• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    But if one was born a Goddess how would you know that you not mutant.
    Apocalypse is ancient and he see himself as a God.
    Namor is the oldest living Known Mutant. And views himself the rightfully ruler via his Atlantis blood.
    Jean Became a Cosmic Entity .
    So your saying if Storm tried to do her origin Mondern day you feel that civilized educated American won't worship her or believe she's a goddess despite being a Mutant?

But what if people did believe she was a Goddess despite the Xgene . What if they chose to worship her because She cannot hide her divinty.
    Then I suppose someone or some group would go out of their way to slap an inhibitor collar around her neck and simply kill her as a heretic or a false goddess.
    Last edited by ZNOP; 11-24-2017 at 02:15 PM.

Ive wanted that too. actually in a long time.
    A Former Worshiper who seeks Revenge. With the mean and skills to do it. Almost design for killing her.
    It would be nice Villain.
    And take a emotional spiritual toll on Ororo.
    Yeah, the idea that Storm herself could be detrimental to others could lead her to a spiritual/existential crisis, which would be a nice change of pace since, as far as I recall, it's usually the X-Men and mutantkind that inspire existential crises in their antagonists.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Yeah, the idea that Storm herself could be detrimental to others could lead her to a spiritual/existential crisis, which would be a nice change of pace since, as far as I recall, it's usually the X-Men and mutantkind that inspire existential crises in their antagonists.
    Sounds like an updated version of the Morlock story.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

But if one was born a Goddess how would you know that you not mutant.
    Apocalypse is ancient and he see himself as a God.
    Namor is the oldest living Known Mutant. And views himself the rightfully ruler via his Atlantis blood.
    Jean Became a Cosmic Entity .
    So your saying if Storm tried to do her origin Mondern day you feel that civilized educated American won't worship her or believe she's a goddess despite being a Mutant?

But what if people did believe she was a Goddess despite the Xgene . What if they chose to worship her because She cannot hide her divinty.
    Well in terms of being a god, typically speaking, they are immune to the things that affect mortals such as aging, diseases, etc., which most mutsnts are susceptible too. There is also the xgene that distinguishes mutants from
    other species, specifically gods.

Just because someone views themselves as all powerful akin to a god does not make it so. So in spite of how powerful apocalypse was he empirically was just a mutant. Furthermore, when he came on to the scene the word mutant or idea of it wasn't even understood so him thinking he was one make complete sense.

Also, yes I am saying Americans would not be inclined to calling her a goddess not because of being civilized but because they were educated and aware of what mutant and mutations means. In her actual origin stories being a mutant wasn't widely known. In fact many were living in hiding. After the Xmen came about one of Xaviers mission was to educate people via his school and through legislation to protect mutants. For Ororo origins to be changed to her being here during September 11 and people worshipping her as a goddess would be really forced as the terminology "mutantkind" was something well known through Xavier efforts by that time.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-24-2017 at 04:53 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Well in terms of being a god, typically speaking, they are immune to the things that affect mortals such as aging, diseases, etc., which most mutsnts are susceptible too. There is also the xgene that distinguishes mutants from

Just because someone views themselves as all powerful akin to a god does not make it so. So in spite of how powerful apocalypse was he empirically was just a mutant. Furthermore, when he came on to the scene the word mutant or idea of it wasn't even understood so him thinking he was one make complete sense.

Also, yes I am saying Americans would not be inclined to calling her a goddess not because of being civilized but because they were educated and aware of what mutant and mutations means. In her actual origin stories being a mutant wasn't widely known. In fact many were living in hiding. After the Xmen came about one of Xaviers mission was to educate people via his school and through legislation to protect mutants. For Ororo origins to be changed to her being here during September 11 and people worshipping her as a goddess would be really forced as the terminology "mutantkind" was something well known through Xavier efforts by that time.
    most if not all of us read "before the storm"
    who's to say some fanatic did find those temples wall
    Where Ororo prophecy is foretold. And took her Windrider markings (White hair blue eyes) as the signal and sign as her Goddesshood. What only That side of the world only heard the legends of the Windrider.
    This is also a belief system. She (Ororo) believed it too. Not only with her abilites but her visions . And the inner need to come home.and also people telling her she was. And returned the people believe it too.
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 11-24-2017 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Then I suppose someone or some group would go out of their way to slap an inhibitor collar around her neck and simply kill her as a heretic or a false goddess.
    Which I hope to read.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

I thought we were talking about a hypothetical universe where mutants were a new phenomena in the 21st century; if not, then your point stands. I still think a former worshiper of Storm's could make for an interesting antagonist for her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    Global impact? Please it impacted Wakanda. Storm saving the world one tv in Dallas has more global impact than her short marriage. You think because I don't value her second billing status in BP that I can't recognize any value from the marriage. As I said it didn't benefit her and being written was a drain on her character. Her being queen didn't actually produce any significant development for her unless you count helping amputees.

You can call it brain washing, I can call what you are doing misogynoir and we can keep it moving. All you have done is support her secondary status and pretended it added value to her character when it didn't. First you said that she's was his equal, that changed once it was clear she was not. That's ok and fine because she's with a black guy and black love matters more than Storm ever being treated equally. Just being around him magically raised her orbit when there is literally nothing in comics to support that. She's literally commanded bigger armies, literally done bigger things as an X-man than she ever did as queen. So at the end of the day since she never got equal billing in the marriage and was treated as a supporting character instead of being a co-star for black love then yeah I don't, won't, can't support the union because it literally did next to nothing to increase her visibility in the marvel universe. I kid you not that the X-men did all the heavy lifting in that department.

If they had spent one issue detailing a day in the life where she built a legacy, explained how she wanted to shape policy without being just his support system then you would have something to argue about. But right now you don't. Enjoy your myth of black love I am going to enjoy better representation with two equals: Monica and Adam or even Mysty and Sam. Those relationships don't rely on the women being solely there to support their husbands and remind everyone that women have agency and are equal. Being a queen of a Nation was never something Storm valued. I am not saying that Wakanda as a nation never had value just that being queen for her wasn't important. Loving him was, that would have been great if he had done the same thing but that's not what was written.
    Yes. Global impact. She and her husband went on a global peacekeeping mission. Her marriage also gave her legitimate reason to branch out and join other superhero teams. As a head of State it placed her at the table with other powerful rulers. That's not global impact? I never asked anyone to accept the fact that she was given 2nd billing in BP's solo. That should never have happened. She should have been given more. Her character deserves more. She did then and she does now. But I challenged your idea that she was never written as his equal. That's not true. There are instances where she's shown as having the same standing. When the US tried to spring registration on her, her conversations with both Tony Stark and Reed Richards that followed. All those instances gave her voice an added political weight to them. I very much liked that. Her stint as as member of the F4 gave her the chance to really cut loose power wise. And it showed that she had no equal amongst her teammates. None of them held a candle to her, as it should be. She saved all of Eternity. How isn't that some queen shit? Lol

The idea that Storm never thought much of being queen, I disagree. It was important to her. She didn't really like it much. But in the pages BP and WAP, being a queen was very much important to her. It was revealed in WAP that she values being a queen just as much as leading the X-Men. She can do both. But even after she proclaimed that she could do both she wasn't given the opportunity to until much later. That's what I've been saying.

Was Storm a victim of misogynoir? Yes. And she still is. She's been maligned in more ways tha,n one. In the pages of BP often times she was used to prop T'Challa up. That was clear. And I called it out. That was a very big problem. I've never denied that. But on the flip side of things she was shunted off into obscurity in the X-Men under the guise that she couldn't appear in BP simultaneously. That is misogynoir as well. And the fact that you refuse to see that is very problematic.

BANNED

I thought we were talking about a hypothetical universe where mutants were a new phenomena in the 21st century; if not, then your point stands. I still think a former worshiper of Storm's could make for an interesting antagonist for her.
    I agree. But this person would need some buildup.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    I agree. But this person would need some buildup.
    Definitely. It would be a stronger story if the character had a fundamental misunderstanding of Storm, one that they impose on her, they see an idealized version of her, and when that illusion is shattered, rage and resentment sets in.

most if not all of us read "before the storm"
    who's to say some fanatic did find those temples wall
    Where Ororo prophecy is foretold. And took her Windrider markings (White hair blue eyes) as the signal and sign as her Goddesshood. What only That side of the world only heard the legends of the Windrider.
    This is also a belief system. She (Ororo) believed it too. Not only with her abilites but her visions . And the inner need to come home.and also people telling her she was. And returned the people believe it too.
    I'm not saying she didn't believe it but during that time it didn't seem the whole phenomenon of mutantkind was understood. I don't think taking all of the things you mentioned would translate well to her being born in America. who would worship her? how would those elements in "before the storm" fit in Harlem/nyc??

yea even still I'm not sure i see people worshipping storm as a goddess with heroes already being here such as the xmen. keep in mind while ororo was being worshipped Xavier had built a team of mutants in Westchester. A lot would have to change for that to work in America.

i love the idea about a former worshipper being an antagonist.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Yes. Global impact. She and her husband went on a global peacekeeping mission. Her marriage also gave her legitimate reason to branch out and join other superhero teams. As a head of State it placed her at the table with other powerful rulers. That's not global impact? I never asked anyone to accept the fact that she was given 2nd billing in BP's solo. That should never have happened. She should have been given more. Her character deserves more. She did then and she does now. But I challenged your idea that she was never written as his equal. That's not true. There are instances where she's shown as having the same standing. When the US tried to spring registration on her, her conversations with both Tony Stark and Reed Richards that followed. All those instances gave her voice an added political weight to them. I very much liked that. Her stint as as member of the F4 gave her the chance to really cut loose power wise. And it showed that she had no equal amongst her teammates. None of them held a candle to her, as it should be. She saved all of Eternity. How isn't that some queen shit? Lol

The idea that Storm never thought much of being queen, I disagree. It was important to her. She didn't really like it much. But in the pages BP and WAP, being a queen was very much important to her. It was revealed in WAP that she values being a queen just as much as leading the X-Men. She can do both. But even after she proclaimed that she could do both she wasn't given the opportunity to until much later. That's what I've been saying.

Was Storm a victim of misogynoir? Yes. And she still is. She's been maligned in more ways tha,n one. In the pages of BP often times she was used to prop T'Challa up. That was clear. And I called it out. That was a very big problem. I've never denied that. But on the flip side of things she was shunted off into obscurity in the X-Men under the guise that she couldn't appear in BP simultaneously. That is misogynoir as well. And the fact that you refuse to see that is very problematic.
    agreed 100%!!!
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-25-2017 at 02:01 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Definitely. It would be a stronger story if the character had a fundamental misunderstanding of Storm, one that they impose on her, they see an idealized version of her, and when that illusion is shattered, rage and resentment sets in.
    You mean the illusion that erroneously paints Ororo as an actual goddess instead of a mere mutant born to two baseline humans?

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    You mean the illusion that erroneously paints Ororo as an actual goddess instead of a mere mutant born to two baseline humans?
    Sure, that would be the simplest. Regardless of whatever adventures Storm is having now, she was not originally/initially a truly divine being (to my knowledge). Maybe she’s on her way now, but she wasn’t before.

Fantastic Member TheForbiddenOne's Avatar

I've dropped X-men Gold but Storm is much more enjoyable when she isn't at the forefront

Quote Originally Posted by TheForbiddenOne View Post
    I've dropped X-men Gold but Storm is much more enjoyable when she isn't at the forefront
    When has she been at the forefront?