10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Really?? Hmm now I know. Anyway, I’m sure Storm can affect Sue within her Force Field I mean she’s done so twice to Magneto
    Sue and Magneto have very different fields.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    oh no problem. the only reason I don't mind it being used is because even with it not being real their powers still functioned as they normally would have.
    Got it. Those were some weird FF issues and they certainly didn't make me like Crystal much back then.

also storms powers have worked across her shield as well as others meant to contain her power:

Storm is using her powers inside of that field, but not across it, and it's not Sue's field(nor were they prepared for Storm specifically), and Storm got knocked out anyways...

Using a dream image isn't going to work. Have you ever had a dream of flying? Can you fly in real life? If Sue was having a nervous dream about Crystal replacing her, Crystal getting the upper hand in said dream is not exactly scientific proof, so much an exercise of her own nervousness...

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Using a dream image isn't going to work. Have you ever had a dream of flying? Can you fly in real life? If Sue was having a nervous dream about Crystal replacing her, Crystal getting the upper hand in said dream is not exactly scientific proof, so much an exercise of her own nervousness...
    a dream of me driving a car is quite different from a dream of me flying through space at light speed unaided by anything other than my will to do so. one is based within the realm of reality and the other is not. the same is true of that scan. though it was a dream there was nothing within it that was out of th ordinary in how their powers would normally function.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

I saw images of Sue breaking through Celestials. Blocking gamma and atom-type bombs.

In theory, Storm could win. And in theory, Sue could win.

I mean, we do have that one page from the annual that shows Storm's powers operating across her field, in which case, Storm could insta-ko/kill her in any number of ways. However, those other feats are impressive and if Storm was only allowed to use her powers across her field that one time, then Sue could block an initial volley and open up one of her force-fields inside Storm's brain and kill her instantly.

It's a quickdraw type of scenario, but only if Storm can always get through Sue's field, which I am not convinced of.
    1) Sue was only able to break through the Celestial armor because of it being hyperspacial energy and she hit their same frequency, or something like that. It was a nice feat, but its not what you are making of it.

2) Again, Storm's powers are not a form of telekinesis. She does not send an energy beam out to the elements to control them like telekinetics send an energy beam out of TK energy to grasp and move objects. Storm's brand of psionic control over the elements is largely based on her spiritual and physical connection to said forces. She controls those forces directly without sending an energy beam to them as she literally becomes one with those forces. Stopping Jean's TK is no indication or argument that she can stop Storm's powers from working.

3) In her second battle with Magneto, the indication is Storm created a blizzard within his force-field. We have also seen her control the elements across Jean's shield when they were trapped under a building in X-Men Unlimited issue 7.

4) I don't see how bending light has anything to do with Ororo's powers since Storm can be inside of structures surrounded by walls that light can't penetrate and still control the forces of nature on the other side of said structures. Storm's control over the elements is not light-based.

Storm is using her powers inside of that field, but not across it, and it's not Sue's field(nor were they prepared for Storm specifically), and Storm got knocked out anyways...
    no look at the scan again. storm lightning is breaking through. and to your point it's not sue field but she used her powers across sues field in the post included with the one you are responding to so again, the burden of proof is on you to prove otherwise.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

a dream of me driving a car is quite different from a dream of me flying through space at light speed unaided by anything other than my will to do so. one is based within the realm of reality and the other is not. the same is true of that scan. though it was a dream there was nothing within it that was out of th ordinary in how their powers would normally function.
    You can't use a dream sequence(with a completely different character at that) as proof. That's ridiculous. And I personally have driven my normal car in dreams off a cliff, and into rain forest jungle stream without incident, defying all normal laws of physics.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    Got it. Those were some weird FF issues and they certainly didn't make me like Crystal much back then.
    lolol.. I love old school ff. but I can understand a lot of stuff back then was quite weird.

You can't use a dream sequence(with a completely different character at that) as proof. That's ridiculous. And I personally have driven my normal car in dreams off a cliff, and into rain forest jungle stream without incident, defying all normal laws of physics.
    actually I didn't use it as proof but I said I didn't mind it because nothing that was shown was outside the realm of occurring regularly. and when I stated driving a car it is solely within what can occur when you are awake. your example wouldn't apply because you wouldn't be able to do so while awake. the same is not true of that scan.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    1) Sue was only able to break through the Celestial armor because of it being hyperspacial energy and she hit their same frequency, or something like that. It was a nice feat, but its not what you are making of it.

2) Again, Storm's powers are not a form of telekinesis. She does not send an energy beam out to the elements to control them like telekinetics send an energy beam out of TK energy to grasp and move objects. Storm's brand of psionic control over the elements is largely based on her spiritual and physical connection to said forces. She controls those forces directly without sending an energy beam to them as she literally becomes one with those forces. Stopping Jean's TK is no indication or argument that she can stop Storm's powers from working.

3) In her second battle with Magneto, the indication is Storm created a blizzard within his force-field. We have also seen her control the elements across Jean's shield when they were trapped under a building in X-Men Unlimited issue 7.

4) I don't see how bending light has anything to do with Ororo's powers since Storm can be inside of structures surrounded by walls that light can't penetrate and still control the forces of nature on the other side of said structures. Storm's control over the elements is not light-based.
    1) The Gamma Bomb feat is real and it was meant to kill all the assembled heroes there, even Thunderstrike(with Thor's powerlevel) is scared!

2) For Storm to create an effect at a distance, she must first think across that distance. Her range is far beyond most other psions, but she still has to think across the distance before she can act(otherwise she would know everything about anything in the entire universe always, and could use her powers instantly anywhere in the whole universe all the time).

Attachment 59026
    3) Magneto is not Sue.

4) Light is a type of electromagnetic wave. Psionic powers also operate on some frequency of electromagnetic wave(which is why Cerebro can amplify psis, and why Magneto and Storm and other natural phenomena can block or interfere with their energies). If Sue can allow light through her fields selectively, she might can allow other electromagetic waves through selectively.
    Last edited by yogaflame; 12-06-2017 at 09:49 PM.

Actually I didn't use it as proof but I said I didn't mind it because nothing that was shown was outside the realm of occurring regularly. and when I stated driving a car it is solely within what can occur when you are awake. your example wouldn't apply because you wouldn't be able to do so while awake. the same is not true of that scan.
    Soooo.... dreams are always bound by reality except when they are not? Unless you have another scan of Crystal using her powers through Sue's field while they are actually in waking consciousness, your theory holds no weight.

1) The Gamma Bomb feat is real and it was meant to kill all the assembled heroes there, even Thunderstrike(with Thor's powerlevel) is scared!

2) For Storm to create an effect at a distance, she must first think across that distance. Her range is far beyond most other psions, but she still has to think across the distance before she can act(otherwise she would know everything about anything in the entire universe always, and could use her powers instantly anywhere in the whole universe all the time).

Attachment 59026
    3) Magneto is not Sue.

4) Light is a type of electromagnetic wave. Psionic powers also operate on some frequency of electromagnetic wave(which is why Cerebro can amplify psis, and why Magneto and Storm and other natural phenomena can block or interfere with their energies). If Sue can allow light through her fields selectively, she might can allow other electromagetic waves through selectively.
    1. she also said the strain is unbearable and taking everything she has to even perform that feat. Additionally this doesn't prove she can keep storm from manipulating anything across her shield.

2. not necessarily true we have seen her powers work subconsciously as you are well aware which would not require an active thought from her per say.

3. agreed. just as shields are not created equal the same is true of psionics.

4. you have no proof she can select any energy frequencies to enter her shield outside of light. the only way she can prevent other forms of energy or anything for that matter is by making her shield less or more dense. your scan you posted of preventing sound coming through already confirms that fact. the only frequencies she can allow in her shield are forms of light:

Soooo.... dreams are always bound by reality except when they are not? Unless you have another scan of Crystal using her powers through Sue's field while they are actually in waking consciousness, your theory holds no weight.

what did crystal do or for that matter sue that was beyond her power?
    that said, I never brought this scan into the discussion so it is not relevant to either point I made. i showed you scans of the sound getting across her shield, heat getting across her shield, as well as even telepathy. Additionally, I have a scan of Storm using her powers across her shield. Now please point to any evidence that would suggest het hyperspace force field can sever Ororos ties to the elements or even the synapses running through her body.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-06-2017 at 10:17 PM.

Strain or no-strain, she blocked a killer shot that would have leveled Hulk, Thor, etc, etc, etc. It was just to show she can stop some serious punishment.

Show me Storm using her powers headblind at a great distance and hitting her target. She has to guide and sculpt the medium according to her will!!!

Ok.

Whatever, I've been looking into her powers for all of a couple hours, I'm no Sue expert.

Crystal dream aside, we have one image from decades ago that shows Sue and Storm working together and Storm's powers working across the field, but we don't have any proof if Storm were to fight Sue it would go down the same way. If Sue puts up her own forcefield around herself, we have no proof any attack Storm wants to launch would get through, and certainly no reason to say Storm could prevent Sue from opening a force-bubble in her body, killing or incapacitating her instantly.

Strain or no-strain, she blocked a killer shot that would have leveled Hulk, Thor, etc, etc, etc. It was just to show she can stop some serious punishment.

Show me Storm using her powers headblind at a great distance and hitting her target. She has to guide and sculpt the medium according to her will!!!

Ok.

Whatever, I've been looking into her powers for all of a couple hours, I'm no Sue expert.

Crystal dream aside, we have one image from decades ago that shows Sue and Storm working together and Storm's powers working across the field, but we don't have any proof if Storm were to fight Sue it would go down the same way. If Sue puts up her own forcefield around herself, we have no proof any attack Storm wants to launch would get through, and certainly no reason to say Storm could prevent Sue from opening a force-bubble in her body, killing or incapacitating her instantly.
    1.) Her shields are powerful I never once said it wasn't. I simply stated she can't prevent forms of energy other than light from going through. anything else is based upon the permeability of the shield. Additionally, you haven't provided any evidence that her shield can sever the ties to ororo's powers.

2.) Surely you didn't forget Roguestorm my friend:

3.) We have plenty of proof outside the scan that shows her power doing just that. I showed you heat getting through which is at her command. This would mean the coldest temps would get through as well. I also showed a scan demonstrating air goes through he shield as well which is at Ororos command. Lastly Emma's powers worked across the shield and she is psionic, which you have conceded their powers work similarly. I would argue if Emma can get through ororo most definitely should because Emma is not connected to the being she is trying to manipulate in the manner Ororo is with the elements. So again, the burden of proof is upon you to dwmsintrate she wouldnt be able to use her powers across the shield.

4.) Lastly simply because the scan is dated doenst mean it isn't canon. Based upon your statement storms biggest feat the galactic core shouldn t be considered as she has only done it once never to do it again. There is no other proof she could do such a feat.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-06-2017 at 10:49 PM.

I have forgotten nothing. RogueStorm's storm built up over hours, not instantaneously, her mind is reaching out and gathering more and more power "over a vast, ever increasing area", exactly in alignment with my theory of her power.

I'm pretty sure that gamma bomb would be putting off some heat and various radiations, but she seemed to hold that back...

Look, this is stupid. There is no battle in canon between Sue and Ororo to draw on for proof, so this is all conjecture.

I just think Sue's main power being to block **** would probably hold up against Storm's assaults long enough for her to pop a bubble in her brain.