• Powerful

10 31.25%
  • Gentle

7 21.88%
  • Loving

1 3.13%
  • the HBIC

14 43.75%

Eh I liked how she punched Kologoth into the air actually. I mean I was just waiting for him to headbutt her or something proving that she should've just used her powers instead but he didn't.

Plus I'd give more props to the artist rather than Guggs for that scene so I don't feel guilty.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    RLAAMJR, she's always been able to lift people physically when she flies. She has the wind to most of the work. So, this is nothing new as her doing this was established from the start. Thing is, I want to see her pull feats that better show her elemental fury in terms of power and creativity. IF he made it a speed blitz, I could live with that, but I'm not sure he went that far with her powers (I didn't read the issue, though).
    I see. But still, her scene doing it was awesome. If you didnt see the scans, check the xmen gold 18 spoilers. Forgot which page though. Just look for it there

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I wouldn't bet on it. Bunn can make it worse. He had Archangel TIE with Ororo in a fight...as if! Bunn and Ororo has NEVER been a good combo.
    as bad as that is it's not as bad as this:

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    We dont know what will happen to the issue. The good thing is that Mr Bunn still continues to use Bloodstorm and Im happy that im seeing two versions of Storm in comics. This doesnt happen all the time.
    True, we don't know what will happen in the issue, but given Bunn's terrible track record with Ororo coupled with the fact Bloodstorm, with the aid of another character, is being pitted against a much weaker character (Lorna), is certainly cause for concern! Maybe you are right, though, and Bunn actually comes through and does Bloodstorm justice in this fight, but the odds of that are slim based on his previous portrayals of 616 Ororo.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    storm portrayal has already been sullied by guggs, bendis, Aaron, fraction, to name a few. it's nothing bunn could do to make it worse.
    Mr Bunn is a good writer. Dont you realize that most of us dont like the 05? so what he did is feature other xmen too. While the book should be focused on the 05 because thats what xmen blue should be all about, but Mr Bunn knows xmen fans dont like them so he features other xmen and even made Bloodstorm look like part of the xmen blue roster. So Mr Bunn is doing a great job really.

BANNED

as bad as that is it's not as bad as this:

You're right. Aaron is the worst. Nobody beats him in writing Storm down. Still, we are in for a rough ride. I just hope the damage about to be done to Storm's powers are very short-lived and ignored by all subsequent writers.

BANNED

I wouldn't bet on it. Bunn can make it worse. He had Archangel TIE with Ororo in a fight...as if! Bunn and Ororo has NEVER been a good combo.
    He was making it fair to both Archangel and Storm fans. Besides, Storm fought with morale. She knows Archangel and she knows she can fry Archangel like an insect. So she must have let her guard down.

Here's my fear: What if Coates reads the upcoming Guggenheim issue AND Unlimited issue 1 and gets Storm's powers wrong for his whole stint of the "Storm" solo title? These are desperate times!
    ummmm no boo. you have to remember guggs has been trolling all of Coates efforts in his bp book. in fact when the stupid issue with her and gambit came out, Coates tweeted his issue with tchalla and ororo. he also had her worshipped as a goddess tapping into divine power, and embracing her blackness. it's no way he will look to that filth. if anything Coates book would start to set the tone for how she is shown within the main book.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 12-20-2017 at 09:45 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    He was making it fair to both Archangel and Storm fans. Besides, Storm fought with morale. She knows Archangel and she knows she can fry Archangel like an insect. So she must have let her guard down.
    She could have batted his fletchlets aside with a wind or even used a protective barrier of pressurized air to effortlessly block out his attack as she blasted him from the sky. An Ororo vs. Warren fight is by no means a fair fight and Ororo should win the battle in a snap. This was completely unfair to Storm fans. You might as well have Jubilee fight Dr. Doom and they take each other out if a writer is going to do this.

You're right. Aaron is the worst. Nobody beats him in writing Storm down. Still, we are in for a rough ride. I just hope the damage about to be done to Storm's powers are very short-lived and ignored by all subsequent writers.
    it will be don't worry. it will be just two issues and afyer that travesty it will bsck to wallpaper for her, business as usual.

BANNED

ummmm no boo. you have to remember guggs has been trolling all of Coates efforts in his bp book. in fact when the stupid issue with her and gambit came out, Coates tweeted his issue with tchalla and ororo. he also had her worshipped as a goddess tapping into divine power, and embracing her blackness. it's no way he will look to that filth. if anything Coates nook would start to set the tone for how she is shown within the main book.
    I have a feeling you are correct in this, but I just raise the concern because it is possible. Possible, but hopefully not probable. :::fingers crossed:::

BANNED

She could have batted his fletchlets aside with a wind or even used a protective barrier of pressurized air to effortlessly block out his attack as she blasted him from the sky. An Ororo vs. Warren fight is by no means a fair fight and Ororo should win the battle in a snap. This was completely unfair to Storm fans. You might as well have Jubilee fight Dr. Doom and they take each other out if a writer is going to do this.
    Ok. You have a point there. But definitely if Mr Bunn was writing an ongoing solo, i believe he can really write great Storm stories,

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post
    Eh I liked how she punched Kologoth into the air actually. I mean I was just waiting for him to headbutt her or something proving that she should've just used her powers instead but he didn't.

Plus I'd give more props to the artist rather than Guggs for that scene so I don't feel guilty.
    Really loved how Storm looked. Good job to the artist!

Quote Originally Posted by ShepardOakenshieldPrime View Post

the only reason it would be cool is if she blitz as implied by the poster who originally posted the scan. but I'm still not convinced that is what happened.

BANNED

the only reason it would be cool is if she blitz as implied by the poster who originally posted the scan. but I'm still not convinced that is what happened.
    But again, people who would see those scans would be amazed of what Storm did there.