10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Praying to the Gods/Goddesses/the whole bloody pantheon that this hair is longer and simply pulled back or tied up for the funeral. It looks as though that might be the case with this newer image but so help me Goddess if it actually is this helmet mess...

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ororo101 View Post
    Praying to the Gods/Goddesses/the whole bloody pantheon that this hair is longer and simply pulled back or tied up for the funeral. It looks as though that might be the case with this newer image but so help me Goddess if it actually is this helmet mess...
    lolol. i thought it was a helmet too when i saw the smaller image, but after juan posted the larger one it looks like it is pulled up, back and tied as you mentioned.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

WHY are her roots so dark?! It isn't that hard to get her a good white wig at all. She looks like just some ordinary girl with dyed/colored hair.

Quote Originally Posted by PattiLaBelleStormfan View Post
    WHY are her roots so dark?! It isn't that hard to get her a good white wig at all. She looks like just some ordinary girl with dyed/colored hair.
    right??? the wig is definitely tragic especially this shot of it.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    It shouldn't matter if the telepaths or high level or not. If their powers operate the same it should be true across the board with all telepaths and/or telekinetics. Remember this discussion isn't just solely about telepaths. So again please answer the questions below:

1.) Do telepaths and telekinetics see the items they control as some form of energy that they then can manipulate?

2.) Do telepaths and telekinetics have to establish a communion with the objects/persons they are forcefully trying to control/manipulate before attempting to control them?

3.)Do telepaths and telekinetics becoming a living breathing part of the items they control?

Again if Claremont, the ultimate authority here, thought their powers operated similarly without there being significant differences he would NOT have had Emma respond as she did upon using Ororo's powers the for the first time when Emma had stolen Ororo's body and Emma is one of the best telepaths out there:

In fact, Emma lost complete control on how to utilize Ororo's powers and Ororo ended up having to help her with it because she was "out of her depth".

If it was a similar as you and yoga want to make it appear, Emma (as a high level telepath) should not have had any issue controlling and manipulating the storm. To the contrary, Ororo was able to manage Emma's abilities.

You guys have me rolling lol.

It looks like she is rocking the Blanca look marvelously!!

1. Yes they do. Nate Grey, Charles, Jean all do in the astral plane. The environment is different but they do.

Shaman Nate Grey did, Charles has, the shadow king has.

3. All the telepaths that have had the ultimate intimacy do experience that Union with another person, Storm experiences that with the environment. Telepaths operate in different dimensions across different realities. One of the world of physics the other is the world of the mind.
    Last edited by Chaos Reigns; 12-07-2017 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    1. Yes they do. Nate Grey, Charles, Jean all do in the astral plane. The environment is different but they do.

Shaman Nate Grey did, Charles has, the shadow king has.

3. All the telepaths that have had the ultimate intimacy do experience that Union with another person, Storm experiences that with the environment. Telepaths operate in different dimensions across different realities. One of the world of physics the other is the world of the mind.
    Again if anything you are saying is true Emma would have and should have complete ease with using Ororo powers which you managed to just gloss all over with your response. why couldn't Emma control the storm if their powers functioned so similarly? why does Emma express so much excitement when she initially uses ororo power with being a living part of the storm if it's akin to being on the astral plane and linking with other minds?

Ororo even mentions that her telepathy is ineffectual if jean has something else to worry about.

we know this isn't true with storm power as her direct link to elements as her powers have worked even when she was rendered powerless to do so:

and to what you mentioned show me a telekinetic that has to establish a communion with any object they are trying to move before doing so.

Storm is a psionic as well as Emma and Jean Grey, which means they deploy theirs powers mentally. However the way in which they utilize their abilities are different.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-07-2017 at 01:17 PM.

BANNED

Again if anything you are saying is true Emma would have and should have complete ease with using Ororo powers which you managed to just gloss all over. why couldn't Emma control the storm if their powers functioned so similarly? why does Emma express so much excitement with being a living part of the storm if it's akin to being on the astral plane and linking with other minds?

and to what you mentioned show me a telekinetic that has to establish a communion with any object they are trying to move before doing so.
    Emma's inability to control Storms powers doesn't negate any of the other things I have said. Her failure doesn't change anything else. She's just one telepath. Nate is someone else, Charles is someone else.

Emma's inability to control Storms powers doesn't negate any of the other things I have said. Her failure doesn't change anything else. She's just one telepath. Nate is someone else, Charles is someone else.
    Actually it does negate what you said and heres why. Emma is a high level telepath, she just isn't any run-of-the-mill telepath with no skill or experience. So it's very relevant to this discussion especially when you are claiming as a telepath (which Emma is) her powers work the same as Ororo. The encounter I posted from 616 depicts two characters with psionic abilities switching bodies where there is clear indication there are differences between the functionality of their powers. You can't have it both ways, either their powers work the same or they don't. And seeing Emma is a high level telepath your theory should hold true and she should have been able to control ororo's power with ease, but that was not the case. Seeing this is the only scenario showing a flip of two different psionics, both masters of their abilities yet one being unable to utilize the others fully supports my argument and ultimately invalidates your argument as it is based upon opinion alone and therefore is not rationale that stands with 616 canon.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-07-2017 at 01:08 PM.

BANNED

Actually it does negate what you said and heres why. Emma is a high level telepath, she just isn't any run-of-the-mill telepath with no skill or experience. So it's very relevant to this discussion especially when you are claiming as a telepath (which Emma is) her powers work the same as Ororo. The encounter I posted from 616 depicts two characters with psionic abilities switching bodies where there is clear indication there are differences between the functionality of their powers. You can't have it both ways, either their powers work the same or they don't. And seeing Emma is a high level telepath your theory should hold true and she should have been able to control ororo's power with ease, but that was not the case. Seeing this is the only scenario showing a flip of two different psionics, both masters of their abilities yet one being unable to utilize the others fully supports my argument and ultimately invalidates your argument as it is based upon opinion alone and therefore is not rationale that stands with 616 canon.
    I said they were similar, that they worked the same and they do as Charles, Nate Grey and other telepaths showed. Emma is a high level telepath but she's not those the that show that their powers are similar. So no Emma as powerful as she is ain't on that level.

Nate Grey was asleep and using his powers to destroy a city.

Creates an Emp using his powers
    Last edited by Chaos Reigns; 12-07-2017 at 01:33 PM.

I said they were similar, that they worked the same and they do as Charles, Nate Grey and other telepaths showed. Emma is a high level telepath but she's not those the that show that their powers are similar. So know Emma as powerful as she is ain't on that level.
    So it seems you are saying something completely different now. Yoga stated her powers work the same as telepaths and telekinetics, which you said you agreed with. I posted a scan of a high level telepath, Emma Frost, unable to control Ororos powers, which directly contradicts what you and Yoga asserted. Now you are saying telepaths higher than Emma powers work the same as Ororo? So again either it's true for all or none, there were none of these conditions when this conversation initially occurred and now has seemingly changed because I've provided instances from 616 contradicting your argument. So I'm going to conclude just as you did with the dream sequence that your argument and rationale doesn't make sense. One becaue there is a 616 instance showing Ororos powers are different from telepaths, and two the instances you mentioned of Charles and Nate Grey may sound the same but you haven't provided any proof from canon that they are the same or similair.

BANNED

You are completely right about Emma. Emma has telepathic feats above a non-Phoenix Force Jean Grey, Pre-Shaman X-Man, Psylocke, and every other telepath save Xavier and Shadow King (I'm leaving out Legion and Phoenix Force-possessed characters on this list who would rank higher than Emma in virtually every category). Furthermore, as far as telepathic skill is concerned, only Xavier and Shadow King have demonstrated better than she.

Agreed on everything you have said. Storm's powers are completely different from those of telepaths and telekinetics. Again, telekinetics move objects around by projecting TK energy at their target. They do not control said objects directly like Storm controls the elements, they control them indirectly via TK. Again, Storm does not do that to control the elements. She has an innate physical and spiritual bond with them through which she communes with the universal forces around her and she commands them directly through this link. She can also view them and study them as patterns of energy and forces as well as feel how they work together to learn how to guide these forces to do her bidding.

Here is anothing thing to consider: When Storm's bond with the universal life force around her is fully in tact, she is completely immune to cold, climate, air friction, etc, and she cannot be directly harmed by the weather. Psis, on the other hand, are not immune to telepathic or telekinetic assaults. Xavier, Emma, Jean, X-Man, etc. can all be hurt by unfriendly TP/TK attacks. This is another difference in their powers.
    Last edited by rutog98; 12-07-2017 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    You are completely right about Emma. Emma has telepathic feats above a non-Phoenix Force Jean Grey, Pre-Shaman X-Man, Psylocke, and every other telepath save Xavier and Shadow King (I'm leaving out Legion and Phoenix Force-possessed characters on this list who would rank higher than Emma in virtually every category). Furthermore, as far as telepathic skill is concerned, only Xavier and Shadow King have demonstrated better than she.

Agreed on everything you have said. Storm's powers are completely different from those of telepaths and telekinetics. Again, telekinetics move objects around by projecting TK energy at their target. They do not control said objects directly like Storm controls the elements, they control them indirectly via TK. Again, Storm does not do that to control the elements. She has an innate physical and spiritual bond with them through which she communes with the universal forces around her and she commands them directly through this link. She can also view them and study them as patterns of energy and forces as well as feel how they work together to learn how to guide these forces to do her bidding.

Here is anothing thing to consider: When Storm's bond with the universal life force around her is fully in tact, she is completely immune to cold, climate, air friction, etc, and she cannot be directly harmed by the weather. Psis, on the other hand, are not immune to telepathic or telekinetic assaults. Xavier, Emma, Jean, X-Man, etc. can all be hurt by unfriendly TP/TK attacks. This is another difference in their powers.
    now this was something i was thinking about. how does her abilities work when she is space and not directly linked to any planet??

BANNED

I said they were similar, that they worked the same and they do as Charles, Nate Grey and other telepaths showed. Emma is a high level telepath but she's not those the that show that their powers are similar. So no Emma as powerful as she is ain't on that level.

Nate Grey was asleep and using his powers to destroy a city.

Creates an Emp using his powers
    All of those things are done by application of his TK power, though. He is manipulating his environment indirectly via telekinesis. Storm, on the other hand, has an innate physical and spiritual bond with the universal forces around her. She doesn't need to control her surroundings indirectly via TK. She can do so directly by interacting with the forces themselves without an intermediary power. Your argument can be likened to saying somebody using a cup to scoop up water and throwing it on somebody to make them wet is the same as Ororo making it rain on the same guy to get them wet. No, its not. Ororo controlled the moisture directly to soak the guy. The other person had no direct control over the water, so used a cup to scoop it up instead to throw on the person they wanted to soak.

That said, all you've shown in that first scan is Nate losing control of his powers while he's sleeping and wreaking havok with his TK.

In the second scan, he's obviously using his TK power to warp an EM field to create an EMP. Storm would not have to go this route. She would be able to create the EMP by directly controlling the local EM fields which she would have a physical and spiritual bond with. She doesn't have to use an intermediary power like TK to accomplish this. Again, this is completely different from the way Ororo's powers work.
    Last edited by rutog98; 12-07-2017 at 01:52 PM.

BANNED

now this was something i was thinking about. how does her abilities work when she is space and not directly linked to any planet??
    Her powers is not limited to heavenly bodies (stars, planets, moons, etc.). She must be linked to some kind of a universal life force, if you will. Remember from Uncanny 166, the issue states that she can percieve the universe as patterns of energy she can bend to her will be it stars, planets, or empty space.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/71Tg6Wel96T...xVFony0a=s1600

This would also explain why when she travels to other realities, her powers adapt so she can likewise control the universal forces there like when she was in the Trion dimension. She's not limited to just heavenly bodies.
    Last edited by rutog98; 12-07-2017 at 01:47 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    All of those things are done by application of his TK power, though. He is manipulating his environment indirectly via telekinesis. Storm, on the other hand, has an innate physical and spiritual bond with the universal forces around her. She doesn't need to control her surroundings indirectly via TK. She can do so directly by inacting with the forces themselves without an intermediary power. Your argument can be likened to saying somebody using a cup to scoop up water and throw it on somebody to make them wet is the same as Ororo making it rain on the same guy to get them wet. No, its not. Ororo controlled the moisture directly to soak the guy. The other person had no direct control over the water, so used a cup to scoop it up instead to throw on the person they wanted to soak.
    That's a limited way of viewing Nate Grey's power. He's in a league above most psis and his power makes him one with time and allows him to use his powers in unique was that are comparable to Storm.

Here he's using his telepathy to read data.

How is that different than Storm's energy sight?

PSI energy is as ancient as the universal life forces Ororo is connected to.
    Last edited by Chaos Reigns; 12-07-2017 at 01:55 PM.