• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Strain or no-strain, she blocked a killer shot that would have leveled Hulk, Thor, etc, etc, etc. It was just to show she can stop some serious punishment.

Show me Storm using her powers headblind at a great distance and hitting her target. She has to guide and sculpt the medium according to her will!!!

Ok.

Whatever, I've been looking into her powers for all of a couple hours, I'm no Sue expert.

Crystal dream aside, we have one image from decades ago that shows Sue and Storm working together and Storm's powers working across the field, but we don't have any proof if Storm were to fight Sue it would go down the same way. If Sue puts up her own forcefield around herself, we have no proof any attack Storm wants to launch would get through, and certainly no reason to say Storm could prevent Sue from opening a force-bubble in her body, killing or incapacitating her instantly.

The galactic core feat is greater.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    The galactic core feat is greater.
    Is it? What did she really do in that event? She gave herself an abortion, and took out her mini ship. And died. That's it. And there aren't galactic cores just hanging around every time she wants to throw down with someone.

No wonder everyone thinks Storm fans are crazy!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I have forgotten nothing. RogueStorm's storm built up over hours, not instantaneously, her mind is reaching out and gathering more and more power "over a vast, ever increasing area", exactly in alignment with my theory of her power.

I'm pretty sure that gamma bomb would be putting off some heat and various radiations, but she seemed to hold that back...

Look, this is stupid. There is no battle in canon between Sue and Ororo to draw on for proof, so this is all conjecture.

I just think Sue's main power being to block **** would probably hold up against Storm's assaults long enough for her to pop a bubble in her brain.
    1.) No. you said she has to think across long distances before she could act. in roguestorm her powers functioned on a purely subconscious level which would require no active thought of her own. it says it right there in the panel. this goes against your point completely. but it does however support the initial point rut and I made saying her powers work completely different from a tk or telepath.

2.) Do you need to see scans from canon to demonstrate Storm could beat kitty in battle for you to conclude storm would win? I would most certainly hope not. What I believe you would do is look to scans from 616 to make an educated conclusion about how the battle would play out. the same is true here. yes there is no battle of these two to pull from 616, but based upon the fact that storms powers have worked across her shield is a strong enough indication she couldn't stop her powers from working across her shields and could if take control of the air inside her shield, just as songbird did with sound. or she could make the surrounding area around her shield so hot or cold she would be forced to make it air tight preventing her from breathing. or simply shut her brain down directly by attacking her synapses. again even with one scan, there is proof from 616 her powers work across her shields even if you wish to turn a blind eye to the many other examples of her being affected across her shield that I provided.

2) She could possibly win against storm but if she works directly with the medium within her shield or simply shutting her brain down her shields being up are and would be ineffectual.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-06-2017 at 11:35 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Is it? What did she really do in that event? She gave herself an abortion, and took out her mini ship. And died. That's it. And there aren't galactic cores just hanging around every time she wants to throw down with someone.

No wonder everyone thinks Storm fans are crazy!
    Amen.... Sense exists is this thread.

The RogueStorm event was an ever-increasing area of attack display, not a pinpointed attack which I was talking about before (as in the case where she shot down Cyke's Blackbird from across the world). It was a subconscious, desperate play, not a conscious precision strike. She still had to expand her zone of influence from her center point(where her body is and the foothold of her consciousness in the world).

You are being argumentative for no reason and have no direct proof of what you are trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    Amen.... Sense exists is this thread.
    Just barely.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lolol.. I love old school ff. but I can understand a lot of stuff back then was quite weird.

actually I didn't use it as proof but I said I didn't mind it because nothing that was shown was outside the realm of occurring regularly. and when I stated driving a car it is solely within what can occur when you are awake. your example wouldn't apply because you wouldn't be able to do so while awake. the same is not true of that scan.
    So this still makes no sense. It's a dream a symptom of a mind at rest not an actual feat. It can't be used.

The RogueStorm event was an ever-increasing area of attack display, not a pinpointed attack which I was talking about before (as in the case where she shot down Cyke's Blackbird from across the world). It was a subconscious, desperate play, not a conscious precision strike. She still had to expand her zone of influence from her center point(where her body is and the foothold of her consciousness in the world).

You are being argumentative for no reason and have no direct proof of what you are trying to say.
    Actually I have been the only one showing proof from canon the bulk of our exchange starting with this scan so that statement is incorrect:

A telepath or telekinetic doesn't need to obtain communion with the objects they manipulate or control before being able to do so. Your sole point has been that her powers are like tks and telepaths and even posted a non-canon feat to support that point, yet you called a dream sequence from 616 as ridiculous. Every point i have made i have done so using evidence from 616 canon. You have made it a point to continue this exchange even though you admittedly didn't even know enough about Sues powers to support the claim you kept attempting to make, which was that storms powers couldn't work across her shield. You even continued to argue this point well after I provided several examples of different forms of energies working across her shield, as well as a scan of Storms powers working across her shield. So i dont think you have any room to say anyone is arguing for no reason while not providing proof, especially when you have yet to point to anything from canon to prove her shield can prevent her powers from working across it.

In regards to roguestorm it doesn't matter it was ever increasing as the only point I intended on making is her ability to utilize her powers and over large areas has and can occur subconsciously. So again I am waiting for the proof (which i have provided even though you claim I haven't) that demonstrates her powers don't work across her shield. the burden is on you to do so.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-07-2017 at 02:08 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

The black bird lighting strike was a precision strike, she didn't guess, it was a tactic to slow him down. She even says she's looking for him. You're absolutely correct about how her powers work but that instance wasn't purely desperate. It was calculated and planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    So this still makes no sense. It's a dream a symptom of a mind at rest not an actual feat. It can't be used.
    Please reread everything that was posted. it doest have to make sense as i never posted this dream sequence as proof of any of the points I've made. I was even the one who made it known it was a dream sequence and simply stated to the person who posted it from my opinion that if he wanted to use it as a way to support what storm could do i wouldn't see an issue with it as the showing is consistent with how crystal and sues powers work.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-07-2017 at 12:13 AM.

BANNED

1) The Gamma Bomb feat is real and it was meant to kill all the assembled heroes there, even Thunderstrike(with Thor's powerlevel) is scared!

2) For Storm to create an effect at a distance, she must first think across that distance. Her range is far beyond most other psions, but she still has to think across the distance before she can act(otherwise she would know everything about anything in the entire universe always, and could use her powers instantly anywhere in the whole universe all the time).

Attachment 59026
    3) Magneto is not Sue.

4) Light is a type of electromagnetic wave. Psionic powers also operate on some frequency of electromagnetic wave(which is why Cerebro can amplify psis, and why Magneto and Storm and other natural phenomena can block or interfere with their energies). If Sue can allow light through her fields selectively, she might can allow other electromagetic waves through selectively.
    1) I don't see the relevancy of the gamma bomb thing in this debate. Furthermore, Sue states right out in this scan that her force-field CANNOT hold back all of that energy, though, through a complete strain of her powers, she was able to redirect it away from them. However, Thor had to take over to send it FAR away into deep space where it could not harm anyone.

2) Storm doesn't have to think across the distance so much as she connects across the distance with the forces of nature physically and spiritually. She becomes one with said forces.

3) Agreed, Magneto is not Sue, but I am showing a pattern of Storm working across people's shields.

4) Again, you are trying to treat Ororo's powers as if it works psionically like a telepath's or telekinetic's. Her powers don't work the same way. Her spiritual and physical bond with the universal life force around her defies scientific description. Its more of a mystical-esque type connection. Storm does not project EM energy from her body to control the forces of nature. She has a connection with them spiritually and physically and is able to bend these forces to her will through this bond. This is the nature of Ororo's brand of "psionic" control over the elements. Hence, things that can jam/impede psi powers like Xavier's, Jean's, Emma's etc don't impede Ororo's elemental control. Examples of this would be (1)Storm's ability to harness electricity to create psycho-static which causes the power of telepaths to feedback on them or how she can make her mind a trap for invasive telepaths through her control over electricity and (2) Magneto's ability to use his magnetic powers to jam telepathic probes. These things obviously don't hinder Ororo's powers. Also, notice how telepathy can get through shields, yet this power is hindered by things Storm's powers are not.
    Last edited by rutog98; 12-07-2017 at 12:31 AM.

BANNED

Another point to bring up is Storm is able to detect all natural phenomena before they occur including earthquakes, weather phenomena, etc. She doesn't have to actively use her powers to detect these things before they come into being either. Her oneness with the world around her automatically informs her.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Another point to bring up is Storm is able to detect all natural phenomena before they occur including earthquakes, weather phenomena, etc. She doesn't have to actively use her powers to detect these things before they come into being either. Her oneness with the world around her automatically informs her.
    yes like she did here:

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yes like she did here:

Lets also not forget that time when she was at the X-Men base in Australia in Uncanny X-Men annual #12 when she sensed Terminus-Garrok defiling the Earth and raced there to battle him.

BANNED

Here is more stuff that shows Storm's powers as being very different from a telepath/TK:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/H6ZzoVkN4Fa...3nr4WiI-=s1600
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/n-deRQKMyXb...1oRv2IeJ=s1600

Notice how she says, "The sun and air and water--Ah see them as patterns of energy resonating within my own being..."

This is not like a TP/TK at all. Its far deeper than that happens automatically when Rogue flips her vision to see the world like this. Well, she would be able to feel the energy resonating within her even without flipping her vision.

Later, Rogue tries to make the elements obey her will, but Ororo's special perceptions are gone and she can't: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/buWTCy53_Z-...GedwTWxv=s1600

The next page, we see Storm who says she felt the lightning strike: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/tyP44R592uH...xvDLeIsq=s1600

She would have had to feel the lightning strike before she fully recovered from rogue's touch earlier.