can fine-tune her attacks so that only the object of her fury is affected by her assaults.
    Yes she was on Earth, but on Earth Storm winds have never on panel or in 616 canon moved worlds nor her Lightning turn them to dust. That my friend is pure exaggeration. Your right about the fine tune that’s correct.

Not a fan of her face in that pic.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

I'd like to say that The Bright Lady, Hadari Yao, Queen of Prophecy, The All-Goddess who Preserves the Balance of all Natural Things would body this Mother Storm shit! Coates' Storm is Dave Cockrum's fully realized. Enough said.

BANNED

Yes she was on Earth, but on Earth Storm winds have never on panel or in 616 canon moved worlds nor her Lightning turn them to dust. That my friend is pure exaggeration. Your right about the fine tune that’s correct.
    Earth's winds have also never been strong enough to redirect the full power of a mutant strong enough to split the planet like a ripe melon, or redirect the power of Scott's optic blasts (which are strong enough to punch holes through mountains), or lift sky scrapers, and move 1,000,000,000 lb objects moving at hundreds of miles per hour against the wind, etc, yet Ororo has accomplished all of these feats and then some. Bottom line is Ororo can amplify the effects of the weather exponentially to do what she needs when the writer wants her to cut loose. So, the force of the wind and lightning attacks being thrown at Adversary may have been exactly as he stated.

Also, Storm is a heroine. If her wind and lightning attacks were as strong as Adversary said, there is no way she would use such force against the Earth or any other planet. It would be FAR too disastrous. This is likely the reason why Storm doesn't drain the Earth, sun, and every planet in our solar system dry of all of its energy either even though we know she can based off of Uncanny 165. So, this would be another reason to take Adversary at his word literally. Just food for thought.
    Last edited by rutog98; 10-18-2017 at 06:29 PM.

BANNED

Earth's winds have also never been strong enough to redirect the full power of a mutant strong enough to split the planet like a ripe melon, or redirect the power of Scott's optic blasts (which are strong enough to punch holes through mountains), or lift sky scrapers, and move 1,000,000,000 lb objects moving at hundreds of miles per hour against the wind, etc, yet Ororo has accomplished all of these feats and then some. Bottom line is Ororo can amplify the effects of the weather exponentially to do what she needs when the writer wants her to cut loose. So, the force of the wind and lightning attacks being thrown at Adversary may have been exactly as he stated.

Also, Storm is a heroine. If her wind and lightning attacks were as strong as Adversary said, there is no way she would use such force against the Earth or any other planet. It would be FAR too disastrous. This is likely the reason why Storm doesn't drain the Earth, sun, and every planet in our solar system dry of all of its energy either even though we know she can based off of Uncanny 165. So, this would be another reason to take Adversary at his word literally. Just food for thought.
    Oh, and one more thing I wanted to add to this: Adversary is vulnerable only to mystical forces and metal (which is why Colossus could hurt him). He is impervious to all other forms of injury, hence this would be why Claremont would have Storm cut loose with the kind of power Adversary stated her to be wielding against him and her not do it against other X-Men foes. The X-Men don't fight baddies strong enough to tank Storm's attacks when she's unleashed! Claremont did state Ororo's powers are on a par with the Phoenix Force after all.

BANNED

Yet with all those feats not once has her winds shook the Planet. That makes that statement exaggeration Rutog that’s all.

Your assuming now. Storm has pushed her limits before I didn’t see the Planet shake. Only once when she was amped and she created earthquakes. Everything you said basically proves that he was actually exaggerating. But sure if you think so

BANNED

Yet with all those feats not once has her winds shook the Planet. That makes that statement exaggeration Rutog that’s all.

Your assuming now. Storm has pushed her limits before I didn’t see the Planet shake. Only once when she was amped and she created earthquakes. Everything you said basically proves that he was actually exaggerating. But sure if you think so
    Look, when she redirected the full power of Sienna Blaze, she had to have exercised enough control over the whole thing so that the Earth did not tremble. This would even include the shockwaves from Sienna's full power erupting out of her body uncontrollably (which Storm had to also redirect lest it kill the X-Men present). When she blanketed the Earth with the solar winds for 4 hours straight in her solo title, she didn't do any damage to the planet or human technology, or anything whatsoever. Again, this shows the degree of control she has over her powers. So, the fact that her winds did not shake the planet in any of her big feats only speaks to her control over her powers.

BANNED

Just some other feats to demonstrate Storm's fine-tune control:

Here, Kitty is grabbed by a N'garai demon and Storm incinerates it with a bolt of lightning while it has a solid grip on Kitty. Notice how Kitty doesn't even feel a static tickle owing to Storm's profound fine-tune control:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/xY-zKvyntBA...Ppx2VJTg=s1600

Here, while outside the building herself, Storm clears out the interior of the new X-Men HQ with winds and floods leaving the structure of the building unharmed:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/IZm2xK0pFpW...KYqtEouh=s1600
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/qirbvfaENYL...sf-5RwPA=s1600

Here, Storm wields a hurricane capable of destroying all of NYC, yet she controls it so that only the sentinel is harmed:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/iRPEvEsVPTZ...DQfrtZJ0=s1600
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/OdZaYzaMryh...AcVszheY=s1600

Here, it is stated that Storm has absolute control over the weather:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/GFBzvooKIY_...dXD3WpDI=s1600

So, yes, I can buy Ororo unleashing power against Adversary at the level he stated with no ill-effects on the world due to her fine-tune control.
    Last edited by rutog98; 10-18-2017 at 07:01 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

she actually has created an earthquake without amping once:

i would argue it was as a result of warping the earth's em similsr to what occurred in her solo where she was amped which caused earthquakes on large
    global scale.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-18-2017 at 07:01 PM.

BANNED

Look, when she redirected the full power of Sienna Blaze, she had to have exercised enough control over the whole thing so that the Earth did not tremble. This would even include the shockwaves from Sienna's full power erupting out of her body uncontrollably (which Storm had to also redirect lest it kill the X-Men present). When she blanketed the Earth with the solar winds for 4 hours straight in her solo title, she didn't do any damage to the planet or human technology, or anything whatsoever. Again, this shows the degree of control she has over her powers. So, the fact that her winds did not shake the planet in any of her big feats only speaks to her control over her powers.
    Where not talking about fine control I get the connection your making, but Storm Wind control on panel or in cannon hasn’t done so. So when Adversay says “Your winds may move worlds and lightning to dust” that’s a clear exaggerated statement.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 10-18-2017 at 07:29 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    she actually has created an earthquake without amping once:

i would argue it was as a result of warping the earth's em similsr to what occurred in her solo where she was amped which caused earthquakes on large
    global scale.
    Oh great thanks