10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    so it seems you believe sues ability to modify her shields permeability is why it worked in one case and not in the other ?
    Comics have a lot of inconsistencies in them. We have two data points out of thousands.

Storm's instance happened years before the Jean instance. Maybe Sue let her use her powers across her field in the one because they were working together, and maybe she was treating Jean as a hostile in the later instance and locked it down completely. Maybe the creators of the annual with Storm didn't think things through. I just don't think you can try to explain the nature of their powers by looking at these two data points, without knowing the exact nature of Sue's powers and her ability to modify them.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

At the very least, you would have to show me a page of Storm using her powers against Sue in a hostile manner across her field, where Sue is powerless to stop her, for me to buy into this theory you and rutog are espousing.

Having read bit more about Sue's powers, she has to be selective. Her invisibility is achieved by her bending light around her psionically, and yet, she is still able to see, talk, and hear(so some light has to be able to not bend around her and enter her retinas, and sound waves have to come in and out). Her forcefields are psionic as well and drawn from hyperspace, and she is able to manipulate the texture and quality of the field for a variety of effects. The fact that we see and hear her inside the field at times(and not at others) means she absolutely has to be able to pick which frequencies of energy can or can not penetrate.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 12-06-2017 at 07:07 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    At the very least, you would have to show me a page of Storm using her powers against Sue in a hostile manner across her field, where Sue is powerless to stop her, for me to buy into this theory you and rutog are espousing.
    what theory is that? I've simply started telekinesis and her psionic abilities are not the same and doing so is an over simplification of her powers.

Having read bit more about Sue's powers, she has to be selective. Her invisibility is achieved by her bending light around her psionically, and yet, she is still able to see(so some light has to be able to not bend around her and enter her retinas). Her forcefields are psionic as well and drawn from hyperspace, and she is able to manipulate the texture and quality of the field for a variety of effects. The fact that we see her inside the field at times(and not at others) means she absolutely has to be able to pick which frequencies of energy can or can not penetrate.
    no your last statement isn't supported by canon. see below:

Comics have a lot of inconsistencies in them. We have two data points out of thousands.

Storm's instance happened years before the Jean instance. Maybe Sue let her use her powers across her field in the one because they were working together, and maybe she was treating Jean as a hostile in the later instance and locked it down completely. Maybe the creators of the annual with Storm didn't think things through. I just don't think you can try to explain the nature of their powers by looking at these two data points, without knowing the exact nature of Sue's powers and her ability to modify them.
    fair enough, but the only thing sue can do is make her shield more or less permeable. there isn't anything from 616 that supports her being able to filter which energies can go through her field:

Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-07-2017 at 12:20 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    fair enough, but the only thing due can do is make her shield more or less permeable. there isn't anything from 616 that supports her being able to filter which energies can go through her field:
    Okay, so Mockingbird got a nice PIS shot in against Sue. If Sue could never block sound, all her villains could just carry sonic weapons and take her out everytime.

She has to be able to filter the energies, otherwise she would be completely blind when she went invisible.

If she can't pick, she shouldn't be able to block laser fire(light energy) while also seeing through her field(light energy).

Looks like Galactus was able to effect her psychically through her forcefield.

And she can block sound if she wants to.

Okay, so Mockingbird got a nice PIS shot in against Sue. If Sue could never block sound, all her villains could just carry sonic weapons and take her out everytime.

She has to be able to filter the energies, otherwise she would be completely blind when she went invisible.

If she can't pick, she shouldn't be able to block laser fire(light energy) while also seeing through her field(light energy).
    1.) That wasn't plot induced stupidity. Her shield has to be permeable as she wouldn't be able to breathe inside them if it wasn't, nor would she be heard across the shield. Also, it's very possible that a sonic gun could work if her shield wasn't air tight. So the only thing that can be deduced is that the shield permeability or density can be modified. sound has knocked her unconscious before after her shield was up:

2.)Her ability to bend light is the only energies her powers manipulate which doesn't account for other forms of energy.

3.) Light from the sun is not going to hurt or harm you in the same way laser beams would as they function at completely different wavelengths and frequencies. There is no evidence from canon to support she bends anything other than light when becoming invisible. Her ability to block lasers is based upon the density and permeability of her shield. Thus is also true of sound and even heat.

edit: as explained later canon does demonstrate her powers permit her the ability to allow certain frequencies of light in her shield. scan of this is in later post.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-07-2017 at 12:23 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Yogaflame, Storm vs Invisible Woman, who will win?

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Yogaflame, Storm vs Invisible Woman, who will win?
    At this point, having dipped into Sue's feats a bit, its completely unclear!!

yes she can I'm not arguing that. Her shield has to be air tight to block it is what I'm saying. the way she achieved it in that scan is by making a more dense, thicker barrier. in fact this scan supports she can't control the permeability of her shield and the only thing she can do is make it thicker to prevent sound from coming through.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-06-2017 at 08:08 PM.

BANNED

At this point, having dipped into Sue's feats a bit, its completely unclear!!
    Nooooo..

Since you're in Storm's appreciation thread and you are a Storm fan, just say Storm will win against Invisible Woman.

BANNED

I just wanted to point out that on that scan above, Sue needs to create a 3 feet thick of invisible force field in order to block sound.

Nooooo..

Since you're in Storm's appreciation thread and you are a Storm fan, just say Storm will win against Invisible Woman.
    I saw images of Sue breaking through Celestials. Blocking gamma and atom-type bombs.

In theory, Storm could win. And in theory, Sue could win.

I mean, we do have that one page from the annual that shows Storm's powers operating across her field, in which case, Storm could insta-ko/kill her in any number of ways. However, those other feats are impressive and if Storm was only allowed to use her powers across her field that one time, then Sue could block an initial volley and open up one of her force-fields inside Storm's brain and kill her instantly.

It's a quickdraw type of scenario, but only if Storm can always get through Sue's field, which I am not convinced of.

I just wanted to point out that on that scan above, Sue needs to create a 3 feet thick of invisible force field in order to block sound.
    It's no harder for her to make that than a small one, though. It's a case of her modifying her forcefield for a desired effect.

BANNED

I saw images of Sue breaking through Celestials. Blocking gamma and atom-type bombs.

In theory, Storm could win. And in theory, Sue could win.

I mean, we do have that one page from the annual that shows Storm's powers operating across her field, in which case, Storm could insta-ko/kill her in any number of ways. However, those other feats are impressive and if Storm was only allowed to use her powers across her field that one time, then Sue could block an initial volley and open up one of her force-fields inside Storm's brain and kill her instantly.

It's a quickdraw type of scenario, but only if Storm can always get through Sue's field, which I am not convinced of.
    Your post still sounds like you're more of an Invisible Woman fan than a Storm fan. Give me a reply that will convince me to say you're still a Storm fan. Even if you need to be bias. Lol