• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    she honestly has already been discredited. think about what you told me earlier that you didn't understand the extent of her power until you started posting here. her being on teams withbwriters like guggs is the further erosion on the character to where people believe the way she is shown is how she should be characterized. being on that team doesn't do her any favors.
    I think one of the problems with the success for Storm's solo series is new readers who have come onboard within the last 10 years don't know how awesome she is because she is being written so dismissively in the X-Men team books. I mean, imagine if somebody just started comics last year with Lemire and now Guggenheim and just heard about a Storm solo title coming out. I can see their reaction being, "So what?" Get what I'm saying? They don't know how awesome she is unless they go digging through back issues. Writers have gone out of their way to scale her back so that lesser characters (that includes some of the A-list X-Men, by the way) can shine. People need to be reminded of how great her character is and how powerful she really is.

If she had gotten a solo title in the 80s/90s/2000s, it would have been a huge success. I think her upcoming solo can still be successful, and, if written/marketed well, can grow in success, but I would have had no doubts about this outcome if the book had debuted back then.
    Last edited by rutog98; 11-21-2017 at 09:45 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I think one of the problems with the success for Storm's solo series is new readers who have come onboard within the last 10 years don't know how awesome she is because she is being written so dismissively in the X-Men team books. I mean, imagine if somebody just started comics last year with Lemire and now Guggenheim and just heard about a Storm solo title coming out. I can see their reaction being, "So what?" Get what I'm saying? They don't know how awesome she is unless they go digging through back issues. Writers have gone out of their way to scale her back so that lesser characters (that includes some of the A-list X-Men, by the way) can shine. People need to be reminded of how great her character is and how powerful she really is.
    Dont worry. Coates popularity alone (not even counting Bartel's popularity yet) will keep the sales of the second Storm ongoing solo at a good pace.

BANNED

I prefer to be optimistic but if Storm still shows up in BP's ongoing solo every issue while Storm's ongoing solo is released, it may affect the Storm ongoing solo sales.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Dont worry. Coates popularity alone (not even counting Bartel's popularity yet) will keep the sales of the second Storm ongoing solo at a good pace.
    Hopefully, he does a good job writing the series so that people who buy it just because of his name will be ensnared by the character and her stories making the popularity of the book continuously grow.

BANNED

Here's something else for you guys to consider: If Storm is taken out of the X-office, she will be in the same office that handles Thor, then. I would not be surprised if they scaled her back in that office to prop up Thor even if they are in different books.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    What happened to Scott isn't on the table. What is on the table is the constant mind numbingly dumb anti character development where she accomplished nothing, gets knocked out for no reason and barely talks. She's being written as a token instead of the full fledged deep character we love.
    Yeah, and that's all bad, but I don't want her disparaged on top of it.

Here's something else for you guys to consider: If Storm is taken out of the X-office, she will be in the same office that handles Thor, then. I would not be surprised if they scaled her back in that office to prop up Thor even if they are in different books.
    Which one, Fosthor or Thor Odinson?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Which one, Fosthor or Thor Odinson?
    Either. I think they would write her down for either one.

BANNED

Huh? Thor is a goddess with more powers than you can count. I don't understand the persistent fear you have that Storm will be written down if she's near another powerful elemental or woman.

BANNED

If the second Storm ongoing solo sales will be low and will only last 12 issues, its fine with me for as long as the solo showed Storm beating Thanos, Molecule Man, Galactus, Living Tribunal and One Above All. Buwahahahaha.

I know you guys might not believe this but there use to be a time when X-Writers actually wrote team book and not Solo series with X-Men as background characters.

It seems like a distanced memory now, not sure if I believe it myself now...
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I know you guys might not believe this but there use to be a time when X-Writers actually wrote team book and not Solo series with X-Men as background characters.

It seems like a distanced memory now, not sure if I believe it myself now...
    I remember that time. The last x-writer to do so was gillen and he was moderate at best..
    Last edited by Chaos Reigns; 11-21-2017 at 10:20 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    I remember that time. The last x-quieter to do so even moderately well was gillen.
    How is it possible? who were taking the better roles?

Either. I think they would write her down for either one.
    If Storm were to team-up with Unworthy Thor, his unworthiness could justify Storm pulling more weight than him, for those Thor fans who would be upset by it. Regardless, even if Thor is more powerful, Storm should still throw down with and alongside heavyweights like Thor.

I honestly don't see how Storm being written out of the X-universe will improve her situation. It's not an X-office problem, it's Marvel period as I feel everything across the board is lackluster imo.