• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    For a Storm solo title, I would rather see the kind of material introduced to the character in BP&the Crew to be handled in either an annual issue or a short 1-2 issue story arc as a breather between larger stories. I want Storm to fight global, cosmic, and inter-dimensional threats.
    yes it's time for her to fight those types of threats u mentioned. it needs to be bigger threats.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

A planetary mutant needs to fight planetary things. Storm is that mutant which means she needs to start breaking the rules of Nature a bit more. And do MORE cosmic stuff to increase her attack power etc. with a Dash of Magic.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    This art is gorgeous!

[imf]https://encrypted-tbn0.************/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhbBm0aL9nnbosMDZjVyhdkarzbPZy-WE_7320ERgOftWyY_eX[/img]
    I can't see the scan.

Spectacular Member

[imf]https://encrypted-tbn0.************/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhbBm0aL9nnbosMDZjVyhdkarzbPZy-WE_7320ERgOftWyY_eX[/img]

Spectacular Member

[imf]https://encryptedtbn0.************/imagesq=tbn:ANd9GcRhbBm0aL9nnbosMDZjVyhdkarzbPZyWE _7320ERgOftWyY_eX[/img]

BANNED

I tweeted Jen Bartel about changing the eyebrow color to white. She ahsnt responded but at least she got the idea.

I also tweeted Coates about a scan of Storm going to m'rin somthing. Next time ill mention about Storm being on e of the high priestesses.

Please no white eyebrows. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    come on you are not serious are you ? lol

i love sue but she is not on the level of Ororo when it comes to being the face of marvel. i think her being a part of the first family could give her that claim but beyond that there isn't much more she brings in terms of iconic look, or being featured or heavily advertised by marvel in different media formats.
    My opinion is based on tenure. Though, she suffers more than any other female lead character for being a team player for so many years

Quote Originally Posted by Timberjack View Post
    RLAAMJR,can you tweet Coates and ask him to make storm learn magic??(Coates' storm is really excellent!)
    He seems to know Bright Lady (Oshtur),a powerful elder goddess who is one of the Vishanti.Ororo once met her during her journey in Africa.She blessed ororo and gave her the talent of magic.She is the opposite of Chthon who gave Scarlet Witch the ability of using chaos magic.I think if storm learns white magic(order magic),she'll be able to fight against Scarlet Witch.
    Have they fought each other before?
    I really want Storm to learn magic...I feel like she neglecting a part of herself and her heritage.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 10-21-2017 at 05:34 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Pertaining magic should be between the 13th to 24 issue.

These are the things Ororo could do if she mastered her mystical side...

Attachment 56701

Strictly speaking Ororo, and other human sorcerers do not have superhuman powers. Only the ability to manipulate mystical energy lies within an Earth-born human sorcerer, not the energy itself. Theoretically, any Earth human being can tap into a seemingly infinite amount of mystical energy. However, each person is limited by his own amount of training, discipline, knowledge, and enlightenment as to the mystical arts.

Ororo's magic, like that of most true magicians, derived from three major sources: personal powers of the soul, mind, and body, derived through developing one's own psychic resources (mesmerism, astral projection, thought-casting, etc.); powers gained by tapping this universe's ambient magical energy and employing it for specific effects (teleportation, illusion-casting, energy projection, etc.); and finally, powers gained through the tapping of extra-dimensional energy by invoking entities or objects of power existing in mystical dimensions tangential to her own. The latter means of power usually functions through the recitations of spells, either ritualized ones found in various mystical texts or by original spells invoking extradimensional assistance. Most magic users also employed a number of occult power objects in performing certain magical feats.

To begin with, her personal powers, if Ororo mastered the art of astral projection, the mental ability to separate the astral self-the sheath of the soul, or life essence-from her physical self, and in this form traverse space unbounded by physical laws but fully retaining human consciousness. The astral form is invisible, intangible, and incapable of being harmed except by the most rigorous of mystical means. The astral form only possesses those magical powers residing in the sorcerer's mind (thought-casting, psychokinesis, etc.) although it can also project bolts of mystical force that are effective only against other astral beings. Ororo mastery of astral form could vary from a couple of hours to up to 24 hours before her physical form would begin to undergo corporeal deterioration. While in her astral form, Ororo’s physical form is vulnerable to attack. While the Ororo's astral form is absent, her physical form remained in a deathlike trance. If Ororo's physical form is killed while she was in her astral form, she would be stranded in her wraithlike state.

Ororo can mesmerize people to do her bidding, both in person and at a distance. Ororo can cast her thoughts over short or vast distances in a manner virtually identical with telepathy. The entire Earth would be within the range of the Ororo's mind, providing she knew where to contact the specific mind she was seeking. Ororo can simultaneously mentally communicate with up to a dozen minds at one time. Ororo can also tap this universe's store of ambient magical energy and manipulate it mentally for a variety of effects. By tapping this energy Ororo is able to form and hurl magical energy bolts with a high degree of potency and control. She can erect mystical energy shields or screens with a high degree of imperviousness to both physical and magical damage. She can use local magical energy for the conjuration of small physical objects or for unusual luminescent effects. Ororo can also transform one object into another, although the transformation only lasted for as long as she wills it.

Ororo can also utilize magical energy to teleport herself across the face of the Earth or into a mystical dimension (certain higher dimensions where the physical laws can be based more on magic than on scientific principles in numerous cases). Oddly enough, teleportation within a dimension is more taxing than teleportation between dimensions. Such expenditure of energy leaves all human sorcerers mystically debilitated for varying lengths of time. Physical teleportation across time rather than space is the most power-draining means of teleportation.

If fully trained Ororo would possess a knowledge of a host of sorcerous spells and incantations invoking the names and aspects of various extra-dimensional objects and beings of power. Ororo could call upon these extra-dimensional sources of mystical power for very specific effects without taxing her own personal abilities. Some of these extra-dimensional phenomena included the Flames of the Faltine, the Shades of the Seraphim, the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak and the Hoary Hosts of Hoggoth.

Now add all that in with her mutant abilities and watch Storm haters cry...lol
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 10-21-2017 at 07:28 PM.

Magic seems like an overkill. I would love for her to do it but only if she list her mutant abilities. But that's just my opinion. I know most will disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    Magic seems like an overkill. I would love for her to do it but only if she list her mutant abilities. But that's just my opinion. I know most will disagree.
    i actually think it would be overkill too. she's already immensely powerful so i would just like her to maybe explore other aspects of her current abilities to manipulate energy forces. also maybe beinh able to transform into a full elemental being such as lightning or air.

if her magic abilities our explored I think it should be done passively like when she was able to break the band's of cytorrak or when she was a conduit of all magic energy that Magik couldn't contain when they transported back to limbo.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 10-21-2017 at 09:48 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    My opinion is based on tenure. Though, she suffers more than any other female lead character for being a team player for so many years

I really want Storm to learn magic...I feel like she neglecting a part of herself and her heritage.
    ok gotcha. the f4 used to be my favorite team. it's s shame how these studios wars have resulyrf in awful stories for these iconic characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    I agree on certain levels but that's mostly because she part of the X-men. Giving her omega level mutant powers and the list of magic abilities I posted earlier, it would be hard for writers to write her on a team.

On the other hand, I would love to see her go all Cosmic Earthmother or Limbo Storm for a short time. Maybe, have her gain magical powers, kick the **** out of some cosmic being, then have her lose them to save the X-men.

ok gotcha. the f4 used to be my favorite team. it's s shame how these studios wars have resulyrf in awful stories for these iconic characters.
    I've always had a soft spot for Sue. :]

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I can't wait to learn more about Storm's upcoming series. I really hope it is both well written and commercially successful. It's time Storm has been given her due and I hope her new series also gets some proper promotion as well.
    The promotion needed to start yesterday! I can't wait for this series. I've already been telling everyone about it. The anticipation is killing me.
    Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    P.S.- Moneyspider just went in on the BP Thread for the goddess!

I really hope that if Coates does write Storm, there is some cross-over between the Storm title and the BP title. I also want more of what he had in mind for The Crew to be touched upon in the Storm title.
    I'll be heading over there right after this. And I'm totally anticipating a few crossovers between Storm and BP. It only makes sense. It's because of him (his title) that Storm was allowed to shine and ultimately got her second chance at a solo with a writer that's been falling over himself for the chance to give us a truly convincing Storm. Bless Coates in all his endeavors, especially as they relate to Hadari Yao.
    I'm sure there will be plenty of cross over between the books so long as he is the writer im.not too concerned for that
    You better say that, Kyss. Speak that into existence. And I absolutely love the the new sig!
    Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    For a Storm solo title, I would rather see the kind of material introduced to the character in BP&the Crew to be handled in either an annual issue or a short 1-2 issue story arc as a breather between larger stories. I want Storm to fight global, cosmic, and inter-dimensional threats.
    I definitely agree with this, Rutog. Bring on all the global, cosmic, and inter-dimensional threats that Coates can muster. Praise be to The Bright Lady, Hadari Yao, Queen of Prophecy, The All-Goddess who Preserves the Balance of all Natural Things, The most powerful and beautiful WOMAN in ALL of comics, Storm.