10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    1. Then I would suggest you read the Annihilation Wave.

2. The answer to that is yes. A Cosmic Lightning Bolt the same Bolt she hit Stardust is not going to phase Thanos. A Hydrogen Bolt the one she used on Silver Surfer is not going to harm Thanos. Absorbing Energy from the Sun and creating an explosion like she did before is not going to harm Thanos. So yes, at her BEST she isn’t harming Thanos. That’s why she needs to attack from the inside.

3. You have no proof of that your going off of a possibility. Until we actually see Storms full potential then maybe then maybe not. But Right now as in right now in the comics Storm is not on par with Odin or Galactus. I wouldn’t say Storm is on par with the Phoenix just because Claremont said so. She has replicated a similar feat that the Phoenix has done yes, but equal? I’d say No not yet anyway. The Phoenix has displayed some abilities that Storm can’t do. Storm harming Thanos would be PIS the Reason nobody complains if the Phoenix does it is because the Phoenix has a track record of harming High Tier Cosmic Beings such as fighting Galactus himself and harming him.

That’s fine if you cannot Agree to the conclusion, but it’s fact Storm isn’t strong enough to do significant damage to a guy who fights Cosmic Beings and Skyfathers on a daily basis.
    Agreed with this.

Although I would like to also see a non-violent confrontation between Storm and Thanos. Thanos has been portrayed in the past as being obsessed with Death. Storm by contrast has always been a preserver & protector of life. It would be interesting to read the convos the two of them would have. I feel like we have not really read Storm match wits with a respectable foe/opponent/counterpart in a long time. Storm is no fool. While I think Thanos is much smarter than Storm scientifically, she still possesses a spiritual understanding of the world/universe that would contrast perfectly and equally with the Mad Titan.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Agreed with this.

Although I would like to also see a non-violent confrontation between Storm and Thanos. Thanos has been portrayed in the past as being obsessed with Death. Storm by contrast has always been a preserver & protector of life. It would be interesting to read the convos the two of them would have. I feel like we have not really read Storm match wits with a respectable foe/opponent/counterpart in a long time. Storm is no fool. While I think Thanos is much smarter than Storm scientifically, she still possesses a spiritual understanding of the world/universe that would contrast perfectly and equally with the Mad Titan.
    I agree
    Actually, that would make much sense Storm is about life and preserving Balance. Thanos is death and disrupts that Balance. It would be a VERY interesting conversation indeed. Have Storm tell the Mad Titan off like he is a child. LOL. But believe me I’m ALL up for Storm fighting Cosmic Beings just NOT Thanos. Until Coates establishes Storm is an actual God or something and gives her power boost then let’s come back to the discussion. :-)
    Last edited by stormphoenix; 12-09-2017 at 12:30 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Then why didn't she do that to the force field that had so many people trapped?

PIS?!? Iceman shouldn't have been able to even touch him much less defeat him...
    - Because the writer doesnt know how powerful Storm is.

- In Iceman's case, I might agree with you but in Storm's case, yes she can beat him for the fact that Storm has the ability to manipulate different elements and has connection to magic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by stormstan View Post
    Hey new to this website but i love this thread. anyway since when did he say he was a rolo fan?
    Hi stormstan. It's great that you have registered to the site especially a fellow Storm fan. Welcome to the wonderful world of the Storm Appreciation Thread.

As for your question, i actually couldnt find where Coates said it and sometimes I even think I might be wrong. But I think I shouldnt be wrong cos whenever i knew a writer loves the RoLo pairing, I wouldnt forget it.

Ill still try to find it.

Anyway, can you vote for Storm on this thread please; http://community.comicbookresources....ll-of-Comicdom

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Reigns View Post
    That's what we are supposed to do. This thread is finally starting to turn into a place I like to visit and communicate.
    I hope that includes me when you said that.

I agree
    Actually, that would make much sense Storm is about life and preserving Balance. Thanos is death and disrupts that Balance. It would be a VERY interesting conversation indeed. Have Storm tell the Mad Titan off like he is a child. LOL. But believe me I’m ALL up for Storm fighting Cosmic Beings just NOT Thanos. Until Coates establishes Storm is an actual God or something and gives her power boost then let’s come back to the discussion. :-)
    Fair points. The convo between these two should be deep. I'm a fan of Thanos so to be honest I wouldn't want there to be any single hero that can actually defeat Thanos one-on-one without any prep or power ups. I like the idea of it usually requiring more than one hero to overcome Thanos. But if Storm did get some sort of power-up/boost then I would be interested in seeing her face him alone.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Lmao there is just so much to take in. You guys are crazy! I love my fellow Storm fans! In Hadari Yao the All-Goddess who Preserves the Balance of All Natural things we pray!

Random question guys but do you think Storm has the power to make a sun go supernova? Given how her powers shift I'm also going to throw it out and say this experiment occurs on Earth and in space. For the sake of argument let's pretend Storm would survive the fallout lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Son_Of_A_Goddess View Post
    Random question guys but do you think Storm has the power to make a sun go supernova? Given how her powers shift I'm also going to throw it out and say this experiment occurs on Earth and in space. For the sake of argument let's pretend Storm would survive the fallout lol.
    Yes she can. She will as of the moment since we haven't seen it yet.

BANNED

The newest Storm fan stormstan already voted: http://community.comicbookresources....ll-of-Comicdom

Come on fellow Storm fans, it's not hard to post one on that thread.

She could but she would never because that is an egregious violation of nature.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

BANNED

Yes, she can actually. Though I cannot imagine WHY she would want to do something like that.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

No, Storm is not KO’ing Thanos with an External Attack and that would be PIS if she did knock him down. You can list as much high end feats as you want it’s not happening Storm is not strong enough to do something like that. Thanos has tanked full powered blast from Galactus, Quasar, Silver Surfer, Celestials, Odin, Annihilus etc. Storms power output is nowhere near none of those Cosmic characters output. If a writer did do he would need to explain why this occurred without using PIS and downplaying Thanos.

Storms ONLY bet is to Attack him from the inside. Because surely Thanos will shrug off any other attacks like he’s done to Galactus and Odin.
    agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    For the first part, I agree, canon has shown various fields block Storm in the past(the darkforce field of NYC, and the Utopia era SF Nimrods fight, which also blocked Storm's connection to the elements outside of the field and limited her available elemental forces, as examples). Of course, all characters have high and low presentations, so what happens in one story with one writers doesn't necessarily hold true for another story and another writer(such as when Storm defied the Trion, who were gods of their dimension, and Storm overpowered them and remolded/fixed the entire dimension that had been ruptured by Cytorrak's avatar). It's important to look at the bigger picture and notice trends moreso than hinge an argument on a single instance.

For the second, he didn't really defeat him, it was more a battle-field-removal sort of thing.
    but how much of this is reflective of the writers ignorance of her powers ? I mean in ivx Aaron wrote tchalla being able to neutralize her connection to control energy by throwing nanites in the atmosphere which was utter wis.

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    I think its more than just different mediums/scales. Storm's powers operate on a much deeper level and I think that by comparing it to TP/TK oversimplifies her powerset.

That said, my main argument is not based solely on that CANON (LOL!) Origins issue, but based on the profound differences between the mechanics of the workings of Ororo's powers vs. those of psis and the various examples both Kyss and I have brought up. Anyway, we've gone back and forth on this enough. We'll just have to agree to disagree.
    yes i agree with the poster that says her powers are somewhere in between empathy and telepathy. no quite either but a bit of elements from them where it is in a complete different category of its on.

Okay.

Everyone has their own opinion and interpretations.

Instead of trying to declare our viewpoints to be the only correct one, let's try to celebrate the diversity of opinions in our community.
    agreed!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    but how much of this is reflective of the writers ignorance of her powers ? I mean in ivx Aaron wrote tchalla being able to neutralize her connection to control energy by throwing nanites in the atmosphere which was utter wis.
    Unfortunately its all a part of the canon now.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Unfortunately its all a part of the canon now.
    I know which is horrible but theirs plenty from canon that can be used to debunk thst trash, at least i think so. that's why I want the rumors I'm thst link I posted to come to fruition. it would shut a lot of people up I feel.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!