10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    so explain to me why you say her powers are telekinetic ?? based upon what? and agreed we are more or less thinking the same thing.
    It's not about being telekinetic per se, it's more on the kinetic part. Control of weather is atmokinesis, control of fire is pyrokinesis and so forth. So it's psionic, so can easily be assumed as psychokinetic.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Courtesy of LAM. What do you think Storm energy rating should be based upon this scale?

Agility - Ability to move the body with flexibility and coordination
    1-Clumsy
    2-Normal
    3-Athlete [above average]
    4-Peak Human
    5-Enhanced Human [beyond the natural limits of the human body]
    6-Superhuman [significantly beyond the natural limits of the human body]
    7-Metahuman [extraordinary beyond the natural limits of the human body]

Durability - Ability to resist and recover from bodily injury or disease
    1-Easily Injured
    2-Normal
    3-Above Average
    4-Enhanced Human
    5-Bulletproof [stronger, harder body than a human's]
    6-Superhuman [can withstand most poisons, concussions, temperature extremes]
    7-Indestructible [almost impossible to injure]

Energy Projection - The ability to discharge energy.
    1-No energy projection abilities
    2-Ability to give off energy upon contact with another surface, rangeless
    3-Ability to give off low levels of energy for a short period of time
    4-Ability to give off low levels of energy for a long period of time
    5-Ability to give off high levels of energy for a short period of time
    6-Ability to give off high levels of energy for a long period of time
    7-Nearly infinite energy projection, immeasurable

Fighting Ability - The proficiency in hand-to-hand combat.
    1-Little to no fighting ability, sick, weakly
    2-Normal human with no combat training
    3-Normal human with some combat training
    4-Normal human with extensive combat training
    5-Master of one form of combat, martial artist
    6-Master of several forms of combat
    7-Master of all forms of combat

Intelligence - The ability to think and process information
    1-Below Normal
    2-Normal
    3-Above Average
    4-Gifted
    5-Genius
    6-Super-Genius
    7-Omniscient

Mental Powers - The ability to project and manipulate psionic energy
    1-No Mental Powers
    2-Possessing a reactive or defensive mental ability; sixth sense
    3-Possessing a single, weak mental ability
    4-Possessing a single, strong mental ability
    5-Possessing a single, high developed mental talent or several weak mental abilities
    6-Possessing multiple developed mental powers, master psionic
    7-Nearly infinite mental powers

Speed - The ability to move over land by running or flight.
    1-Slow [can not attain 15 miles per hour]
    2-Normal [peak between 15-29 miles per hour]
    3-Superhuman [peak range between 111-115 hour]
    4-Subsonic [peak range between 250-500 miles per hour]
    5-Speed of Sound [able to reach Mach 1 or 700 miles per hour]
    6-Supersonic [Peak range: Mach 2 to Mach 4.6 or 0.22-1 miles per second
    7-Light Speed [186,000+ miles per second]

Stamina - Ability to sustain peak exertion before fatigue impairs performance
    1-Unable to sustain for 1 minute
    2-Able to sustain for 1 minute
    3-Able to sustain for up to an hour
    4-Able to sustain for several hours
    5-Able to sustain for a day
    6-Able to sustain for many days
    7-Never tires due to self-generating energy

Strength - Ability to lift weight above one's head with arm fully extended
    1-Below Normal
    2-Normal
    3-Lift Up To 2 Tons
    4-Lift 2-10 Tons
    5-Lift 10-50 Tons
    6-Lift 50-100 Tons
    7-Lift over 100 Tons

There is also a Reflex part that only showed on the Marvel Universe Handbook...if you guys wanna use it...

Reflexes - Reaction time
    1-Below Normal
    2-Normal (average)
    3-Athlete (above average)
    4-Peak Human (significantly above average)
    5-Enhanced Human (beyond the natural limits of the human body)
    6-Superhuman (virtually instantaneous)
    7-Metahuman (instantaneous)
    Answers above in bold. Explanation below.

Durability needs to have a specific gauge. The definition sounds more like Resilience than Durability to me. Like Wolverine can get shot and pierced by the bullet, but can recover from it because of his healing factor. Measure durability when someone takes a bullet to the chest. And Storm will not survive a bullet to the chest, like any humans. External factors also should not count like her winds deflecting bullets. Also her elemental resistance should not be counted as durability.

Strength is supposed to be her strength class. Does not matter if she can lift tons with her winds, that does not make her a Class 100. Some of you guys are gauging her by this.

Intelligence - I measured this by her leadership. She's below Cyclops in terms of being a tactical strategist but still a good one. If there's something between Normal and Above Average, I would put her there.

Mental Powers - ok, old school Marvel always ranks her having a very high mental power rating. Weather control is psionic in nature, so her mental powers is expectedly high here.

Fighting Ability - decent fighting ability, but obviously not the best, but still commendable.

Speed - this needs to be upgraded by Marvel. Their record for her on this is outdated as she has displayed sound of speed speed levels, which should bump her up. EDIT: You know what, I'm being hypocritical. She should only be measured with her speed unaided. So winds pushing her should not be considered as part of her speed. So unaided flight like Superman for example, can be measured in its entirety, but for Storm whose flight is always aided, cannot be measured this way.

Everything else should be in peak athlete human levels like reflexes, stamina, etc. expected from someone that exercises nd trains regularly.
    Last edited by sugarfree; 12-04-2017 at 04:14 AM.

The way I've always viewed Storm's psionic powers, she is constantly projecting psionic energy into her environment. This projection of psionic energy works on a subspace level that covers the whole planet. This is why she is able to manipulate the weather almost instantly and on a global scale. This is also the reason she can feel the sickness of plants, the proper rotation of hurricanes, the general location of a area and find a plane flying through the sky while sitting in Africa. Her mind is always intune with the planet because she always in contact with it.

This thought occurred to me when Exodus covered Genosha under a powerful Tk field, which limited Storm's abilities. IIRC, the same thing happened when Bastion covered the island under a force field too.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

And Storm can brainfry powerful telepaths.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    And Storm can brainfry powerful telepaths.
    I think that has more to do with her ability to generate electricity. Though, I would love to see a telepath enter her mind and then go comatose after touching the planetary conscieness her mind is connected too.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

She usually controls the weather to make sure it doesnt go wild.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I think that has more to do with her ability to generate electricity. Though, I would love to see a telepath enter her mind and then go comatose after touching the planetary conscieness her mind is connected too.
    How can generating electricity hurt a telepath who enters her mind?

How can generating electricity hurt a telepath who enters her mind?
    Just a guess, since the brain flows like electricity? Remember what she did to Mr. Sinister, so it's kind of a similar effect. However, it's never a sure defense from her. She has been ambushed by psychic attacks before, but this seems to be a very good defense against lesser telepaths or telepaths in general that don't know how Storm operates.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post
    Just a guess, since the brain flows like electricity? Remember what she did to Mr. Sinister, so it's kind of a similar effect. However, it's never a sure defense from her. She has been ambushed by psychic attacks before, but this seems to be a very good defense against lesser telepaths or telepaths in general that don't know how Storm operates.
    But i thought Storm generating electricity is to keep telepaths from entering her mind.

Maybe when somebody enters her mind, that gives Storm the ability to actually control the brian flow of the invader and create enough electricity on his/her physical brain to brainfry him/her

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Even that, when you think about it is a form of tk, well if their doing it psionically.
    True, pretty much all of that is since it's their brains moving molecules around.

But i thought Storm generating electricity is to keep telepaths from entering her mind.

Maybe when somebody enters her mind, that gives Storm the ability to actually control the brian flow of the invader and create enough electricity on his/her physical brain to brainfry him/her
    To be honest, I dont think it works that way... I mean plenty of telepaths, friendly and unfriendly have ventured into Storms mind in the past. Plus it's not like there is any physical contact between Storm and the invader, so putting more electricity in her head wont likely do anything.
    Last edited by Outside_85; 12-04-2017 at 05:40 AM.

I just don't feel like anyone should be choosing sub sonic for her flight speed when it's been established in 616 canon that she has been seen as, in these exact words, "breaking the sound barrier". Someone please post the scan from Willow's run.

BANNED

With your durability explanation, Colossus durability should be 2 since changing to steel is part of his power?
    Yeah don't worry I'll explain it
    The durability is the ability of your physical body to tank damage, characters with forcefields or high speed don't necessarily translate to high durability because their bodies would still be vulnerable with them. The case with Colossus is that since his actual physical body changes to very solid steel his durability is tied to that form, while in storm case she can manipulate forces around her to deflect attacks, but if quicksilver were to hit her beyond any energy she's around she'd be as vulnerable as a normal human, now if you want to make it a 3 gimme some scans, I'll accept any evidence but I can't give a 4 to storm since her physical body is technically still vulnerable to harm

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wano View Post
    Yeah don't worry I'll explain it
    The durability is the ability of your physical body to tank damage, characters with forcefields or high speed don't necessarily translate to high durability because their bodies would still be vulnerable with them. The case with Colossus is that since his actual physical body changes to very solid steel his durability is tied to that form, while in storm case she can manipulate forces around her to deflect attacks, but if quicksilver were to hit her beyond any energy she's around she'd be as vulnerable as a normal human, now if you want to make it a 3 gimme some scans, I'll accept any evidence but I can't give a 4 to storm since her physical body is technically still vulnerable to harm
    Your explanation is on point. However, in Storm's case there are a few examples as to why Storms durability is a bit above 2 here's why.
    Ex1:
    Storm was snatched out of the air a few stories up and was slammed to the ground.
    Ex2: Without powers she was hit with a Mach 1 air pressure, fell over a balcony and landed on someone as durable as Colossus and survived.
    Ex3: Storm was slammed into a mountain side and was still able to use her powers.
    Ex4: During her fight with Magneto, Erik grabbed Colossus and threw him at Storm to stop her assult.

there are a lot more examples I can keep going to show her durability is far beyond that of just some Peak Human. She isn't SUPERHuman, but it's above average.

I think Storm's powers operate at such a deep level that the air around her(or even the electron shells of her atoms/molecules) shields her from a lot of kinetic impacts that should have hurt her more than was shown on panel. Then of course there is the idea of her potential elemental transmutational abilities, and the idea that her displayed resistance to physical injury is actually subconscious applications of this further development of her powers.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I think Storm's powers operate at such a deep level that the air around her(or even the electron shells of her atoms/molecules) shields her from a lot of kinetic impacts that should have hurt her more than was shown on panel. Then of course there is the idea of her potential elemental transmutational abilities, and the idea that her displayed resistance to physical injury is actually subconscious applications of this further development of her powers.
    Yes. I hope that happens, I just want to see what they would be like.