• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Agreed. I was just putting in my two cents in refuting what the other poster said in trying to minimize Storm's Eternity feat with his Jean argument.
    lolol oh ok. just make sure lol. the user seems to want to lowball her upper end feats not sure y
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Here is another scan talking about how Storm is never cold:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/jAYrXerl-i5...GLfiXqKS=s1600
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/ODyrsKBWqvv...N4OC5njc=s1600

They were in Canada in early January (so its gonna be cold as heck there) and she doesn't need warm clothing to keep from freezing.

BANNED

Here is yet another scan from X-Men: Worlds Apart where Storm says, "When my powers first emerged, I ceased to feel the effects of weather. I forgot what it was like to feel cold..."

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/l-GFho7-qKs...FUM5jOKT=s1600

Does anyone have that scan from an early X-Men issue where Storm goes swimming nude at the mansion? The issue states that she is immune to climate and temperature variation, thus she doesn't feel cold. It was around the time she first joined the team and the male X-Men came out and found her naked. It may have been a Classic X-Men backstory. I forget the issue.
    Last edited by rutog98; 11-28-2017 at 09:28 PM.

Here is another scan talking about how Storm is never cold:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/jAYrXerl-i5...GLfiXqKS=s1600
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/ODyrsKBWqvv...N4OC5njc=s1600

They were in Canada in early January (so its gonna be cold as heck there) and she doesn't need warm clothing to keep from freezing.
    ok I think I'm sold on her being immune to cold. thanks for the scans.

Here is an earlier post I made on this same question from two pages ago:

"Storm has been impervious to cold under every writer save Lobdell who tried to make her merely resistant to cold. Then, on top of that, he only pulled that in one issue. Again, every writer before and after Lobdell has had her impervious to cold.

Regarding extreme heat, this is where you get stuff that doesn't make sense. Storm is immune to lightning. A single bolt of NATURALLY OCCURING lightning is 5x as hot as the surface of the sun. On top of that, Storm's lightning bolts are FAR more powerful than natural ones. She can generate bolts strong enough to punch a hole all the way down to the Morlock Tunnels (Morlocks live a thousand feet underground) or even blow up a Herald of Galactus. On top of this, we have seen Storm absorb into her body the full electrical power of an entire storm and have no problems whatsoever with the heat or electricity from all of that accumulated lightning compressed within the small space of her body. That said, she has been hurt by fire, but fire is much colder than lightning. Storm should be impervious to fire and plasma just like she is immune to cold.

Moving on, in the Storm vs. Torch thing, Torch should not be able to hurt her with his flame powers, to be honest. She should be impervious to his abilities. Secondly, she could easily neutralize his powers if she wanted to. In order for fire to exist, it requires air to burn. Robbed of that air, a fire will die out. If Storm wanted to beat Torch in a very easy fight, all she'd have to do is simply command the air to leave from around him and he would be powerless. Claremont had the fight drawn out like this just to give Storm a moment to show-off talking about how her winds can level mountains and lift buildings as she hefts the skyscraper in the air he tried to collapse on top of her while simultaneously tearing the building apart with her winds and burying him in the resulting rubble.."

Hope that answers your question. Fire hurts Storm in canon, but it doesn't make any sense for her to be vulnerable to it.
    agreed with the last statement about it not making sense.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    ok I think I'm sold on her being immune to cold. thanks for the scans.

agreed with the last statement about it not making sense.
    I edited my last post to include yet another scan written by Chris Yost to show how he also goes with Ororo being immune to cold. Sorry I can't recall the issue where Storm was stated to be immune to climate and temperature variation when she was swimming nude at the mansion. I just wanted to arm you with all the evidence you need when you go fighting against a Storm-detractor in the future.

Here, Storm tells Iceman that her elemental powers will protect her from the intense cold of his powers:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/h-2oRQRW0Z5...hxuPASHC=s1600
    Last edited by rutog98; 11-28-2017 at 09:41 PM.

I edited my last post to include yet another scan written by Chris Yost to show how he also goes with Ororo being immune to cold. Sorry I can't recall the issue where Storm was stated to be immune to climate and temperature variation when she was swimming nude at the mansion. I just wanted to arm you with all the evidence you need when you go fighting against a Storm-detractor in the future.

Here, Storm tells Iceman how her elemental powers will protect her from the intense cold of his powers:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/h-2oRQRW0Z5...hxuPASHC=s1600
    yes i saw the one from world apart which supports your initial point that she had been described as immune to cold before and after lobdell attempt to rewrite her abilities. thanks for all the scans.

BANNED

yes i saw the one from world apart which supports your initial point that she had been described as immune to cold before and after lobdell attempt to rewrite her abilities. thanks for all the scans.
    No problem.

I think a case can be made that Storm subconsciously manipulate her environment to stay within a certain range. Whenever she is streesed or her connection to the planet is disrupted she can feel heat and cold.

Her body is naturally resistance to temperature changes and her subconscious mind help by adjusting the weather around her.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I think a case can be made that Storm subconsciously manipulate her environment to stay within s certain range. Whenever she is streesed or her connection to the planet is disrupted she can feel heat and cold.

Her body is naturally resistance to temperature changes and subconscious mind help by adjusting the weather around her.
    That's not how her powers work, though, hence she can channel blizzards through her body:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/jtGkQF7HSR6...Fof7JmfC=s1600

The lady is flat out impervious to cold, thus, she can take in those extreme temperatures inside of her body and not feel a thing.

Regarding heat, the whole thing just doesn't add up how she can be harmed by fire and plasma. She should be immune to both just as she is immune to cold.

Edit:

And she clearly was not adjusting the temperature of Iceman's powers in that scan while she was physically holding him up as he produced to extreme cold temperatures. Even the other X-Men were freezing who were standing away from them.
    Last edited by rutog98; 11-28-2017 at 09:58 PM.

I think a case can be made that Storm subconsciously manipulate her environment to stay within a certain range. Whenever she is streesed or her connection to the planet is disrupted she can feel heat and cold.

Her body is naturally resistance to temperature changes and her subconscious mind help by adjusting the weather around her.
    Agree with this.

That's not how her powers work, though, hence she can channel blizzards through her body:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/jtGkQF7HSR6...Fof7JmfC=s1600

The lady is flat out impervious to cold, thus, she can take in those extreme temperatures inside of her body and not feel a thing.

Regarding heat, the whole thing just doesn't add up how she can be harmed by fire and plasma. She should be immune to both just as she is immune to cold.

Edit:

And she clearly was not adjusting the temperature of Iceman's powers in that scan while she was physically holding him up as he produced to extreme cold temperatures. Even the other X-Men were freezing who were standing away from them.
    Clearly, she is not always immune to tempenature changes as Claremont wrote her feeling cold. As much as I hated Lobdell's explanation of her powers in X-Men Unlimited 1. Her body's ability to adjust it's tempenature does explain the inaccuracy (by writers) when it comes to her feeling or getting damaged by her elements

Storm physically and mentally adjust her surrounding to suit her needs
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Clearly, she is not always immune to tempenature changes as Claremont wrote her feeling cold. As much as I hated Lobdell's explanation of her powers in X-Men Unlimited 1. Her body's ability to adjust it's tempenature does explain the inaccuracy (by writers) when it comes to her feeling or getting damaged by her elements

Storm physically and mentally adjust her surrounding to suit her needs
    Your explanation has never existed in canon, not even by Lobdell. Show me the issue that states she physically and mentally adjust her surrounding to fit her needs? Plenty of canon states (and shows) her to be flat out immune to cold. That said, there are other explanations for her feeling frozen when she nearly perished in deep-space without any life support. One could argue that she may not have been properly attuned to the environment of deep space, thus she felt the chill. Personally, I think she felt frozen because of what the issue established: she was at the brink of death and all of her bodily functions had pretty much shut down. This would explain why she would feel frozen. Her body would have ceased to produce body heat.

Lobdell's explanation doesn't work either as it would not explain how she can channel lightning and not freeze to death given the heat extreme of lightning is far greater than that of an antarctic blizzard. Secondly, instead of feeling frozen after nearly dying in the vacuum of space without life support, going by Lobdell's explanation, she would have been overheating tremendously.
    Last edited by rutog98; 11-29-2017 at 03:22 AM.

Which do you think is more powerful... Talking" to something or complete "Command" of it? Meggan is really powerful and in certain situations is a beast but she not on Storm's level of power. It's kind of like Shaman and Talisman. Shaman can talk with the spirits and ask them to do stuff for him, while Talisman commands the spirits without any questions.

Gonna need proof of this...please.
    Meggan surviving the Chaos Wave from Wanda means she can potentially survive a lot of things. Any elemental attack just comes secondary at that point. She is an elemental megamorph, so she has the potential to be somewhat like Darwin, but just elementally limited?

Also, if she is able to morph into air or water, will Storm be able to control her psionically?

I've always thought that psionic control is more powerful than empathic one, but there have been some good points raised for empathic control, but too tired to hunt for those old threads from other sites.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    Meggan surviving the Chaos Wave from Wanda means she can potentially survive a lot of things. Any elemental attack just comes secondary at that point. She is an elemental megamorph, so she has the potential to be somewhat like Darwin, but just elementally limited?

Also, if she is able to morph into air or water, will Storm be able to control her psionically?

I've always thought that psionic control is more powerful than empathic one, but there have been some good points raised for empathic control, but too tired to hunt for those old threads from other sites.
    she's done so before with hydroman

BANNED

she's done so before with hydroman

and with Amelia Voght too.