10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Storm has been impervious to cold under every writer save Lobdell who tried to make her merely resistant to cold. Then, on top of that, he only pulled that in one issue. Again, every writer before and after Lobdell has had her impervious to cold.

Regarding extreme heat, this is where you get stuff that doesn't make sense. Storm is immune to lightning. A single bolt of NATURALLY OCCURING lightning is 5x as hot as the surface of the sun. On top of that, Storm's lightning bolts are FAR more powerful than natural ones. She can generate bolts strong enough to punch a hole all the way down to the Morlock Tunnels (Morlocks live a thousand feet underground) or even blow up a Herald of Galactus. On top of this, we have seen Storm absorb into her body the full electrical power of an entire storm and have no problems whatsoever with the heat or electricity from all of that accumulated lightning compressed within the small space of her body. That said, she has been hurt by fire, but fire is much colder than lightning. Storm should be impervious to fire and plasma just like she is immune to cold.

Moving on, in the Storm vs. Torch thing, Torch should not be able to hurt her with his flame powers, to be honest. She should be impervious to his abilities. Secondly, she could easily neutralize his powers if she wanted to. In order for fire to exist, it requires air to burn. Robbed of that air, a fire will die out. If Storm wanted to beat Torch in a very easy fight, all she'd have to do is simply command the air to leave from around him and he would be powerless. Claremont had the fight drawn out like this just to give Storm a moment to show-off talking about how her winds can level mountains and lift buildings as she hefts the skyscraper in the air he tried to collapse on top of her while simultaneously tearing the building apart with her winds and burying him in the resulting rubble..
    Last edited by rutog98; 11-27-2017 at 11:30 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Simple answer. She would have dodged the attack. Johnny is in his "Flame On" state, even with the Brood's nanonites pushing her to win...she still smart enough to dodge an attack.
    What if she can't dodge it, do you think she can take a direct hit?

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    Yes. But if they have mutual control over a particular element it all comes down to sheer willpower .. classic example is Storm vs anyone dumb enough to throw lightning at her
    exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Storm has been impervious to cold under every writer save Lobdell who tried to make her merely resistant to cold. Then, on top of that, he only pulled that in one issue. Again, every writer before and after Lobdell has had her impervious to cold.

Regarding extreme heat, this is where you get stuff that doesn't make sense. Storm is immune to lightning. A single bolt of NATURALLY OCCURING lightning is 5x as hot as the surface of the sun. On top of that, Storm's lightning bolts are FAR more powerful than natural ones. She can generate bolts strong enough to punch a hole all the way down to the Morlock Tunnels (Morlocks live a thousand feet underground) or even blow up a Herald of Galactus. On top of this, we have seen Storm absorb into her body the full electrical power of an entire storm and have no problems whatsoever with the heat or electricity from all of that accumulated lightning compressed within the small space of her body. That said, she has been hurt by fire, but fire is much colder than lightning. Storm should be impervious to fire and plasma just like she is immune to cold.

Moving on, in the Storm vs. Torch thing, Torch should not be able to hurt her with his flame powers, to be honest. She should be impervious to his abilities. Secondly, she could easily neutralize his powers if she wanted to. In order for fire to exist, it requires air to burn. Robbed of that air, a fire will die out. If Storm wanted to beat Torch in a very easy fight, all she'd have to do is simply command the air to leave from around him and he would be powerless. Claremont had the fight drawn out like this just to give Storm a moment to show-off talking about how her winds can level mountains and lift buildings as she hefts the skyscraper in the air he tried to collapse on top of her while simultaneously tearing the building apart with her winds and burying him in the resulting rubble..
    so no one else showed her being susceptible to extreme temps? I thought she froze one time in space and even mentioned she felt frozen this was Claremont who wrote her.

also I think she should be unaffected by his powers as well, especially considering what you mentioned but aside from lightning I've never seen her take a full fire blast. but I agree with your rationale as to why she should be.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Like I said before plenty of things happen in a characters solo that don't translate or transfer to a team book. There is no evidence during that instance when storm broke the band's that his powers was weakened.

Her power is linked to her mind, body, spirit:
    Whenever you like it or not, thats not how it works in a shared continuity. Like Bobby being outed in one book, does not turn him straight in another just because it's not mentioned.

(Sry, but the image is too small to read the text... I can see Storm falling over however)

Anyways my point is that you are pretty much telling me that Storm is technically omnipotent since by your logic, her power is infinite... with her spirit being great enough to contain Eternity, or should I say survive it? It should perhaps be underlined that Strange is not saying Storm or himself could handle it indefinitely, only that they are the only ones present that could survive it.
    It's kinda like Green Lantern: Rebirth, as an example regarding this thing with Infinity. During the story, Green Arrow gets hold of a Green Lantern Ring, and just manages to put out enough willpower to be able to conjure a single arrow he shoots Sinestro with. Afterwards Ollie is mentally exhausted and trying to wrap his head around how Kyle and the other GL's can manage the rings with such ease. In this case, Storm and Strange are Green Arrow, and the GL's are Infinity. Storm and Strange can just manage manage the kind of power Infinity is packing for a very limited amount of time, but they are not going to turn into Infinity anymore than Oliver would legitimately have turned into a Green Lantern by just managing a single arrow.

you are just again not familiar with her power and power set so when things happen that don't align to your head canon you call it crap. however 616 supports everything I have claimed.
    I am sorry for my rough choice of words, I was getting tired.
    Anyways the 616 universe also had Dr. Strange mowing down entire dimensions and facing off against beings capable of that. But that Dr. Strange is not here now, and most people don't appear to know he once was that powerful or can give a good explanation why he lost that level of mojo. Same is true of Storm, what she was 10, 20 or 30 years ago is not the same as she is now.

lastly in terms of her having the potential to reach infinite power is also 616 canon:
    It's also in a 3rd person narration that frequently says a lot of things thats never actually proven.

... continued from above

in fact the only thing holding storm back from achieving and reaching her full potential is herself. in fact in an alternate future ororo finally ascends to a new form stripping the physical limits imposed on her away:
    I am sorry, but I don't personally put alot into various potential futures, especially with the X-Men. This is just one version of how she turns out, in a lot of other versions she's dead within 5 years of the current timeline along with the majority of the current mutants.

hey there. anyone who cares to answer this I have a question. Johnny was under the impression Ororo couldn't durvuvrba nova blast from him. Based upon her being highly resistant to extreme temps how do you all think she would have faired had had attempted to hit her with that blast.
    She would likely have been charcoal if Johnny's burst really is 'nova' levels, since there is not really anywhere Storm could go to avoid it.

i think level of control most definitely should be a factor but when you say level what does this mean? are we talking about control on a molecular or macro scale level or both? that said though iceman has better control over ice than storm I think in most in instances iceman would lose against her.
    Whenever or not Bobby would loose to her depends on their mindsets. But personally I think Bobby has the far stronger hand here if he really taps into his powers... because at that point, he stops having an actual body Storm could strike at unless she could eradicate every water molecule on the planet, including the ones inside of her. And opposite that, all Bobby needed to do was to freeze the water inside of her to kill her, and this is a guy who can drop temperatures wherever he wants to the point of absolute zero within a split-second.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    I think whenever Storm fights another elemental, shouldn't the individual level of control be a factor?
    Biggest mystery is how she is going to fair against Meggan. Meggan "talks" to the elements, and a lot of people are saying this is superior than pure psionic control. This is something that is pretty interesting to discuss.

But anyway, Meggan still can dodge, adapt or throw away anything Storm throws at her. I think she's one of the most powerful elementals in the world.

Oh lord ... ya'll should've lt Meggan eat her food tbh
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    Biggest mystery is how she is going to fair against Meggan. Meggan "talks" to the elements, and a lot of people are saying this is superior than pure psionic control. This is something that is pretty interesting to discuss.

But anyway, Meggan still can dodge, adapt or throw away anything Storm throws at her. I think she's one of the most powerful elementals in the world.
    This is a great discussion. Megan is strong but taking to the elements has its own limits. Can she still use her peers when they don't talk back?

What about being overwhelmed? It takes a lot for Storm to be overwhelmed by anything. The same can't be said for Megan. Megan has one multi dimensional feat in her history. Storm has one universal feat by containing eternity, it was passive while Meghan literally stopped the multiverse from dying.

Honestly neither of those feats have anything to do with this discussion but Storm has shown more Dominion over the elements with Thor being the only elemental with more raw power. That magical god being has an elder goddess and sky father as parents. Storm would win but what if the elements rejected her and accepted Megan or vice versa? They have agency here.
    Last edited by Chaos Reigns; 11-28-2017 at 06:13 AM.

Which do you think is more powerful... Talking" to something or complete "Command" of it? Meggan is really powerful and in certain situations is a beast but she not on Storm's level of power. It's kind of like Shaman and Talisman. Shaman can talk with the spirits and ask them to do stuff for him, while Talisman commands the spirits without any questions.

Gonna need proof of this...please.

Quote Originally Posted by malachi_munroex View Post
    Oh lord ... ya'll should've lt Meggan eat her food tbh
    Right, she's over there eating her breakfast.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 11-28-2017 at 06:35 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I believe Storm is not immune to the elements.
    I believe certain things are auto regulated. And she channel most energy through her with a concious thought.

And to the scan with her and Johnny.
    It's all about timing. Johnny could have microwave her. Or exploded.
    But Storm for the Win.
    All Day.
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 11-28-2017 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Looking up megan

What if she can't dodge it, do you think she can take a direct hit?

Unless she thinks quick, she would be injured by that attack, if not killed.

While she has some resistance to heat, she not immune to it.

BANNED

More Storm fans posting on this thread. Hurray!

BANNED

Storm is not Immune to the Elements she is just HIGHLY resistant to them. The fight with Human Torch would have ended with Storm winning anyway. Yes, he could have gone supernova, or exerted more heat or shot a fireball. But truth of the matter is anything he does wouldn’t help if you have someone that can exceed the limits of Wind Pressure or A Torrental of Rain and Snow. It’s kinda hard for fire keep going when unnatural rain and snow are plowed in your face. Now we know Storm has some form of Heat Manipulation she has in one instance increased the heat causing a heat explosion as seen here:

Attachment 58407
    Attachment 58408
    Attachment 58409

Johnny Storm can beat Storm, though more than likely Storm would win most matches against him.

Now this talk about Storm being immune to heat No. She is highly resistant however I doubt she would survive a NovaBlast if she were smart she would blanket herself with some form of cold that would cancel out the heat. Anyway, if HT hit her with fire Storm would fine, just not on Temp that rival the sun. Storm would be a burnt chicken.
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 11-28-2017 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Whenever you like it or not, thats not how it works in a shared continuity. Like Bobby being outed in one book, does not turn him straight in another just because it's not mentioned.

(Sry, but the image is too small to read the text... I can see Storm falling over however)

Anyways my point is that you are pretty much telling me that Storm is technically omnipotent since by your logic, her power is infinite... with her spirit being great enough to contain Eternity, or should I say survive it? It should perhaps be underlined that Strange is not saying Storm or himself could handle it indefinitely, only that they are the only ones present that could survive it.
    It's kinda like Green Lantern: Rebirth, as an example regarding this thing with Infinity. During the story, Green Arrow gets hold of a Green Lantern Ring, and just manages to put out enough willpower to be able to conjure a single arrow he shoots Sinestro with. Afterwards Ollie is mentally exhausted and trying to wrap his head around how Kyle and the other GL's can manage the rings with such ease. In this case, Storm and Strange are Green Arrow, and the GL's are Infinity. Storm and Strange can just manage manage the kind of power Infinity is packing for a very limited amount of time, but they are not going to turn into Infinity anymore than Oliver would legitimately have turned into a Green Lantern by just managing a single arrow.

I am sorry for my rough choice of words, I was getting tired.
    Anyways the 616 universe also had Dr. Strange mowing down entire dimensions and facing off against beings capable of that. But that Dr. Strange is not here now, and most people don't appear to know he once was that powerful or can give a good explanation why he lost that level of mojo. Same is true of Storm, what she was 10, 20 or 30 years ago is not the same as she is now.

It's also in a 3rd person narration that frequently says a lot of things thats never actually proven.

I am sorry, but I don't personally put alot into various potential futures, especially with the X-Men. This is just one version of how she turns out, in a lot of other versions she's dead within 5 years of the current timeline along with the majority of the current mutants.

She would likely have been charcoal if Johnny's burst really is 'nova' levels, since there is not really anywhere Storm could go to avoid it.

Whenever or not Bobby would loose to her depends on their mindsets. But personally I think Bobby has the far stronger hand here if he really taps into his powers... because at that point, he stops having an actual body Storm could strike at unless she could eradicate every water molecule on the planet, including the ones inside of her. And opposite that, all Bobby needed to do was to freeze the water inside of her to kill her, and this is a guy who can drop temperatures wherever he wants to the point of absolute zero within a split-second.
    1.) The thing with Bobby's sexuality however was that it occurred initially in a team book and carried over into his solo. The same wasn't the case with Dr. Strange powers being wonky. Again where in that story where he used the bands of Cytorrak on ororo does it state his powers were on the fritz? It doesn't and therefore it's very likely none of what was occurring in his solo was taken into account when the writer wrote this encounter.

2.) Of course that's all you can see because anything that is perceived devaluing her abilities further your narrative of her being weaker than she actually is. At any rate if you we're to right click and select view image, you would see her attempting to harmonize her mind, body, and soul as she was attempting to maximize her abilities while on the brood planet. This is an admission that all of these aspects of her being are rewuired for her powers to work optimally. This directly contradicts your initial argument based upon your head canon.

3.) What is it about Strange and Ororo that gives them the ability to survive such a move? Strange said it was due to their strength of spirit. There was no mention that she could only do it for a few moments or for several hours or for several years for that matter. The duration was not relevant and never mentioned and, this is information you are adding. The take away from this is that two cosmic entities (Stardust and silver surfer) did not have the spirit string enough to house eternity, yet Ororo did have the strength if spirit necessary to do this, which shows her spirit is infinitely strong as eternity is an infinite being. I necessary she was omnipotent or that her power is infinite but the potential has always been there for it to be as such, hence the images potential to RogueStorm and her being a potential omega mutant.

4.) I'm not sure what point you are making about his mojo being lost. At any rate, there is no evidence was weak and not operating st full strength within the book when he encountered storm.

5.) ok.

6.) You don't need to look at the potential future. You can look to 616 canon and what has happened. She is a potential omega mutant, which means she has the ability to potentially have access to limitless power. The reason she hasn't is due to her self imposed limits which is primarily a result of being a mutant.

7.) I'm not sure i understand how a nova blast could hurt her when she channels lightning just as hot through her body on a regular. Not saying it wouldn't happen though but just acknowledging it doesn't make any sense.

8.) There have been at least 3 encounters I can think of where Ororo has downed Bobby. Two of those encounters she used lightning to ko him, and one she used wind. He was in his ice form in all three of those encounters so I don't see that as working in his favor.

Unless she thinks quick, she would be injured by that attack, if not killed.

While she has some resistance to heat, she not immune to it.
    the latter is what I thought but there seems to be some inconsistent thoughts here that she is immune or resistant. however, in still not quite sure how this attack would do much harm when she channels lightning through her at temps that are just as hot.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-28-2017 at 12:50 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

the latter is what I thought but there seems to be some inconsistent thoughts here that she is immune or resistant. however, in still not quite sure how this attack would do much harm when she channels lightning through her at temps that are just as hot.
    That might have more to do with her weather abilities. Like the Human Torch she immune to the elements she controls (Wind, Lightning, Rain/Water..etc) but Fire is not a direct element of her powers. So while she is resistant to temperature extremes, direct fire to her skin will burn her.

That might have more to do with her weather abilities. Like the Human Torch she immune to the elements she controls (Wind, Lightning, Rain/Water..etc) but Fire is not a direct element of her powers. So while she is resistant to temperature extremes, direct fire to her skin will burn her.
    is she actually immune to these elements? she can still be blown away, she can still get wet. but at any rate she has deflected a blast of fire from idie before. not sure it was direct control or not but she would have to have done resistance to withstand being that close to a direct blast.

but being objective she was burned badly by Phoenix fire

And in terms of your assessment of forms of weather she controls we have to remember she just manipulate the energy that govern the weather. she should be able to manipulate fire as it's just a form of thermal energy at the end of the day.

that said i think in terms of extreme temps both from it being hot and cold she should have complete immunity even if 616 has shown otherwise.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-28-2017 at 02:04 PM.