• Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    Here is more stuff that shows Storm's powers as being very different from a telepath/TK:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/H6ZzoVkN4Fa...3nr4WiI-=s1600
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/n-deRQKMyXb...1oRv2IeJ=s1600

Notice how she says, "The sun and air and water--Ah see them as patterns of energy resonating within my own being..."

This is not like a TP/TK at all. Its far deeper than that happens automatically when Rogue flips her vision to see the world like this. Well, she would be able to feel the energy resonating within her even without flipping her vision.

Later, Rogue tries to make the elements obey her will, but Ororo's special perceptions are gone and she can't: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/buWTCy53_Z-...GedwTWxv=s1600

The next page, we see Storm who says she felt the lightning strike: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/tyP44R592uH...xvDLeIsq=s1600

She would have had to feel the lightning strike before she fully recovered from rogue's touch earlier.

I was gonna post this scan but you beat me to it. I will just post this one again where Emma was in storms body. upon emmastorm using her powers for the first time she was exhilarated. if telepaths and telekinetics powers were the same I'm pretty sure she wouldn't have been as enthusiastic as she was upon using them. also she mentions she a living part of the storm:

Claremont would not have gone through this description of Storms powers if they performers the same way as telepathy telekinesis.

Pak also aware of the functionalitu of her powers stated her every nerves are connected with winds:

and Claremont again shows this connection between hee and the elements with the weather responding automatically to hee emotiins:

Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-07-2017 at 01:41 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I was gonna post this scan but you beat me to it. I will just post this one again where Emma was in storms body. upon emmastorm using her powers for the first time she was exhilarated. if telepaths and telekinetics powers were the same I'm pretty sure she wouldn't have been as enthusiastic as she was upon using them. also she mentions she a living part of the storm:

Claremont would not have gone through this description of Storms powers if they performers the same way as telepathy telekinesis.
    This is further proof of rape that must be documented for when naysayers claim that nothing of the sort happened.

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGreyForever View Post
    This is further proof of rape that must be documented for when naysayers claim that nothing of the sort happened.
    oh yes emma is garbage for the horrific things she did to her no matter how much they wish to ignore it. she will never be forgiven in my eyes for this. hey just curious with you being a jean fan and knowing how her powers work. do you think jeans and ororo's power operate the same? what are your reason for whatever your answer mat be to this question.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-07-2017 at 01:47 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

oh yes emma is garbage for the horrific things she did to her. hey just curious with you being a jean fan and knowing how her powers work. do you think jeans and ororo's power operate the same?
    I don't think I am well-read enough when it comes to Storm's powers to be able to tell if they operate the same way or not, especially since I've seen a lot of conflicting evidence. On one hand, I agree with the belief that all characters have sort of kinetic powers, so Bobby is cyrokinetic, Jean is telekinetic, Magneto is magnokinetic, etc. but on the other hand, I also believe that Storm's abilities are different because of the way she can see and be one with weather patterns and how even if she is knocked out, her powers continue to have effect, unlike say characters like Jean, Sue, Wanda, Magneto, and I think Bobby as well. So I'm leaning towards the latter, but I could be won over by the former as well. I'll have to go through these many, many, many posts for the last few pages.

I don't think I am well-read enough when it comes to Storm's powers to be able to tell if they operate the same way or not, especially since I've seen a lot of conflicting evidence. On one hand, I agree with the belief that all characters have sort of kinetic powers, so Bobby is cyrokinetic, Jean is telekinetic, Magneto is magnokinetic, etc. but on the other hand, I also believe that Storm's abilities are different because of the way she can see and be one with weather patterns and how even if she is knocked out, her powers continue to have effect, unlike say characters like Jean, Sue, Wanda, Magneto, and I think Bobby as well. So I'm leaning towards the latter, but I could be won over by the former as well. I'll have to go through these many, many, many posts for the last few pages.
    well it's good you are leaning towards the latter . please let me know your thoughts when you have made your final conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    The black bird lighting strike was a precision strike, she didn't guess, it was a tactic to slow him down. She even says she's looking for him. You're absolutely correct about how her powers work but that instance wasn't purely desperate. It was calculated and planned.
    so chaos for the record you think storms power work the same essentially as telekinetics and telepaths as well?

BANNED

Storm looks young on that scan.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Storm looks young on that scan.
    That makes the offense even worse then. Another strike for child molestation it seems.

BANNED

well it's good you are leaning towards the latter . please let me know your thoughts when you have made your final conclusion.
    Will do! My final will be over tomorrow so I should have lots of time.

BANNED

yogaflame, where are you?

BANNED

it was
    Marvel Knights V4 #21. I'm pretty sure that's canon.

I've already shown several scans of forms of energy being able to transverse her shield including sound and heat. also storms powers have worked across her shield as well as others meant to contain her power:

burden of proof is for u to demonstrate why she wouldn't be able to especially when it's been proven that psionic can use their powers across her shield (ie emma).

2. she raises her hands above her head and the area above her is shaded similarly to the shield in the next panel.

Even Kitty can phase through it.

BANNED

so chaos for the record you think storms power work the same essentially as telekinetics and telepaths as well?
    I think it works in part that way but is broader. There are too many instances where she is fighting another elemental or just using her powers where she has to focus on using them beyond just a simple emotional/spiritual link.

Like when she has to focus to create multiple tornadoes to stop a tsunami, she feels the strain, the wave's power hitting against her tornados hurts her. It takes effort, focus, more than a conscious thought to do the feat. Same thing when she flew a jet on a broken ankle, it took more focus, attention and energy than what you are describing. That's very similar to a telepath or other psion. The galactic core feat is a perfect example of this. Initially the extra power allowed for her to gain control but it wasn't enough to kill the parasite and fully heal the corrupted cells. It took more focus.

BANNED

That makes the offense even worse then. Another strike for child molestation it seems.
    She was an adult. It was rape. But she wasn't a child.

BANNED

Please reread everything that was posted. it doest have to make sense as i never posted this dream sequence as proof of any of the points I've made. I was even the one who made it known it was a dream sequence and simply stated to the person who posted it from my opinion that if he wanted to use it as a way to support what storm could do i wouldn't see an issue with it as the showing is consistent with how crystal and sues powers work.
    It's still being used when it shouldn't and the rationale behind letting it stand doesn't work.

So... looks like we are heading back to Halle Berry grade Storm hair for "Dark Phoenix" given what's visible in the Entertainment Weekly previews...
    http://ew.com/movies/xmen-dark-phoen...-for-a-funeral