Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I'd choose her over the first one.
    6 different ppl... Guess we all look alike lol

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Definitely one of the last two.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Eh, no. Ororo has had white hair her entire life. Her mother would have explained it to her in her youth. She, a grown woman, consummate leader, would not have thrown such a childish hissy fit. I have long locks, and when my godmother came to visit after a looong time, she asked if that was all my hair. I said of course, and that was the end of that. Ororo has faced death robots and slavers and all manner of evil, I can't imagine she'd be sensitive about her hair like that.
    Lol you just proved my point tho. You mentioned how the subject was broached. The topic about whether or not your hair was real came up. You mentioned it, not me. If that happened to you, it isn't possible that this same thing could happen to Storm at a family reunion on her dad's side? It would. You're crazy if you think it wouldn't. She has a precocious little cousin named after her dad. I wouldn't be surprised if he asked her the same thing. Storm's eyes would come up in conversation as well. I'm not saying Storm should feel insecure about whether people appreciate her hair or not. I'm saying Storm would most certainly get irritated by repeatedly having to answer that question. Anyone would.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    A lot of these comments against the weave scene are the reason why it so hard to write Storm. It was a cute culture joke. But yes out of character only because I think no White writer whom she has always been written under would have never touch that joke.
    Remember the is a women who entire foundation and Era's of Stories written by white men.
    So in reality only out of character due to the fact that it's a rare opportunity to have a main stay writer that isn't white. To add a little comic relief let you hair down your amongst friend joke
    Exactly this post. I mentioned something to this effect a few weeks ago. We managed to get this scene from a black writer that was a bit heavy handed in his black social commentary. But just like you said, she was written by nothing but white men. They were never gonna go anywhere near this subject. That's why it feels so out of character. It's quite amusing.

None of them are ideal. I would love a Storm more like this:

Attachment 59387

Attachment 59389
    Last edited by yogaflame; 12-13-2017 at 04:18 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    Lol you just proved my point tho. You mentioned how the subject was broached. The topic about whether or not your hair was real came up. You mentioned it, not me. If that happened to you, it isn't possible that this same thing could happen to Storm at a family reunion on her dad's side? It would. You're crazy if you think it wouldn't. She has a precocious little cousin named after her dad. I wouldn't be surprised if he asked her the same thing. Storm's eyes would come up in conversation as well. I'm not saying Storm should feel insecure about whether people appreciate her hair or not. I'm saying Storm would most certainly get irritated by repeatedly having to answer that question. Anyone would.
    People might be curious, but I'm not going to ask them to pull me up by hair to prove it. A simple question from Thing would be one thing, her childish response was another.

BANNED

People might be curious, but I'm not going to ask them to pull me up by hair to prove it. A simple question from Thing would be one thing, her childish response was another.
    I already agreed that she was written out of character. I don't believe she would have reacted that way. It was a bit extreme. But I believe it would and should irritate Storm if after explaining to someone (at the Munroe Family Reunion) that her hair is a sign of her birthright to command the forces of nature and her priestess status, only to turn around and have another family member ask is she's wearing weave. It would further humanize her. You yourself could even relate to that scene in a way. So, yes, Storm was very out if character in the way she responded to the Thing. But the question itself would not and should not be new to Storm. The only reason it's new to Storm is because she rarely hangs out with other African Americans. We know why that is. And we're also not gonna play like most of Storm's stories are based in New York. Living in a America she would be bombarded by messages of black beauty. Storm can make anything look good. And she always loves to flaunt the fact that she looks good. Haters be damned. The idea behind asking a woman if she's wearing weave is a back handed compliment. It usually comes up because a black woman's hair is pressed and laid. And it implies that she couldn't have that grade of hair all her own. Ultimately it's implying that her hair is too good for her. So, again, Storm should not be offenend that someone doesn't like how her hair looks. She should be annoyed by having to constantly explain that her hair isn't a weave but a sign of her priestess bloodline.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    Definitely one of the last two.
    I really like her

None of them are ideal. I would love a Storm more like this:
    Are those actors?
    Last edited by ChildOfTheAtom; 12-13-2017 at 05:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Storm solo movie will definitely come true with Disney
    May I ask you a question since you are Storm's biggest supporter here. Please be honest. Would it bother you if Storm was an Avenger in the Avenger books? There is a person who posts in the Rogue thread who feels she should be only limited to the X-Men books and his xenophobic attitude really annoys me. I feel if Rogue can find success in a Avengers book, its a very good thing. Thanks in advance for your reply.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Storm Candidates

I think all the women you posted would be perfect to play ororo by the way they look.

After seeing Valkyrie and Thor in Thor 3, I couldn't help but wish Storm could get a taste of that treatment in films. I never thought just a few weeks later the deal might actually come to pass to allow that possibility.

Bring forth STORM!

yaaaaaassssssss!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    CNBC, BBC and the SceenRant are all reporting that the announcement will happen Thursday.
    ok thanks looking forward to the announcement.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    May I ask you a question since you are Storm's biggest supporter here. Please be honest. Would it bother you if Storm was an Avenger in the Avenger books? There is a person who posts in the Rogue thread who feels she should be only limited to the X-Men books and his xenophobic attitude really annoys me. I feel if Rogue can find success in a Avengers book, its a very good thing. Thanks in advance for your reply.
    Thank you for considering me as Storm's biggest fan. Im really grateful and honored to be called as one,

For your question, i would actually be very happy if Storm will be in Avengers because it will make her more popular and developed more as character. First, Storm will not only be known as an xmen but an Avengers too. Though she was an avenger for a short time , i want her to become an Avenger again, full time or not. Secocnd, Storm ewill be connectedd to diffeeent characters. Third, she could become an Avenger leader too.

Storm shouldnt stay in the xmen books because she's the third (first and second either bEast and Wolverine)xmen to have been exposed to other non xmen books. Id say Rogue is fourth but she is doing a better job as an avenger than Storm.

With regard to Storms xenophobix attitude, im not really considering her to have that attitude. It depends on writers but for me, i prefer the kind and compassionate Storm. Maybe she can have that attitude only when she and Enma fights, i respect thatRogue fan's opinion especially that im a Rogue fan too.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

she wouldn't give two f@cks!

it would not have been an issue if she had said it in a jokingly way. the fact she was serious about it makes it ooc. at least for me.
    Hey Which comic is this pic from

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stormstan View Post
    Hey Which comic is this pic from
    hi there!

here you go:

https://uncannyxmen.net/comics/issue...1st-series-449
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Are those actors?
    That's the aesthetic the casting directors should be going for. I'm sure if they actually go to Kenya(and the surrounding countries if necessary) and do some actual scouting, they could find the perfect young woman to do the job.