• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    This is no proof of Jean's will being equal to Ororo. All it shows is the Phoenix Force doing what it does: embuing the host with its power/amplifying the host's natural abilities exponentially. Show me what this has to do with willpower?
    I get you don't like Jean but it says flat out that Jean is using her will to keep herself alive while talking to the Phoenix. Don't low-ball Jean's will of staying alive while being an emaciated crone and using her will to keep everyone alive while suffering unendurable pain. Her will saved them all. It literally says that on the page.

Fantastic Member TheForbiddenOne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lololol just because she was the leader in those titles does not mean she was forefront

wolverine and the xmen: Logan and the students were very central to story and when she took reign though she was headmistress Quentin was far more forefront. she lead from her desk but wasn't central or forefront.

xmen: leader again but none of the stories centered around her in fact jubilee and shogo were far more forefront than she was. she was well written in the first line of stories but much of the stories saw her leadership questioned by colossus and rachel.

Uncanny Xforce: I didn't read much of that because the book was boring but here again I would argue Psylocke was a pretty central character to this series. Storm was there for the ride but how was she forefront?

Extraordinary Xmen: Again she was leader but stories centered around Magik, Colossus, Jean at times.

Being leader or headmistress on a team doesn't mean forefront or central stories especially in context to xmen. if you were talking gold and kitty then I would understand but in none of those stories was she good at everything and the savior. She was shown as unsure, people questioned her judgment left and right and she didn't do much of anything other than shoot lightning.
    Lol nah you just can't be satisfied. Storm could be in the center of every book and you'd have a problem with it.

WATXM focused a lot on her relationship with Wolverine
    X-men focused on her fued with Rachel
    EXTM focused on her taking over Xaiver's mantle and mutantkind leader
    etc.

I ended up dropping X-me Gold for other reasons but its the first time I didn't cringe when reading about her in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    And once again, I agree with rutog98.
    Don't just agree, engage in the conversation. Why do you agree?

Rutog can hold his/her own in a debate he/she doesn't need a cheer squad. Tell us your opinion.

Who knows, you might change my opinion.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Double post
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

Rutog can hold his/her own in a debate he/she doesn't need a cheer squad. Tell us your opinion.

I do read his post and our opinions are usually the same. We rarely have a diffrent opinion when it comes to Storm.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    I get you don't like Jean but it says flat out that Jean is using her will to keep herself alive while talking to the Phoenix. Don't low-ball Jean's will of staying alive while being an emaciated crone and using her will to keep everyone alive while suffering unendurable pain. Her will saved them all. It literally says that on the page.
    We have to understand Rutog98's opinion especially when Jean and Storm are on the same thing. He has provided examples why he doesnt want them both in the same team.

Abd i prefer Storm and Rogue in one team. Their powers complement each other. And they both have white hair.

BANNED

You know you are asking too much right?

BANNED

Who would you cast as Storm if she were to guest in a future Black Panther movie? If Lupita hadn't already been given a role I would've said her.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Who would you cast as Storm if she were to guest in a future Black Panther movie? If Lupita hadn't already been given a role I would've said her.
    Rutina Wesley

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post

I said from the start that Jean has a fierce will (this is the way her willpower has been described in canon, by the way. It has been called "fierce"). Her willpower is not indomitable like Ororo's or Magneto's, however. Heck, Jean's willpower is less than Wolverine's which is why when she tried to attack his mind, he was able to beat back her telepathic attacks. The issue flat out stated that Logan's will was stronger than Jean's and we all know that Storm's and Magneto's willpower is stronger than Logan's.
    Last edited by rutog98; 11-29-2017 at 03:07 PM.

Anyone else antsy to get more details on Storm's upcoming solo? While I would love the complete run down (premise of the book, supporting characters, publication schedule and and start date), I will settle for just know WHEN the book is expected to be out.

Have we head ANY other details?

BANNED

It a theory and it makes sense when you think about it....she subconsciously manipulates her environment to enhance her body natural resistance to the weather.

Dude, you own scans show she is not always immune to the cold. I gave you an explanation of why her body sometimes feels cold. If you don't want to accept your own scans that fine...but should we disregard those issues

So she has to be attuned to something first or it will affect her? Think about that.

You pretty much answered your own question
    1) You created a theory here. No story has ever stated that she manipulates her environment in order to be immune to temperature and cold extreme. It was clearly an innate aspect of her power given to her by Claremont that is automatically present when her bond with the environment she's in is fully formed. No use of power was required. Its the same way she is able to detect the life force in all living things. She can do so innately when her bond with the life force of her environment is fully formed. No use of power is needed to accomplish this.

2) She is completely immune to cold if her connection to the life force of her environment is complete. Again, there is nothing there about an immunity to cold based on some kind of manipulation of the environment. She gains spiritual and material sustenance through her bond with the life force of her environment.

3) Going by the issue itself, all of her biological functions had shut down. In other words, she would be getting chilled. Its like when a person dies, their body stops creating body heat and their stored body heat then leaves their body while not being replenished. That's what happened here.

4) When you said I answered my own question, I was showing that even if going by the Lobdell scenario, your explanation doesn't work. I never said it was valid because it is not. No writer before or after Lobdell went with that crap he wrote.
    Last edited by rutog98; 11-29-2017 at 02:55 PM.

we'll probably get news on the Stom solo most likly January. I think they want it to be
    BIG 2018 News.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    1) Really? You don't think there is any coordination between writers and editors at Marvel? At DC I might have agreed with you, because they have real problem with people feeding Bleeding Cool information and as such they are very tight on whats going on within the various editorial offices. Marvel is different, and especially so when it comes to Bendis.

2) Every statement you've made about this subject implies that's what you want. You may claim you don't want her to be all-powerful, you just want her to be all-powerful (or at the very least eclipse everyone else), so eh...

3) Seriously? Do you think Strange has time to hop halfway across the universe to find someone better when his patient is dying on the table in front of him? No, he does not. And what have they done? Well Jean's long been the host of a near-omnipotent cosmic embodiment of fire and psychic-might, so I bet her strength of spirit is very high. Danny's superpower is basically his ability to control his strength of spirit, better than anyone else on planet Earth btw, thats why he's Iron Fist. And Dr. Doom is Dr. Doom, and has a habit of being able to outperform any other human in whatever endeavour if he wants to and doesn't let his ego get in the way. So what has Storm done then?

No, the only thing I am demonstrating is that I don't give into over-hyping of a characters abilities and status based on ABC logic, alternate realities and sporadic glimpses of potential during exceptional circumstances.
    Same thing here as it was earlier when you claimed Storm had become a god in the Black Panther book, yet utterly failed to provide anything that looked like proof of that.

4) You are right, Strange's predicament from his solo book was not relevant to the event in question, thus it goes without mention... but that does not mean it does not affect it.

5) No, it's an indication of how far along that path Storm is within that given field. She can hold Eternity for a while, she cannot hold it forever, neither is it solid evidence of a potential for infinite power... also because you'd think she'd be using it to perform it here.

6) I was under the impression that Storm was immune to weather generated effects as per the nature of her power... hence why she can basically stand butt naked in the rain, wind and snow without catching a cold. Whenever thats only for weather she herself generates or all weather is something I am uncertain of, and we can't really use Thor as a viable example since from what I can tell he doesn't usually bother with throwing weather at her, and even if he did we'd have to factor in that he's partially magic.
    Anyways, my point with Johnny Storm is that we know Ororo is not immune or resistant to energy attacks... like that of Sentinels and the like, and we haven't seen her dive into star like Thor and Beta-Ray Bill has... so to be honest, I wouldn't imagine Storm being able to walk through a nova blast... which also appears to be what stops Johnny from actually using it.

7) She beat one version of him thats holding most of his powers back...
    1.) I'm not saying that there isn't any coordination but to act as if it is impossible that there were never inconsistencies between different authors who have the same character at the same time would be disingenuous of you. I gave you the perfect example of how it is happening currently with Storm. In Gold, she is being written as uninspired who needs Kitty permission to address threats all while kissing Gambit. In Black Panther she is written as confident, wise, and setting the terms in which she and Tchalla move forward in building their relationship. They read like two completely different characters. So let's not try to act as if these things don't happen regularly or that it is beyond impossible to occur.

2.) That is what you are concluding, but what I am telling you is that I want her written to her full potential and competently so. There is no reason that she should only be shown throwing lightning time and time again when there is so much more to her character.

3.) I never said that Dr. Strange would need to go across the universe to try to find other hosts. I stated that all that mattered were the characters that were present at the time the statement was he made. You are trying to disregard the feat by mentioning other characters that were not present. All that mattered was that of those characters there, two of which were Cosmic beings, only she and Dr. Strange were able to house Eternity. Everything else you mentioned including Jean, Dr. Doom, and whomever are not relevant as they did house Eternity and there is no way to know if they would have been able to.

4.) Thank you for your admission of this fact. That said, since it was not mentioned - magic being broken or whatever - it is highly probable Ororo being able to break free had nothing to do with his powers being weakened as described in his solo. Again, not everyone reads the solo books and wouldn't be aware of the things occurring within them. If his powers being broken was important it would have definitely been mentioned at bare minimum.

5.) Where does it say how long she could hold it? Furthermore, what matters how long she could hold it? The fact that she could hold it at all where two other cosmic beings could not is value of the feat. Also, it very much is an indication of infinite power because of the entity involved. Eternity. His name itself mean infinite. Therefore, her being able to house an entity of infinite power does demonstrate the potential within herself to reach said power. Again, she isn't classified as a potential omega level mutant for no reason.

6.) Her ability to resist or be immune to extreme temperatures are too inconsistent for me to conclude she would be able to survive a nova blast from Johnny. I am more inclined to believe she can resist low temperatures based upon the scans rut provided but with high temperatures i have no idea. Temperatures of lightning far exceed that of fire so it doesn't make sense that she would be burned by fire and not by lightning, as they both are just different forms of energy she should have full control over. All of that said, the verdict is still out for me on whether Johnny could fry her or not.

7.) And he lost to her not employing her full power so again none of that is relevant. The fact of the matter is she still ko'd him.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    That she is. People love to deny Storm her due. It's a way of coping so that they can convince themselves that all her fans are crazy.
    And honey it's beyond pathetic. I never see people go out of there way to minimize a showing from 616 with characters like Magneto or Jean. And you are also right again about them wanting to convince themselves her fans are crazy, but it's very hard to do that when you have 616 backing you up.

It a theory and it makes sense when you think about it....she subconsciously manipulates her environment to enhance her body natural resistance to the weather.

You pretty much answered your own question
    Those scans don't make sense though in context to what we have seen her do before. She was able to disperse a large blizzard and did so without being frozen or overheated when she faced Shaman.

I admit the discussions relating to her immunity against the elements is not really clear to me. However, based upon the scans rut provided there appears to be more discussion demonstrating she is immune to the extreme temperatures (cold, not necessarily hot) than the contrary.

Quote Originally Posted by TheForbiddenOne View Post
    Lol nah you just can't be satisfied. Storm could be in the center of every book and you'd have a problem with it.

WATXM focused a lot on her relationship with Wolverine
    X-men focused on her fued with Rachel
    EXTM focused on her taking over Xaiver's mantle and mutantkind leader
    etc.

I ended up dropping X-me Gold for other reasons but its the first time I didn't cringe when reading about her in a while.
    Oh you are most definitely incorrect about me not being able to be satisfied. Coates is doing a wonderful job with Ororo and she isn't even the center of the book he's writing her in.

That said, focus on a character doesn't translate to effectual focus. All of the stuff you mentioned being focus was garbage (especially her fling with trollverine) and I would have preferred her not being in the book if that was the type of focus they were giving her character.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    I honestly can't think of anyone now that stands out to me as being her. I would want her to be dark skinned and at least 5'10''. I don't know of any actress currently to meet that requirement.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-29-2017 at 03:10 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    Rutina Wesley
    ahh she is pretty and chocolate like i would imagine storm being. how tall is she though?

I said from the start that Jean has a fierce will. Her willpower is not indomitable like Ororo's or Magneto's, however. Heck, Jean's willpower is less than Wolverine's which is why when she tried to attack his mind, he was able to beat back her telepathic attacks. The issue flat out stated that Logan's will was stronger than Jean's and we all know that Storm's and Magneto's willpower is stronger than Logan's.
    do you have scans for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    Anyone else antsy to get more details on Storm's upcoming solo? While I would love the complete run down (premise of the book, supporting characters, publication schedule and and start date), I will settle for just know WHEN the book is expected to be out.

Have we head ANY other details?
    last i heard, a marvel head said it is too early to say when the book will be published or released because it is still in the early phases of development.

1) You created a theory here. No story has ever stated that she manipulates her environment in order to be immune to temperature and cold extreme. It was clearly an innate aspect of her power given to her by Claremont that is automatically present when her bond with the environment she's in is fully formed. No use of power was required. Its the same way she is able to detect the life force in all living things. She can do so innately when her bond with the life force of her environment is fully formed. No use of power is needed to accomplish this.

2) She is completely immune to cold if her connection to the life force of her environment is complete. Again, there is nothing there about an immunity to cold based on some kind of manipulation of the environment. She gains spiritual and material sustenance through her bond with the life force of her environment.

3) Going by the issue itself, all of her biological functions had shut down. In other words, she would be getting chilled. Its like when a person dies, their body stops creating body heat and their stored body heat then leaves their body while not being replenished. That's what happened here.

4) When you said I answered my own question, I was showing that even if going by the Lobdell scenario, your explanation doesn't work. I never said it was valid because it is not. No writer before or after Lobdell went with that crap he wrote.
    This makes sense to me and definitely is consistent with the scans you have shown.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!