• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    That would be cool if Aaron’s Thor run culminates with the formation of a new pantheon of gods; could Storm be a member of that pantheon?
    I don't want Storm to be limited to some Earth-based pantheon. The evidence in Storm's history points to her being potentially a universal or even omniversal power. I don't mind various pantheons of gods showing up in her series (some for friendship, others as foes), but don't make her one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    Huh? Thor is a goddess with more powers than you can count. I don't understand the persistent fear you have that Storm will be written down if she's near another powerful elemental or woman.
    The problem is the writer may believe Thor to be the stronger elemental of the two and write her down in an effort to emphasize that. Look, Storm and Jean have very different powers, yet Ororo is scaled back everytime Jean joins the team. I also believe she has been scaled back for Iceman and we know for a fact she has been written down to prop up Magneto. I don't like Ororo with other elementals. Writers tend to scale her back to make their powers relevant.

BANNED

Question, what kind of a plane that hit Storm's house in Egypt?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I don't want Storm to be limited to some Earth-based pantheon. The evidence in Storm's history points to her being potentially a universal or even omniversal power. I don't mind various pantheons of gods showing up in her series (some for friendship, others as foes), but don't make her one of them.

The problem is the writer may believe Thor to be the stronger elemental of the two and write her down in an effort to emphasize that. Look, Storm and Jean have very different powers, yet Ororo is scaled back everytime Jean joins the team. I also believe she has been scaled back for Iceman and we know for a fact she has been written down to prop up Magneto. I don't like Ororo with other elementals. Writers tend to scale her back to make their powers relevant.
    Do you have any evidence to support that? When Lobdell had Iceman and Jean on the same team she was the most powerful one there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    Do you have any evidence to support that? When Lobdell had Iceman and Jean on the same team she was the most powerful one there.
    Yet he:

1) Ignored all of Storm's history and made both Jean and Iceman omega mutants. Iceman never was established to wield potentially unlimited power while Storm had that potential from the start. Till this day it still doesn't make sense how Bobby could have ever been considered an omega mutant going by the original concept of the term (when he was labelled one) given what his powerset is. Its a total joke. I believe Storm was ignored here to prop up Jean.

2) It doesn't even fit Iceman's powers to be able to create absolute zero temperatures, yet he has while Storm, who actually has a powerset where she could do it, hasn't. I believe this has been done to try and make his power relevant.

3) I think part of the reason Lobdell tried to reduce Storm's immunity to cold (something she's had since day 1) to a mere resistance was an attempt make a difference between herself and Iceman. He wanted Bobby to be impervious to cold while Ororo merely resistant. On top of it, the explanation Lobdell gave for this was laughable as going by that, Storm would never be able to channel or generate a lightning bolt in her body without freezing to death.

4) Storm has never done any cosmic feats on the X-Men while Jean was in the same book after we got Phoenix Force Jean Grey. This is true whether is basic Jean or Phoenix Force-possessed Jean.

5) Every single time Jean is on the same team as Ororo, Storm loses her psychic defenses. Not one time has Storm ever been able to keep a telepath out of her head while Jean was on the team. Take Jean off the team and all of a sudden Storm can beat back telepathic attacks with her mental defenses from psis much more powerful than Jean.

6) While Lobdell made Storm the most powerful member of the X-Men, Jean was the toughest member because he stripped Ororo of her mental defenses to make her vulnerable to Jean. Thus, Jean could beat any member of the team because of her telepathy. Jean even threatened Storm on-panel with her telepathy to drive this point home.

7) Lobdell weakened Storm so that she could not even alter weather over a continent when she had altered weather over a much larger continent in the earlier Claremont run.

8) I want Storm's control over EM energy shown and explored more. If she is on a team with Magneto or Polaris, they will scale this power back, or, more likely ignore it, to make the magnets on the team relevant in terms of power.

9) Storm was often times regulated to the background shooting thin, anemic-looking lightning bolts.
    Last edited by rutog98; 11-22-2017 at 02:39 AM.

BANNED

Who wants this back?

BANNED

Rutog98 and Chaos Reigns. I think you both should get Storm avatars first.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Yet he:

1) Ignored all of Storm's history and made both Jean and Iceman omega mutants. Iceman never was established to wield potentially unlimited power while Storm had that potential from the start. Till this day it still doesn't make sense how Bobby could have ever been considered an omega mutant going by the original concept of the term (when he was labelled one) given what his powerset is. Its a total joke. I believe Storm was ignored here to prop up Jean.

2) It doesn't even fit Iceman's powers to be able to create absolute zero temperatures, yet he has while Storm, who actually has a powerset where she could do it, hasn't. I believe this has been done to try and make his power relevant.

3) I think part of the reason Lobdell tried to reduce Storm's immunity to cold (something she's had since day 1) to a mere resistance was an attempt make a difference between herself and Iceman. He wanted Bobby to be impervious to cold while Ororo merely resistant. On top of it, the explanation Lobdell gave for this was laughable as going by that, Storm would never be able to channel or generate a lightning bolt in her body without freezing to death.
    I'm not sure I follow you here. Bobby is a hydrokinetic who can mentally slow or stop molecules...thus removing heat. Later writers expanded upon that and made him damn near unkillable and a global threat. Remember for a while he did wear a power damping belt to control his powers.

I'm behind you when it comes to placing Storm above him in sheer power level but let's not **** on Bobby because writers actually thought about how his powers work. It actually give me some hope that a writer might come along and say..."Wait, Storm can do the same thing, plus control the eletro-magnetic field, plus control the air, plus control cosmic energy, plus transform molecules...etc".

On a side note, I was thinking maybe one of the reason Strom hasn't taking on her elemental form is because her looks is so iconic. Though I would love to see her return to this form.

Attachment 58132
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Question, what kind of a plane that hit Storm's house in Egypt?

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post

Just got chills. Again.
    I wonder how much foreshadowing Clearmont was actually doing here ,in having N'Dere say that even from conception she knew her Baby was special. Is this aside from being a Mutant? aside from Windrider markings which she clearly display there? Or something more?
    Is this the equivalent of Mary and Jesus?

Who wants this back?

Can We get Something New. Fresh.
    A Rebirth or resurrection if you will. Maybe Use her Headdress as her Symbol overlapping The "Storm"

That something we should rally for. A contest for the new Storm title Header

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    That something we should rally for. A contest for the new Storm title Header
    A contest would be neat.

Who wants this back?

Maybe not this, at least not how it is.

I flipped through Gold. Storm has more than one line surprisingly enough. The look she gave Logan after he threatened those people was funny. Anyway, the arc seemed to be an interesting set up, but a cynical part of me thinks it will fall flat.

And no, Rlaam I will not post scans of Storm's appearances.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    I flipped through Gold. Storm has more than one line surprisingly enough. The look she gave Logan after he threatened those people was funny. Anyway, the arc seemed to be an interesting set up, but a cynical part of me thinks it will fall flat.

And no, Rlaam I will not post scans of Storm's appearances.
    lolol

i thought the issue was garbage. the xmen were ineffectual without kitty, and once kitty gave ororo orders to do something she more or less just said "bright lady." We are 16 issues in and I'm still unclear of her purpose in this book. The same is somewhat true for Kurt too. So I would not recommend anyone picking this up for the couple of extra dialogue boxes she got.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-22-2017 at 06:09 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

While researching about Storm right now, I happen to find the Greg Pak interview again, which my username was in it: https://www.cbr.com/x-position-greg-...nderous-close/

quoting:

Next up, RLAAMJR has a question about one of “Storm’s” supporting characters.

Can Marisol grow large trees and bend them?

We haven’t yet seen her do that, but she does some pretty huge things in issue #11, so don’t miss it! As an added note, I loved the chance to create Marisol with artist Victor Ibañez and was thrilled by how positively she was received by fans. I hope she’ll pop up again soon in someone’s book.